“Classic Modern Copenhagen- clean, bright, night”
Review of Hotel Kong Arthur

Hotel Kong Arthur
Ranked #11 of 117 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I stay at the Kong Arthur whenever I come, having switched over from its sister hotel Ibsens. The rooms vary in size, but my budget always means the small rooms. But it works well for one person. You hang your clothes outside the closet, over the suitcase rack. And there is a little cupboard with 3 shelves, a small couch, and a small desk. The room is bright, well decorated, and has the martha stewart simple life feel. The hotel has a small but good gym, a great breakfast, happy hour for beer or wine, a free certificate to use the spa, and lovely lobby where you can hang out with a friend. I plan to return, as it is always a relaxing and lovely respit.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Karen A
Write a ReviewReviews (1,957)

Reviewed 13 March 2014

This is a beautiful hotel. I have been to Copenhagen many times and visited many hotels there, and I have felt especially relaxed in this hotel. The room was clean and the hotel is very well maintained. My wifi connection was strong, but limited to 3 devices. The rooms must be very well insulated because even though my room was beside the lift, I heard no noise. But breakfast at 175 DKK was expensive for what was standard breakfast fare. I will be back!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank NaxosDavid
Stine J, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Kong Arthur, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your review! I am very happy to learn you had a great stay here at Kong Arthur and especially that you felt relaxed. We strive to create a cozy, homey atmosphere to make our guests feel welcome and pleasant, so thank you so much for mentioning how you felt.

Just a small comment; the price of our breakfast is average for the city, but as we focus on high quality products with most of it organic produce, unfortunately we cannot go lower on price. It is important for us to serve a healthy breakfast without artificial additives - this we won't compromise with :-)

I hope to see you back at the hotel soon!

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I've stayed at the KA many times now, and I can absolutely recommend it to anyone who likes a little more character than the Hiltons and Radissons have. It's a very charming hotel in a really nice area of the city.
If you are looking for a very modern type of hotel, this might however not be the right thing for you. It's a bit old-fashioned in an extremely likeable way.
The beds are incredibly good, and all the rooms are really quiet.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Jana M
Stine J, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Kong Arthur, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and so nice that you like to visit us again and again. You are absolutely right; Kong Arthur is not a streamlined chain hotel. We would hate it if we were :-) So I am very happy you like our style, and that you continue to get a great night's sleep here with us. As you have stayed with us several times, I need not tell you about our different offers as you probably already know them all, but I hope to bump into you someday perhaps during Cozy Hour :-)

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 March 2014

arrived at 19.15 to find that the hotel was in the middle of a computer failure. Were told that check-in would be delayed a few minutes. Several updates later and a free beer the hotel lobby was full of guests in similar situation. By 8.30 called my travel agent to get re-booked elsewhere. Staff became abrubt and non professional as they could not cope. While waiting in the reception we found the area dirty and poorly maintained. Found old mouldy apple under chair while looking for a power point. After 2 hours rooms were found and they were also dirty, Bathroom was half cleaned with staff having left their cleaning gear in the bathroom. Room was small and old fashioned. I would not stay here again

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank JDHLondon
Stine J, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Kong Arthur, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry about the trouble you experienced during our power and server breakdown Monday. This was out of our hands and as you hopefully understand, a server breakdown is very serious, as all data is in the server. Our receptionists did whatever possible to serve our guests in this situation and luckily, our guests were very patient and understanding. We have not had any other complaints besides from yours. My Duty Manager at reception who served you Monday tells me that your partner was very understanding. She also tells me that you did not complain about the room.

If you had let us know about your discontent in person, we would have loved to first of all find you another room and second of all do whatever possible to make you happy. However, I must say as our cleaning always get top marks in our guest care survey and as we have one of the best Housekeeping Departments in town, I am very surprised if your room actually looked that way you describe. But if so, we would of course have given you a different room; that would be the least we could do.

I do hope to see you back at Hotel Kong Arthur, so a rare server breakdown will not leave you with a wrong impression of our hotel.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Had an absolutely lovely weekend here at Kong Arthur this weekend. We really booked this hotel because the ones we usually stay at were fully booked, so it was a truly pleasant surprise to realize that we had, by pure chance, found our new favourite hotel in Copenhagen!
The room was spacious (by European standard), comfortable bed, two decent and super-comfy chairs,a really good-sized bathroom, and all the little extras that make a difference like an ironing board, mini-bar, safe, a fan, a complimentary gift plus a gift voucher for two drinks at the bar plus entry to the hotel's Spa.
In the afternoons, between 5 and 6pm, it's "Cozy hour" in the charming lobby/bar, where the guests can meet & mingle if they want to and the hotel serves a little "treat" on the house. A nice twist on the old"Happy hour" concept!
Nearly all the food served at the generous breakfast buffet is organic and the bread is baked locally.The breakfast was served in a lovely glass-walled room, almost like a conservatory, airy and bright, and there is a nice courtyard/"garden", too, which I guess will be very pleasant in the summer.
Unfortunately, we did not get a chance to visit the Spa, but we'll do so next time, for sure!
The hotel is located next to one of the 4 lakes ("Søerne") in cetntral Copenhagen, and there's a brief 10 minutes' (max) walk to the nearest Metro station, Nørreport and even shorter to various buses going in almost all directions, to Østerbro, to Nørrebro, to Vesterbro etc etc.
If you walk to the Metro and feel like a nice walk, you enter Købmagergade at Nørreport and from there you can walk all the way to the famous pedestrian and shopping street "Strøget", but even in Kømbagergade there are plenty of shops and restaurants/cafes/bars.
The hotel has three restaurants: a sushi restaurant, a Spanish tapas one and an Italian one.

This is a gem of a hotel, and at a really reasonable price! We'll be back!!

T

Room Tip: We had a top floor room facing the street but it was all nice and quiet even on a Saturday night!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank hei019
Stine J, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Kong Arthur, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your elaborated review and your visit! It is such a pleasure to read you found your new favorite hotel in Copenhagen, thank you for sharing :-) We are more than happy to frame your stay and look forward to doing it again. Next time don't miss out on the spa - it is Copenhagen's largest and was awarded Copenhagen's Best Spa 2013. So remember to bring your swim wear :-)

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Hotell looks nice, the lobby is very stylish and the bar/lounge has a nice atmosphere.
Not the bigest room, but it had everything we required. Breakfast a bit expensive, but very good.
Nice location, close to everything in Copenhagen.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Trond S
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My husband and I wanted to visit Copenhagen and came across this hotel on google. We are so pleased we did. It has been excellent. Staff are helpful, happy and patient. The room was clean and we had good sleeps ( which is unusual when we stay in a new bed). We booked online and had breakfast included ( another hit) plus we were given two free drinks at the hotel bar and two packs of chocolate hearts! Lobby area is welcoming with a warm gas fire, plenty of sofas to relax ( they let is stay while we waited for the right time to leave for our flight) and the atmosphere calm and chilled. The Italian restaurant, La Rocca, which is affiliated with the hotel and next door was superb. We went there for dinner on our first night and food and service both exceptional. What a treat to find this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Hadiejw

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience and for your kind words. I am so happy you had a good time here at Kong Arthur :-) Reviews like yours make our day; nothing makes us more happy than being able to give our guests a great stay. I hope to see you back to hopefully repeat the success :-) If you have any special requests, please remember to let us know.

Best regards,