“Affordable comfortable but TOO hot!”
Review of Hotel Kong Arthur

Hotel Kong Arthur
Ranked #13 of 118 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed two nights, were v pleased with our spacious room with attractive pictures, nice seating and good wifi (love a hotel that make it free) but found it too hot with no air cond. we left windows open and turned lights off to try and cool it a bit but of course this meant noise.
Bathroom could have been so nice but one measly bar of soap , poor quality amenities, and thin small towels let it down. We commented hotel could feel so much more comfortable with a few details being better attended too. Front reception v helpful, good breakfast.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Basically, I was satisfied with the hotel, but something was missing. The breakfast was fantastic and I liked the building and its atmosphere, as such. The personnel was nice and the location was optimal for us (using bikes to see the city). The room was basic and it was relatively hot during night despite open windows and an extra fan. With open windows all noise from the restaurant was a little bit disturbing as the children went early to bed, but it was not unbearable. The possibility to rent bikes was a nice and reasonably priced extra service. The hotel gym was quite small and in need of a facelift, but the possibilities for jogging outside were terrific. Our children were not allowed into the spa (neither in the evening nor in the morning), which I personally accept. All in all, I can recommend the hotel with some question marks mentioned above.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank HKTHelsinki
Stine J, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Kong Arthur, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and your feedback! If you suddenly come to think of exactly what was missing, you are most welcome to contact me at stj@arthurhotels.dk. All feedback on how we can improve is much appreciated.
I am very happy you had a good stay, but I would of course have preferred if everything had been perfect :-) We will use your comments in our ongoing evaluation of the guest satisfaction, so thank you so much for your help!

I hope to see you back - and if so, please let us know if that "something" is still missing.

Best,

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Hotel is nice and nicely located. Expensive but so are all hotels in Denmark. Service was friendly (for Denmark) but rooms were very HOT and bathrooms a bit utilitarian. Breakfast was great though, plenty of delicious food and variety. Will probably look for a different hotel next time.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and for your visit at Hotel Kong Arthur. I am very happy you enjoyed our breakfast buffet! We recently introduced an even wider range of organic products in our breakfast buffet. Hopefully, our other guests will like this as well.
If you plan to visit a different hotel but liked the service at Hotel Kong Arthur, you should visit our sister hotel Ibsens Hotel close by. This is a 3 star urban Copenhagen hotel, which I can definitely recommmend. However, I hope to see you back at Hotel Kong Arthur of course :-)

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed in June - and agree with all the comments about rooms getting very hot in the direct sunlight and the fans being ineffective. Our room had no plug for the bathroom sink ( this was not remedied before we moved room), non-functioning light bulbs (sorted quickly), and a non-functioning sink drain (flooded the bathroom floor with grime from the drain). However, staff were able to arrange a room move.
Breakfasts were good, but on the Monday ran out of croissants etc before we arrived (we were not by any means late) - apparently this was because the guests on Sunday had eaten them all (oops!!).
We met plenty of the staff due to all this - and all seemed v pleasant!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry about the problems with the first room, but I am very happy you let us know so we could give you a better room and thereby a better experience, and so that the other room could be fixed. As long as we have rooms available, it is of course always possible to change room if you would rather like a room with city view instead of courtyard view, a bathroom with a tub or anything like that.

I hope to see you back. If you let me know you are visiting, I will make sure we have plenty of croissants for you :-)

Best,

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Lovely hotel central (within walking distance) to attractions and good restaurants. Rooms small and very warm in hot weather although the hotel assures us that they are getting bigger fans for the room. Friendly ambience and the hotel's "Happy hour each day is a nice touch. Close to a Main Street but in a quiet cul de sac. Focus is on being environment friendly and they live up to this ethos. Irons in the bedroom is great and the shower was one of the most efficient we encountered during our holiday.

Room Tip: Look at the room before you commit as some are much smaller than other. On a hot day give the top fl...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aatu123
Reviewed 2 August 2014

What a delightful boutique hotel. I arrived early (before noon) for a full one day stop over before flying back to the US from a business/personal trip. I had been in Copenhagen a week prior on business but had no time to chill and explore. So, after 5 days in Prague, it was comforting to arrive at Kong Author. They checked me in early, tended to every query. I manned a bike and explored the city, returned for complimentary aperitif in the lobby with other travelers, chilled in the spa for an hour of steam/bath, then had the most delightful meal at the wonderful Italian restaurant on the property, where I was delighted to be seated with other solo diners--we had a wonderful evening with our pick-up conversations. The location is perfect and the calm, casual elegance of the hotel absolute perfection for a last night. Thank you, Kong Arthur and staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank kgay
Stine J, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Kong Arthur, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience with other travelers. All of us at Kong Arthur are so happy to hear about your stay. It simply makes our day to know what a great experience you had here with us. So thank YOU!

Our afternoon Cozy Hour is actually something we have introduced with especially solo-travelers in mind, as many of our lovely guests are business travelers. We know ourselves how sad a hotel stay can be when being alone and away from one's loved ones. So I am just so happy to hear you liked this initiative.

We all look very much forward to welcoming you back on business or with family.

Best regards,

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Spent a summer weekend in this hotel and was looking forward to a nice time in Copenhagen. At first the hotel seemed really nice with a good location, nice staff and fun design, but..

When I opened my hotel room door, I knew this would not be a good weekend.. It was like a heat wave hit my face, the room had to be about 40 degrees, and the worst thing, it's a eco-friendly hotel WITHOUT airconditioning! In addition, the room-maids opened the curtains every day so the sun could shine directly into the room and the quilt was a winterquilt who made it almost impossible to sleep (had to take it out of the bedcover)!

In my opinion a hotels most important feature is to give you a good nights sleep, in this hotel during the summertime, this is not possible! I will not visit this hotel again before they install an aircondition, after all, we live in 2014!

Room Tip: A room with an aircondition (if they exsist)..
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Gulosten

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. Yes, you are absolutely right; our utmost job is to give our guests a good night's sleep. This has been quite a challenge this summer with the highest temperatures in 17 years. However, we will not compromise with our passion to care for the environment, so we are fully aware of the consequences of our decision. We do our best to inform our guests about this via all online channels, on the phone and at the hotel. We write it clearly on our website and as clrealy as we can online via the third part travel agencies. I am very sorry you were not prepared, meaning you were not satisfied with your stay. I do hope, however, that despite the heat you had a good time at Kong Arthur.

Kind regards,