“Nice building, small room, close to the station”
Review of Savoy Hotel

Savoy Hotel
Ranked #23 of 117 Hotels in Copenhagen
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Nice building, small room, close to the station”
Reviewed 13 February 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night in this hotel on a business trip. The hotel is located at a few minutes walking from the central train station which was very convenient, and it had free wifi. The building itself looks (inside) looks nice, but I was a bit disappointed by the size of the rooms and the beds. I got a twin room (single occupancy) which was small, and the two single person beds were narrow. The bathroom was especially small with the sink located in the shower. after taking a shower, the entire bathroom floor was also wet, including the toilet area (i did not need to clean, so that is ok for me, but...). It was sufficient for a single night and single occupancy, but if I would stay multiple nights or with two, I would have chosen something else (I don't know whether the hotel has larger, more comfortable rooms). Breakfast was included, but I did not have time to try it.

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
ChristianOxlund, Owner at Savoy Hotel, responded to this review, 22 February 2013
Dear Dirk V,

Thank you for taking time to write a review.

As the building is more than a 100 years old, we have different sized rooms and we cannot change the size.
So when you return please ask for a Medium or Medium+ room for more space in the room.

However we are a small centrally located hotel, so you will not find "American sized rooms". But you will find lots of charm and "cosyness", I hope.

I am sorry that you did not had time to have a breakfast. Soon we will begin to have a small breakfast buffet available in the reception from 4.30 am for all the guests that have to leave early in the morning.

I look forward to see you again some day at the Savoy Hotel.

Christian Oxlund

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Croydon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Beautiful old building with lots of character, but renovated to high standard. Rooms clean and modern, and had everything you need as a base to explore the city. Nice and warm and lovely hot shower. Literally 5-10 min walk from Central Station which is a 15min trip from airport. Reception were always very friendly and helpful, breakfast great - fine selection of pastries! Pleased to see hotel is part of the "Green Key" programme. Lots of good places to eat nearby, would recommended Cafe Obelix in the square over the road for a really good, reasonably priced burger and a beer. Would definitely stay there again and recommend to others.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BonAsh1
Dear BonAsh1,

Thank you for your review and your nice comments.

I am glad you noticed the charm of the hotel, combined with the refurbishment we finished barely a year ago.

I hope to see you or your friends at the hotel in near future.

Preston, Lancashire
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Stayed for 2 nights (Friday and Saturday), we booked a Medium Double but I think we were allocated a large attic double.
The room was ok, as it was an attic room one side of the ceiling sloped down so my husband had to bend a little when getting in and out of bed.
There was a TV, tea and coffee making facilities, spare pillow, hairdryer and space to hang clothes. There was a safe as well - this was a little awkward to use due to it opening quite close to the wall.
The bathroom was adequate but we could have done with a bathmat as there was no shower curtain and the floor did get a bit wet at times. We used the extra towel for this.
The breakfast room was pleasant, good choice of teas and good coffee. Small selection of cold meats, cheese, pate, soft boiled eggs, cereal, bread etc. Good start to the day.
The hotel itself is a short walk from Stroget the main pedestrian shopping area and central station. The staff speak English and are helpful. There is a luggage room and they offer late checkout subject to availability.
Overall, we were happy with the hotel however be aware that the rooms are smaller than what you may find elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you're tall, avoid a rooftop/attic room as these have sloping ceilings
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear JessicaRamsay,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your stay at the Savoy Hotel.

I am glad you enjoyed the stay, and I hope you will be choose to stay with us another time.

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 17 January 2013 via mobile

When you only spend a day and a half in a city, you don't need a lot of space, just a bed and a shower, so I booked a small room. That's exactly what we got. In fact in was tiny, one step from the bed to the sink in the bathroom. I want to make clear that this is not a complaint, I want to mention it in case you are a traveller that wants more room.
The beds were incredibly comfortable (although I do get annoyed with the concept of two twins pushed together to create a "double" but unfortunately it appears to be the norm in northern Europe).
Breakfast was adequate, staff were friendly and efficient. Free wifi worked well.
We arrived by train and the hotel is walking distance (although their website's claim of 500 meters seems a little optimistic) in a nice neighbourhood with shops, cafés and restaurants.

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Franck H
Dear Travelfranck,

Thank you for taking time to write a review it is much appreciated.

I am glad you enjoyed the stay and I hope I will be able to welcome you again at the Savoy Hotel.

Lancashire England
Reviewed 4 January 2013

The hotel is very close to the Central Station and numerous reasonably priced places to eat. The room was basic but quite comfortable with a safe to keep money and passports in. Breakfast was outstandingly good with freshly baked bread and attentive helpful staff. I can highly recommend the place...and we found a very good micro brewery nearby!

Room Tip: We were on the 5 th floor and facing an inner courtyard with views of the Christmas decorations in t...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 50something54
ChristianOxlund, Owner at Savoy Hotel, responded to this review, 14 January 2013
Dear 50something54,

thank you for taking time to write a review.

I am glad you enjoyed the stay and that you found your microbrewery.
In the Lobby Bar we are selling bottled beer from Mikkeller, so you have the Microbrewery in house as well!

We look forward to seeing you in Copenhagen again someday.

Barnstaple, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2013

The hotel is in a good location ten minutes from the train station and ten minutes from Tivoli Garden's. The rooms are newly decorated clean and tidy although not overly big. The breakfast was good and gave a good start to the day. However I was disappointed with the noise coming from the next rooms doors closing, clothes being hung on hanger's. The worst thing was there is no underlay under the hall carpet so when anyone goes past it sounds like marching on floorboards. It's a shame because its a nice hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for one at the end of the hall away from the lift. It might be a bit quieter with not so many pe...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank loopy327
Dear Loopy327,

Thank you for your review and comments about the hotel.

We are looking for a way to reduce the noise in the corridor. But as this is on old listed building it is not that simple.

The next time you come to visit us, please let us know about the noise during your stay, and we will move you to another room if needed.

Reviewed 23 December 2012

We had reservation for a smallish room for two for one night, but we got a upgrade to Family room because there was mirror broken in our first room. Everything worked fine, hotel staff was very friendly and beds were good for sleeping. My partner said that beds were too soft, though. Hotel was near everything, only couple hundred meters away the Central Train Station. Breakfast was good, many types of bread available but still it was maybe a bit narrow selection of cereals and other breakfast foods, comparing to finnish hotels. However, it was very pleasant stay at Savoy Hotel and we would definitely come back again.

1 Thank FINLEX
Dear Finlex,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am sorry that you had to change room because of the mirror, but I think it was a good thing for you!

The beds are a standard hotelbed and only one year old. If it was softer than all other beds, we must change it to a new one.

I am looking forward to seeing you in Copenhagen in the near future.