“brilliant staff”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bridport, United Kingdom
“brilliant staff”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This hotel is cosy & friendly, the staff were amazingly helpful; their English was exceptional & we really didn't need to go into the tourist info centre! the reception crew knew everything about their city. We had 4 nts & the breakfasts were lovely. Very near to the sights, what a delightful place; I would recommend a visit. Prepare to be charmed.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank NickyMillen
ChristianOxlund, Ejer at Savoy Hotel, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear NickyMillen,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about our hotel.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the city. And especially glad for your comments on the staff.

I hope we can welcome you again in near future.

Christian Oxlund

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Checked into a small room here today and to my horror and was put into a cupboard room that would barely meet hostel standard. There is no dressing table, the room is dreary, looking out on to a wall, a twin room with literally no room to swing a cat. The bathroom is teeny, without even a shower door. Checked out neighbouring hotel prices and this is way over priced for what we're getting. Unfortunately prepaid so can't escape.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear WhelanWhelan,

Thank you for your review, although it is not a good one.

I am sorry that we did not meet your requirements.
Our hotel is a city hotel and all the rooms face an inner courtyard, which means that is calm and quiet through the night and day.
Yes we do have a neighbour and therefore there is a wall on the other side of the courtyard.

Even though you were not very happy with the rooms I do hope you had a good time in Copenhagen.

Christian
chepstow wales
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Our reason for booking this hotel was it proximity to the railway station, and from the first moment we stepped into the lobby it seemed a good choice.

Despite arriving at 1300, our twin room (109) was already available for us after a long railway journey from Cologne, previous reviewers have mentioned the 6 digit access to the room and indeed it does seem a bit excessive, however it does provide the guest with added security. our room overlooked the central courtyard and offered the guest with tea and coffee making facilities an excellent sized bathroom, with good storage space and a safety deposit box (4 digits required)

The breakfast was self service and of the continental variety, plenty of cereals, pastries and fresh bread was readily available, and a fine array of teas.

My son and I stayed just the one night, though we both agreed that we would not hesitate in staying here, should we ever venture into Copenhagen again.

All the staff I spoke to were courteous and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear AmarokChepstowWales,

Thank you for your review.

We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay and I hope we can welcome you back in near future.

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Stayed for one night on business, arriving about 11:15pm. Maybe I was the last guest to arrive but the receptionist greeted me by name before I had chance to introduce myself. Reception was friendly and helpful - the hotel was fully booked but as I arrived the receptionist had found another hotel nearby for a woman who was trying to find a bed, and walked her there himself rather than just giving directions. He also advised me where to find a bar open for a drink. Room was small but nicely decorated, bed comfortable, bathroom clean. A couple of minor issues, one bedside light didn't work and a lampshade in the bathroom was broken, but nothing of real concern. I was at the end of a corridor so no-one walking past so can't comment on noise levels, in any case I was so tired I slept like the dead. Only disappointment was breakfast. If you're a fan of watery orange juice; breads, meats and cheeses for breakfast; or cereal with UHT milk (yuk) you're fine, but it's not my thing. They did have an excellent selection of teas though. I'd stay again but hit the 7-11 over the road for breakfast.

Room Tip: Rooms on the courtyard have no traffic noise (but no view either!)
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Chris M,

Thank you for your review.

We tend to go a long way for our guests, including those who could not get a room with us.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy our breakfast, we try to have a high standard of bread and cheeses etc. But of course the Orange juice should not be watery.

I hope to see you again in Copenhagen,

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We choice this place as it came up as a very discounted deal on Expedia. It was a great choice. The location was great as it was 10 minutes walk from Central Station. The room was just fine albeit a bit small. We went for the medium room so I wonder what the smalls must have been like! Breakfast was good and general cleanliness and service was of no issue. It did seem very warm despite keeping windows open in November and it was easy to pick up noise from other occupants coming and going, so might be an issue for any light sleeper. Otherwise, I would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank kuchamare
Dear Kuchamare,

thank you for taking time to write a review,and especially for your recommendations to other guests.

I hope to be able to welcome you again in near future,

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed 6 nights late September/early October and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The hotel is well located about a 10 minute walk to the station, downtown, Tivoli Gardens, and main tourist office. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful with good recommendations for local restaurants and advice on how to get around. We had booked a superior room and it was a good size with a nice bathroom. The wi fi was good and the beds very comfortable, although there is no top sheet as is the custom in this part of the world. There is no fridge in the room but drinks are available in the reception area and from a vending machine. There is construction going on next door which starts early on week days, but it did not worry us as we are early risers. The breakfast is very good with cereals, eggs, cold meats, fruit, beautiful crusty bread and pastries. We enjoyed our stay at the Savoy and would have no hestitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Stimmo 25,

Thank you for your review.

Thank you for your positive comments on our breakfast, the Superior room, the beds, the location etc.

The construction that our neighbour is undergoing, will stop soon, according to their plans. Most of it is now taking place inside, so no noise to disturb our sleeping guests.

I hope to be able to welcome you again some day in Copenhagen.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in a twin room with a friend for two nights. Small room, but all essentials where there. Altough, the bathroom with shower didnt seem like it was built ta handle the water running towards the drain. Suprisingly it didnt seem to have effect on anything in long term, everything still felt clean and fresch. Nice breakfast with a lot of choises, altough served in a really tired room. Nice staff.

Dear Sara F,

Thank you for taking time to write a review.

I am glad you enjoyed the stay, and that you noticed the high cleaning standard we work hard to keep.

I am very happy for the last two words in your review - "nice staff". Our staff is the biggest asset to the hotel.

I look forward to welcome you again some day.