“Affordable hotel with a good location”
Review of Savoy Hotel

Savoy Hotel
Ranked #27 of 118 Hotels in Copenhagen
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

Very affordable hotel situated nicely in Vesterbrogate close to the central station and city hall. The decor of the hotel is nice and genuine. I payed for a single room, but got a nicely sized and clean double facing the backyard.
To mention some negatives, the wifi is slow and the connection is bad (I had room 201). The room door is also very thin and you hear people walk and talk in the hallway. Would be a good improvement to replace the doors!
But anyways, I will probably book again because of the location and the price.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I stayed there for three nights, at a room for a solo traveller. The room was fairly clean, though some cleaning supplies were forgotten in the bathroom on the day of my arrival. The room configuration was not very comfortable and some signs of age were clearly seen in the cracked tiles of the bathroom floor. The shower was extremely small and uncomfortable. On the bright side, the location is very convenient, only 5-7 minutes walk from the city hall, and the price is fair. On the bottom line, you pay for what you get.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Yuri S
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I was just spending 1 night in Copenhagen for a concert and I'd never been to the country before. I booked this hotel as it was a great price and very convenient to both the major train station that I was coming into/leaving from plus within a mile walk to the concert venue. When I arrived, the staff were very friendly, happily spoke English to me and were able to get me into a room despite the fact I was early (arrived around 12pm). The room was nice sized and the bathroom very pleasant and bright plus the bed was VERY comfortable! And you can't beat the location as it was also very close to Tivoli Gardens which is a must see attraction. I liked the city from what I saw and travel a lot for gigs so I would definitely come back to this hotel if I came back to Copenhagen! =o)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights.

The staff were most helpful and welcoming. Breakfast was more than generous and I loved the warm breads. Location is great near the train station and Tivoli gardens as well the historic centre. The meat packing district is very close by with some great restaurants. Loved the old lift from 1906ish that still works though there is a modern one too!

The rooms are definitely not big to say the least but they are clean and very comfortable with a safe and good tv. Free wifi also. The shower was strong and with plenty of hot water despite being on the top floor.

Only downsides were:
The attention to maintenance as light bulbs were gone in the foyer, bedroom and bathroom.
The weather was not too cold when I visited but the radiator just managed to heat the room. Would not line to have been there in a cold snap.

Nice hotel and value for money. Would recommend it.

Room Tip: Make sure you book at least an middle size room if 2 people. Anything smaller is very tight.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Great hotel for what we paid.

We went with the sole aim to visit the Christmas wonderland that is Tivoli. The location for this is fabulous. All sites were walkable from here... just, but some places are a very good walk.

The room was very small but had tea, coffee, tv, comfy beds and a compact but decent shower. There is no milk in the room but you can get fresh milk from reception free (they are used to us British requiring milk). Also the wifi was fast and strong in the room.

Breakfast was all you can eat and lots of choice and good quality although the breakfast room got very full one morning there was a short wait for seats.

All in all we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Booked based on other reviews and got a medium sized double room. Overall I'd stay here again for the reasonable price I paid (considering the high cost in Denmark). Nothing fancy, but just a clean basic place.

PROS
-room was clean
-location was about a 5 minute walk from the train station
-no keys to keep track of - door pad code changed daily instead

CONS
-bathroom was a bit worn, but at least it was clean
-bathroom was pretty cold
-bed was really soft, but I did sleep OK. It was two single beds pushed together to make it a "double"
-noise could be heard from people in the hallway but not from adjacent rooms

NOTES
-check out is at 11. Late check out at 13 for 100 DKK or 15 for 200DKK. Make sure you check with the front desk for availability.
-free fruit in lobby
-breakfast included, but cannot comment since I did not have it

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank roamroam
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I booked a medium sized double room since I really don't like too small rooms. It said on the website it should be around 16 sqm, but I'm sure it was much smaller. It can not have been more than max 14, the feeling was that it was very small. And as a couple we got twin beds instead of a double bed.
I'm very surprised about the great reviews, even if the hotel has been renovated it is very basic, especially the bathroom which is also very cramped.
And it is more than surprising that Tripadvisor has given it Certificate of Excellence. I have earlier used Triadvisors certificates to base my bookings on, but after this I don't know what to think. I had thought of staying at Scandic Weber, but since this hotel got better reviews I changed my mind, which I very much regret.

Room Tip: Make sure that you don't get the first floor where the window is just facing a big wall.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family