“Very good”
Review of Bonjour Vietnam

Bonjour Vietnam
Reserve with
Bonjour Vietnam is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #453 of 2,570 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Price range: US$11 - US$20
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Description: Restaurant Bonjour Vietnam is located in beautiful settings just next to The New Theater, ‘Det Ny Teater’ in the Theater Arcade, ‘Teaterarkaden’ at Vesterbro, Copenhagen. The restaurant is run by Quynh Tran and her mother Loan Nguyen, who for more than 30 years has worked as a chef at restaurants through out Vietnam. Their mission is to bring parts of tradition and modernity from the Vietnamese cuisine to Danish restaurant visitors who appreciate a quality Asian cuisine, where everything is made from scratch, and at prices which everyone can participate in.Here You will certainly be able to enjoy the most superior dishes within the Vietnamese cuisine, which by many is considered to be the best and most sophisticated of the Asian cuisines.
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We went here on a special deal to try the Vietnamese kitchen and it was very good. The food was good and the service very good. In addition to a great evening we also bought a Vietnamise plate painted on bamboo for our wall. Absolutely recommendable.

2  Thank CadoragoCadorago

Reviewed 25 January 2014

We come from Warszawa where has many Vietnamese restaurants. The weather is so cold in Copenhagen so it would be nice to have a hot soup.

My husband and me loves Vietnamese food, especially the Pho'. We tried to look on internet and found a restaurant, which is really close to Scandic hotel - where we stay.We went there to give it a try. And we were so happy for our decision.

We bought 2 big menues with four courses, which were plenty of foods. The Pho' soup was perfect with tender beef, the chicken salad was really juicy with lotus and mango. My husband was crazy about the main course with the grilled veel. I have tried something like that in Poland but the quality here is simply so amazing and different.

There is quite a lot of restaurant around here but I think we will return to this restaurant one more time to try another dishes before we go home.

Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

I had gotten this restaurant recommended by a friend of mine, who has lived in Vietnam, and had gone the week before I went, with her family.
I then brought my other friend, and we were not disappointed. We shared the two theater menus, just to taste some different dishes, and it was amazing. The service was brilliant, even though the restaurant was completely full, and it seemed like a busy night.
The only contra would be my dessert, which was a yoghurt with fruit. It might've just been too sweet for me!
Overall, this restaurant is great for a casual, but nice, evening out, and it offers good selection of authentic meals to a fair price.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

My friends and I decided to go there on our new year eve and it was a very wrong decision indeed. There were 4 menus to choose but the staffs had no knowledge about the menu at all. Food was just ok. Very slow to get each dishes and not at the same time. Toilet is super dirty. The worst part is the restaurant manager, he is very rude, racist with no management skill. As I said earlier, go there if u like to experience unforgivable stuff in your life.

bonjourvietnamcph, Direktør at Bonjour Vietnam, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Dear guest,

I know exactly who you are. But most of the things you say are not true.

It is correct that the waiting time for foods on new years evening is a bit longer than usual. But since you could see it was completely full in the restaurant, I think a menu with four big courses, served and eaten within 2 - 2.5 hours is not that unusual also considering we of course had less staff in our restaurant on new years evening than usual, since many of course had requested holiday this evening. I think you in the name of fairness should consider that is the case in Copenhagen or anywhere else, as it would have been if you went to a store or a supermarket that day. I myself had to wait more than 2 hours to pay in the wholesale supermarket. But I totally understood why it happened.

I truely dont know what do you mean when you say that the waiters do not have knowledge about the menues. There were 2 good waiters who has worked with us for more than two years and further more, it is the first type ever that I have heard such a complaint.

The toilet you say ''dirty'' is the most strange thing I have ever heard. I actually believe that our toilet is one of the nicest one at all you can find in the city. That is what other customers say to me often. We clean it four times a days at least. Do you have any picture to prove what your claim?
Plus, your two friends, the ones who booked the table, actually both have been in our restaurant two weeks before. If our food was not good, service was not nice and toilet was not clean, why should they came back and invite friends? They even told us a few times about how good the food were.

I have no idea why you said that the manager was racist. The only thing he told you when you were yelling very lound at him and that was telling you not to yell. He is himself a Jewish man, married to a Vietnamese woman, my self, and you can rest assured that he isn't even remotely racial. I am aware that certain foreigners like to pull the 'racist card' if
they for one reason or another feel scorned or belittled. But this is truly a horrible behavior and you shouldn't use that kind of language since it just goes to prove you indeed are wrong in your claims and generally can't be taken serious at all. Also, In my restaurant, we have workers/ cleaners/ helpers who come from many different countries: India, China, Nepal, Russia, Greece... and we serve thousands of guests every week, including a lot of foreigners (which you ie. can see from the many reviews here on this page) and I have never ever heard such an incomprehensible claim before as calling my husband for racial! I will definitely advice you In the future to abstain from pulling the 'racial card' completely unfounded as in this case, since it actually may have the completely opposite effect, which is to show that you your self may be a bit racist, coming from one Asian to another....

Reviewed 24 December 2013

This restaurant is located very conveniently to the Radission Blu Hotel. The food is authentic Vietnamese and an obvious popular place to eat in Copenhagen. We attended with a large group (about 50) on Christmas Eve (the restaurant remained opened specifically for us). Given the large group, I expected chaos, and while the food was (understandably) slow in arriving to the table, it was delicious. I had the Pho, the duck and the chocolate dessert. Husband had the same, but also ordered some snacks. It was all excellent quality and quantity, and very reasonably priced. All of our dining companions expressed great satisfaction with their meal selection as well. The atmosphere is quite cosy and I expect the service is impeccable with a more orderly clientele (our crowd became somewhat rambunctious and it was apparent that the staff were a little overwhelmed - but in a good way. There were a few mistakes on some bills, but it was handled graciously and appropriately by the staff. We were all very grateful that the staff gave up their Christmas Eve to provide us with a wonderful and enjoyable evening. It was an excellent experience overall, and would highly recommend the restaurant.