Saga Hotel
Hotel Tiffany(Copenhagen)
Hotel Bjornen(Copenhagen)
Hotel Ansgar(Copenhagen)
View Hotel
All reviewsshared bathroomtrain stationbudget hotelshared facilitiesshower toiletfree wifitivoli gardenstwo single bedshotel is perfectcontinental breakfastexpensive citycomfy bedflat screen tvconvenient locationstayed for nightsmin walkshort stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Great location just next to central station, clean rooms, helpful staff and very good breakfast for a two star hotel.
Our room had a shared toilet and bathroom. I was staying with my friends and did not spend time in hotel so we did not care.

But it was not comfortable to use shared bathroom, there was only one toilet for the whole floor (stayed in 3rd floor) and it was too small where you could barely fit in. It was the smallest and the most uncomfortable toilet I have ever been. Small details makes the difference but adding a 30 cm more space in the toilet could make a difference.

I never book a hotel room with a shared toilet when I travel with my wife and spend more for quality. I will also consider same when I travel with my friends and try not to book a room with a shared toilet.

But in general hotel was satisfactory, gave what you paid for.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Saga Hotel is a 2 star hotel situated at central Copenhagen. It is close to Central Station, Stroget shopping arcade and Tivoli Gardens. There is a newsagent across the road from the hotel. This 2 star hotel is ok for a budget traveller wishing to spend time in expensive Copenhagen. Dotted around the area are lots of gentlemen's clubs and sex shops.

Since staying over for only one night and had a tight budget, I looked for an inexpensive accommodation. I read alot of reviews about the hotel and knew what I was going for. Shared bathroom facilities and no lifts were common with most of the reviews, but that didn't bother me as I'm used to walking anyway. I was only going to be there for a night so I had a small luggage to carry up the flight of stairs. Bare this in mind if you are an elderly or have a heavy baggage. This is my first time going to a cheap hotel as I'm used to high end luxury hotels. For this reason, I was a bit disappointed with the first impression.

The staff were very friendly and always helped when asked. The family room had 3 single beds and two single beds joined up to make a double bed. The beds were comfortable but room was very tight. Eventhough it's a non smoking room, it smelt of cigarette when we entered the room.
We had a sink in the room as well.

Food was delicious and abundant as there was a buffet style continental breakfast, all inclusive of the cost.

Toilet was small and pokey, you could just about fit in there and had to be shared with other guests which was no news as i already knew. Showers were very efficient.

Overall it is good as I said for a budget traveller, but won't be doing 2 star again as I'm used to high standard and quality accommodation.

Room Tip: Lower floors as to avoid climbing the stairs!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Back in my home time, I been enjoying day staying here, It is perfectly located, the staff are friendly when I checked in my credit card did not work, this caused no problem at all, the recommended me to try a ATM machine which worked.

At breakfast i found 15 different rolls, cheeses, different cold cuts, jams in plenty, it been great staying here,

The room is a bit small but for the price in Copenhagen, honestly I cheap Charlied chose the cheapest place and been positively surprised.

Got a better deal than I had expected. So price compared with quality is good a rare bargain to find in Copenhagen.

And all while I stayed here the staff have been friendly smiling so if anyone looking for a decent place, large filling breakfast come to Saga Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Friendly reception, advised where to find an optician as the lens fluid was confiscated at the airport. good location,very large choice of food at the breakfast area.
The bathroom was maybe a little small.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Given the average hotel prices we were not expecting luxury. The room was small but functional and clean. As stated elsewhere the walls were a bit thin, but the noise levels were alright. However the location made up for it. Located one block away from the central station we could easily walk everywhere within or outside the city. And for someone arriving late at night, the proximity to the train station is really helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends