Saga Hotel
Orbitz.com
  • Bar/Lounge
US$262
  • Room Service
Wakeup Copenhagen, Borgergade(Copenhagen)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$172
All reviewsshared bathroomtrain stationbudget hotelshared facilitiesshower toiletfree wifitivoli gardenstwo single bedshotel is perfectcontinental breakfastexpensive citycomfy bedflat screen tvconvenient locationstayed for nightsmin walkshort stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Just got back from our 1st trip to Copenhagen and location wise, we couldn't ask for better! 2 seconds from the train station, 5 mins from the city center and right by the cheaper side street bars. It was clean, breakfast was lovely and it was cheap, what more do you need for a city break!

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor if stairs are an issue, no lft.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very simpaty, and people very helpfully ! It was a great time, i recomed it! Is very clean!
The breakfast have lots os options, and bread and the room is very cosy !

It's possible rent bikes, what is great and easy to visit the city.
But is really bad stay in a room in 4 stage

Reviewed 2 January 2014

The hotel had nothing special, but it is a good place to spend night in Copenhagen. The location is very good, the train from airport comes very close, the shopping area is close, the rooms are clean and staff is friendly. There is even a smalla bar at the lobby.

Breakfast is ok, nothing special there either, but adequate for the price.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Great location just next to central station, clean rooms, helpful staff and very good breakfast for a two star hotel.
Our room had a shared toilet and bathroom. I was staying with my friends and did not spend time in hotel so we did not care.

But it was not comfortable to use shared bathroom, there was only one toilet for the whole floor (stayed in 3rd floor) and it was too small where you could barely fit in. It was the smallest and the most uncomfortable toilet I have ever been. Small details makes the difference but adding a 30 cm more space in the toilet could make a difference.

I never book a hotel room with a shared toilet when I travel with my wife and spend more for quality. I will also consider same when I travel with my friends and try not to book a room with a shared toilet.

But in general hotel was satisfactory, gave what you paid for.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Saga Hotel is a 2 star hotel situated at central Copenhagen. It is close to Central Station, Stroget shopping arcade and Tivoli Gardens. There is a newsagent across the road from the hotel. This 2 star hotel is ok for a budget traveller wishing to spend time in expensive Copenhagen. Dotted around the area are lots of gentlemen's clubs and sex shops.

Since staying over for only one night and had a tight budget, I looked for an inexpensive accommodation. I read alot of reviews about the hotel and knew what I was going for. Shared bathroom facilities and no lifts were common with most of the reviews, but that didn't bother me as I'm used to walking anyway. I was only going to be there for a night so I had a small luggage to carry up the flight of stairs. Bare this in mind if you are an elderly or have a heavy baggage. This is my first time going to a cheap hotel as I'm used to high end luxury hotels. For this reason, I was a bit disappointed with the first impression.

The staff were very friendly and always helped when asked. The family room had 3 single beds and two single beds joined up to make a double bed. The beds were comfortable but room was very tight. Eventhough it's a non smoking room, it smelt of cigarette when we entered the room.
We had a sink in the room as well.

Food was delicious and abundant as there was a buffet style continental breakfast, all inclusive of the cost.

Toilet was small and pokey, you could just about fit in there and had to be shared with other guests which was no news as i already knew. Showers were very efficient.

Overall it is good as I said for a budget traveller, but won't be doing 2 star again as I'm used to high standard and quality accommodation.

Room Tip: Lower floors as to avoid climbing the stairs!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family