“Good value for money but dont expect total comfort”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Jorgensen

Hotel Jorgensen
Ranked #100 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good value for money but dont expect total comfort”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

Me and other 2 female friends booked female only dorm. The location of the hotel is strategic since you can directly go from Copenhagen airport to Norreport station which is very close to the hotel. The room is small and cramped, and considering we are Asians and quite petite, it is still a bit too small for us. It is best to pay in DKK because when we give 210 euro (when the balance is 207 euro) the front desk guy did not give us our change back. The room has only been cleaned once during our 3 nights stay. By the second night, it already feel a bit too dusty and unclean. Considering we rented female only dorm, a stranger (man) knocked and opened our door to let us know the breakfast is ready. That is a bit unsafe and the front desk guy claimed he did not know who was the man.

Shower is decent. The toilet was quite a mess considering no one replaces the toilet roll, and the floor was not cleaned. By the second day, our other roommate moved out from the place and went to Hostel Generator. The only reason we stayed was because we had no more energy to move from one place to another.

The breakfast is okay as it is included for Saturday and Sunday. Lots of choices for free breakfast.

If its only for a short stay and you think you can stand a bit of itchiness (due to unclean sheet?) then you are up for the hotel.

Location is very good though.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank cutemadness

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Polish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

Very close to Norreport station, and a very good price for an emergency stay for the night (185 Kr hostel)

You are required to rent sheets (25Kr) unless you have your own

I was almost homeless for the night after 39 hours waiting and flying and desperately needed a place to stay. Stayed at this place, and if I weren't exhausted I do not think I would ever manage to sleep a wink at that place. I'm not sure if it was just our room, but Copenhagen was a very pleasant 20 degrees that night, but our room felt close to 35 degrees. Woke up in the middle of the night to discover the windows only let a crack of fresh air in, but not enough to bring the temperature down. The beds also felt extremely unstable, literally on the verge of collapse, I am unsure as to how the person below me felt sleeping above a bed that might just crumble if I moved. Furthermore, no ladder was provided, so I have to use the shelves as steps.

I took a shower late at night, when it was empty. The showers were reasonably clean, although the floor could use a wiping. The toilets are small, but also clean.

I do not recommend this hostel for anything other than emergency stays. Price is good, location is good, book in, stay a night, move out.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank keven r

Travellers are raving about these Copenhagen hotels

Elblag, Poland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012

We’ve stayed 3 nights there in the 12-beds dorm room. It was dirty and not smell good but the other rooms was clean. It’s good located and price (for Copenhagen). Great breakfast – included in price. I’m not really recommend that place – only in emergency situation and for short stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank odyseusz
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

Location and price for hostel dorm room is good. However, the room I stayed in was very cramped as well as the showers. There was only couple plugs in the room for ten people. Sheets are for rent (unless you bring your own)

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank ihananna
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

Decent location, pretty close to a metro station. But its quite a walk from the main train station though. The hostel is mostly underground and is literally a maze. Rooms and bathrooms are average, nothing spectacular and not very clean. No lockers to store your stuff. The only real plus is the free breakfast, the spreads and cold cuts on offer are really good ! There is a big hall area to hang out in and meet other backapackers.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Copenhagen, Denmark
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

The Joergensen hotel is very well located, just one or two blocks from the metro and the station which is the ideal to stroll around the city. The neighbourgh is wonderful,lively and quite at the same time. We stayed in the hotel side and we paid 2750dkk for 5 nights,resonable in Copenhagen.
The checkin procedure was very nice and the payment is at the arrival.
We were given a spacoius room -#14- next to the reception and this made our nights a bit loud, but it was fine. We asked for separeted beds and we got one double bed and one single,both very comfy. The only complains I can tell about the room are: we had a very tiny sink in the room with a little mirror and in a 5 day stay they were never cleaned; the other is of course the absence of a toilet into the room.
I kwen it when I reserved but the share bathroom provided was the hell! It was quite impossible to move into, it was like a cell and no window,on the ceiling there were two neon lights which got hot very fast making that toilet like the hell!
Moreover an evening at around 10pm I went to the toilet and I discover there was no toilet paper, nothing! With the unease and the discomfort you can well imagine I went to the front desk guy and I asked him some, he looked quite afraid and confused, then went to search and came back to me with an already in use roll telling me to try to ask the day after - wow! It sounded like : "try again tomorrow maybe you will have more luck"! Unbelievable!
But I have to say that I had some luck, someone put in the toilet a new roll on the day after!
The shower was shared too, even it was spartan was comfortable.
Breakfast was a bit poor and quality was not amazing - I work in a hotel, I know what I say.
In the hotel rooms there is no safe. By the way, I was forgettin to say that on our first night, at 04.20am while we were sleeping someone tried not once but twice to forced our door to open.
Anyway, the location is great and the price is not bad beeing in Copenhagen, if in Copenhagen I would go to this hotel only for price,the location and for the room, but I don't think I will.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Perth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2010

Dirty, uncomfortable, noisy, smelly, probably unhygenic, didnt sleep a wink. only stayed one night, wouldnt even contemplate sending a dog to stay here.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends