We stayed here for three nights in early June of this year as part of a trip to Denmark, Sweden, and Norway. Out of all the hotels where we stayed, this was the best in terms of value, service, location, and cleanliness.
I was a bit worried when we arrived because our stay was over a holiday weekend, our room faced the canal, and there was a lot of activity (and noise) outside. We closed the windows when we went to bed and they blocked out the noise; we opened them during the night and were fine. The last night of our stay was much quieter and we left the windows open all night. Since I thought we might have to leave the windows closed much of the time I requested a fan. None were available the first night, but when we returned to the hotel the next day after sightseeing a fan had been placed in the room, which was really nice.
As I said, our room faced the canal; as recommended on this site, we booked a corner room with a view and it is indeed worth the extra money. We had four big windows and the view is lovely!
As others have also noted, the rooms are simply furnished, but the beds are comfortable, and we had two comfy armchairs and a desk; the room was also very clean. If there is a drawback to the room it's the bathroom. All I really look for in a hotel bathroom is that it is clean and this one was, so for me it was fine. At the same time, the setup that one often finds in Scandinavia where there is not a separate bath or shower but only a (usually quite small) curtained off area in which to bathe is not great. However, it's not the end of the world and you get used to it.
I also want to reiterate what others have said about the staff: they're awesome! They go out of their way to be helpful and are very friendly.
Breakfast is nice, and there is a lot of it.
I would absolutely stay here again if back in Copenhagen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel at the corner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Somandshjemmet Bethel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Somandshjemmet Bethel Copenhagen
- Somandshjemmet Bethel Hotel Copenhagen