“Four walls, a bed, nothing more” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel Lautrup Park
Ranked #72 of 114 Hotels in Copenhagen
Stockholm, Sweden
“Four walls, a bed, nothing more”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

For a hotel that claims four stars, I'm left wondering there those stars come from. No gym, sauna or pool. A small bar. A small restaurant. It's not that the hotel is bad, it's just nothing there. The best thing with the hotel is that it makes you work more, since you probably don't want to go back to the hotel (or work less, so you have time to go to Copenhagen. I didn't try that). Rooms are fairly small and fairly clean. If you will work on one of the nearby companies, by all means, stay here. Otherwise, don't.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Korean first
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2010

Very modern. It has an impressively stylish (and large) public area to hang out in, get a drink and a meal, sit and work etc. Food was good. I had a very pleasant stay.

It's not central, but I don't look for that on business trips.
I was working at one of the businesses in the nearby industrial estate, so could use the network of foot/cycle paths to walk to work. "Industrial estate" might sound grim
but quite the opposite -- this is all 21st-century Nordic design.

You can get a train at the S-tog station Malmparken -- a short taxi ride (or a 10-minute walk) away.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Europe
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2010

The hotel is located in an industrial zone, the only good side is,it's very close to business areas. Actually it's very expensive for standart hotel,
If you would like to visit copenhagen you should take a metro it will take 35 mins to get there.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
East Grinstead
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2010

I booked a room in this hotel online, and prepaid this. On receiving my credit card bill I have been double charged for this stay. On contacting the Hotel, they simply told me that I must have booked the room twice, which I didn't. There booking agency states that the Confirm button must have been pressed twice. Which I don't believe it was, but a possible stutter on the jeyboard would have been enough. The Hotel are totally intolerant to any common sense, and refuse to credit one of these charges.
I believe this is tantamount to a scam, having inappropriately charged me.

I will never use this hotel again, and will spread this word as wide as I can.

Martin Brown

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank mfv911

Travellers are raving about these Copenhagen hotels

Oslo, Norway
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2010

As a result of the volcanic eruptions on Iceland my flight home from Greece was halted for two nights in Copenhagen. SAS provided accomodation and food in this hotel. I can understand that things may have been rushed for the hotel to accomodate a big number of unexpected guests, and that choices for SAS were few. However, this is not a hotel I would ever choose for a visit on my own to Copenhagen.

The location is remote from the city, and in the middle of a major industrial area. It doesn't seem to have any form for going out in the proximity - there is a Fötex shopping mall around the corner, and other wise a 20 minute walk to the nearest railway station (I used 25 minutes on my return). Another 25 minutes or so is needed for the journey to the city.

The hotel definitely needs a face lift - the interior looked in need for a renovation. It offers a "cold" approach, and the room was stained and partly dirty - which was not improved through my stay. The pillows were far too soft, and didn't offer me much ability for a nice sleep.

The breakfast was good, and I bought a separate meal from the standard offered by SAS on my first night, which also was very good. However, the meal was partly disturbed by a stressed person who constantly ran around in the restaurant, but this probably beacuse of the circumstances - even though the restaurant was far from crowded.

I looked on the prices and found DKK 1.325 for a single room as outrageous for a hotel of this standard and in this location. However, it was not for me to be paid and I guess all parts did whatever possible to cope with the situation.

This is not a hotel I will revisit, given it is up to my own choices.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank greek-traveller
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2010

Adequate... nothing more to say really...

Free internet, and it works well

Good supermarket next door to Hotel

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hotel_Lautruppark, Hotel Manager at Hotel Lautrup Park, responded to this review, 8 March 2010
Dear Adequate

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review of Hotel Lautruppark.
We always values our guest’s opinions very high, as these are the foundation on which we are continuously working on improving our hotel.

All our rooms, lobby and conference are connected to the free wireless internet, we think it is importent that our customer have a easy way to go online here at the Hotel.

Once again thank you very much for your review. We really do hope that we will get the chance to bid you welcome again in the future.

Best regards

Hotel Lautruppark

Thomas Kyhl Hansen
Hotel Manager
Var
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2010

I would not consider this a 4 star hotel. The facilities are poor and the place is always dead. Buffet breakast is acceptable but the restaurant for dinner is limited, expensive with average service. The waiter doubles as barman in the lobby. It is convenient for local business and ideal just for somewhere to sleep. The beds are comfortable. The area is exceptionally quiet except for about 15 minutes at 5.30am when the bins are emptied. This is not somewhere to stay if you are here to visit the city (see other reports) - the Admiral near Nyhavn provides better value for money. I stay here on a regular basis and will contine to do so because of its convenient business location.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Zavya

We have all the need it facilities, We have a very good restaurant, diffenrent conference rooms, a nice lobby and beautiful rooms. If you have any special request, will the reception help you best as possible, so all your demands will be fulfil.

If you wish to see ore visit some other places in the area can we help you to find the right places to visit at the reception.

It is a quiet area, nearby copenhagen 15 min with the train, will you be at the central station

We do allways minimum two waiters on shift together so we can provide the best service to the customer, but both waiters will and can provide the service in the bar and restaurant.

We are very sorry that there where some noise, early in the morning when the bins where emptied, this is not normal .

We hope to see you again at Hotel Lautruppark.

Best regards

Hotel Lautruppark

Thomas Kyhl Hansen
Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Copenhagen
Zleep Hotel Ballerup
Amager
Hotel Amager
Hotel Amager
#73 of 114 in Copenhagen

Been to Hotel Lautrup Park? Share your experiences!