“OUTSTANDING”

Ranked #76 of 3,015 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Scandinavian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Frederiksberg
Description: RADIO is modern and informal city restaurant with both feet on the ground. Good food comes from good produce and good craftsmanship. We work closely together with a score of suppliers from Lolland-Falster and Zealand; and our menus change 12 times a year, as it has done from when we opened. At times it pains us to substitute dishes our guests love after only 4 weeks, but the process keeps us attentive and close to the seasons. Both our chefs and waiters are on the floor to ensure the greatest possible attention and service to you as our guest. Hence, you can talk to our chefs about the food or hear more about the wine from our waiters.
Reviewed 18 April 2019 via mobile

Loved this restaurant and was out first restaurant of the weekend and didn’t disappoint!

Food, wine and service was amazing.

The wine list was fabulous and managed to have a bottle that’s extremely rare to find.

Food was absolutely delicious and would definitely go back!

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed 13 April 2019 via mobile

I am a bit confused what I thought of the overall experience. The food was of a good standard, service a bit fake and I left feeling a bit cheated with the pricing.

Part of the reason I guess is the currency exchange between the UK and Denmark, but when checking the bill afterwards and finding you are charged £17 without warning for tap water you can understand why feeling a bit cheated came into question.

When eating we went for the 3 courses and bought our own organic wine , which was good, by the bottle. This works out cheaper than doing 5 courses and pairing that with a glass of wine with each course.

The food was of a very good standard and presented very well. Flavours were fresh and exciting yet the pork let us down due to it being too fatty.

The interior of the restaurant was done to a good standard, I particularly like the bay windows separating the kitchen from the dining area , allowing you to see into the kitchen yet not creating to much noise pollution to distract from the artistically presented dishes .

Waitress could of been a bit less sarcastic and patronising at times, but maybe that is a cultural difference.

All in all it was a great meal, surrounded by a nice ambience, however I would not recommend sadly.

Date of visit: April 2019
1  Thank UndercoverCBD
Reviewed 27 March 2019 via mobile

Haven’t been for several years but suffice to say it has not changed and remains the excellent dining experience I remembered, in a relaxed and intimate setting. Can not recommend highly enough.

Date of visit: March 2019
2  Thank ehillier1975
Reviewed 25 March 2019 via mobile

One thing I always love in a great restaurant is confidence- and that’s something I really found at Radio. For example I went for the wine pairing, and my girlfriend went for the juice pairing. Normally the sommelier gives you a lecture on terroir and vintage, but here a simple “Riesling- goes great with the dish”- was what I got, and all I really needed to know. If you want, you just ask and they will happily give you the detailed info, and that was something they did throughout the dinner. So, no fuss, but at the same time food and wine at the highest caliber.

This is the perfect restaurant to visit if you want to eat great food in a lovely relaxed atmosphere. They serve a fixed menu, and change it depending on season. The food was all in all delicious, with a certain New Nordic/modern/local twist.

It’s also nicely priced at around 200 euros for two tasting menus, one wine pairing, and one juice pairing.

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank kaspergieldon
Reviewed 19 March 2019 via mobile

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our 3-course meal with inventive wine pairings. We recommend you put yourselves in the capable hands of the two young owners and just eat and drink what they recommend. You will not be disappointed. The restaurant and staff are a delight.

Date of visit: March 2019