“Deicious dishes in a cosy environment”
Review of Restaurant Radio

Restaurant Radio
Ranked #76 of 3,015 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Scandinavian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Frederiksberg
Description: RADIO is modern and informal city restaurant with both feet on the ground. Good food comes from good produce and good craftsmanship. We work closely together with a score of suppliers from Lolland-Falster and Zealand; and our menus change 12 times a year, as it has done from when we opened. At times it pains us to substitute dishes our guests love after only 4 weeks, but the process keeps us attentive and close to the seasons. Both our chefs and waiters are on the floor to ensure the greatest possible attention and service to you as our guest. Hence, you can talk to our chefs about the food or hear more about the wine from our waiters.
Reviewed 20 October 2019 via mobile

Discovered this great restaurant by chance. All dishes are very well prepared and were delicious. A creative wine list ideally complemented the food. The Austrian Riesling was excellent with a low alcohol content. A
worthwhile and memorable place.

Date of visit: October 2019
2  Thank 56charlesd

Reviewed 30 September 2019

As our expectations were high before entering Radio, the experience we were given was even better. Already from the first contact we were sure about our decision for the evening. A table booked in advanced, we felt welcome.

The meals kept coming at a perfect pace, nicely paired with wine. Wine of a kind that somewhat challenged the palate. And, belive it or not, one of our little group were given the best caretaking I have ever seen when i comes to non alcoholic beverages. Pairing with the meals were given great attention. This is a rare experience, at Radio delivered to perfection.

So then value for money? What money, the tab came at a very surprisingly low cost. Given the quality for this broadcasting, this is most certainly the Radio where to set your tuner.

The last words is, Thank you all for the great time at Radio.

1  Thank smedbrekka
Reviewed 24 September 2019

I came here for lunch on a Friday in September. To be honest the place was deserted with only one or two other diners in the whole restaurant, and while this didn’t ring alarm bells, it did make we wonder what was in store. What I had in store was in fact one of the best lunch’s I think I have ever had.

The menu, especially at lunch time, is limited but when the food is as good as this you can see they have spent time perfecting every element of every dish. I started with the carrot starter, which is certainly not something I would normally order as a starter, but it was absolutely stunning. This was closely followed by mussels with potato and egg yolk, which if possible was even better. My main course, which was recommended by the excellent and informative waiter, was the lamb with mushroom sauce. I was not a huge fan of lamb or mushrooms. I am now. It was unbelievable.

Not having much of a sweet tooth I normally wouldn’t get a desert, but after the first three courses I knew I had to see what the master in the kitchen could dish up. In turned out to be plum presented in about six different forms, each one more delicious than the last.

It is expensive? In my opinion, for what you get, it is very reasonably priced indeed, especially for Denmark. Are you going to be eating here for lunch every day, obviously no, but for even the smallest of special occasion I would highly recommend Restaurant Radio.

1  Thank Bert81
Reviewed 21 September 2019

Came here for a lunch. Not only was the 5 course menu fantastically priced for what you got, each dish was balanced, flavourful and surprising. Using seasonal ingredients. Imagine plum assortment including the pips, topped with frozen celery shavings - it TOTALLY works! Make a trip here - most definitely worth it, better than many Michelin starred restaurants we’ve been to around the world. We couldn’t rate our favourite dish - as each so different and well balanced.

Reviewed 14 September 2019 via mobile

Do you want to try the New Nordic kitchen without having to book six months in advance?

Radio serves you 3 or 5 small dishes. Each is an experience in itself. Eat it slowly, fill your eyes, smell and taste.

Compositions based on local organic produce in season.
Every bite I had will stay in my memory.

The room is simple in an elegant way which matches the food perfectly.

Best of all: We had a great waiter. He was there when we needed him, discreet and professional. He presented the meals with knowledge and pride. We felt so well taken Care of. Thank you so much.

1  Thank Elsebeth A