“Go There! It is the place!”

A. C. Perch's Thehandel
Ranked #428 of 2,424 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Danish
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Zell am See, Austria
“Go There! It is the place!”
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Do you love tea? Enjoy an old-fashioned but original atmosphere? Like friendly and smiling staff?

The small tea room is one of the main reasons for me to fly to Copenhagen!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Markoff_Chainey

Bangkok
“Sensational Fragrance!”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I love loose leaf tea and would normally look for nice tea shops wherever I go. When I found out about A.C. Perch's Thehandel on tripadvisor prior to my trip to Copenhagen, I went on their website to book a table at Perch's Tea Room but couldn't get one. I then emailed them directly to explain that the only day my husband and I would be able to visit the tea room during my weekend stay was Saturday (it is closed on Sunday). Promptly, I got a reply that there was a cancellation and my name had been put on their reservation system.

When we arrived at the tea shop on the street, there were people outside with numbered queue slips in their hands. Inside the shop, it was very crowded so we only took a peek in there for a few seconds. It was the best smelling place I have ever been to. The fragrance of their teas was sensational.

Anyway, this A.C. Perch's Thehandel shop is for selling teas only. Perch's Tea Room is upstairs. To get there, you walk to the corner of the building and turn left. There is a nondescript door. Go up one floor and you'll see some tea and accessories display. Walk in and there are only a few tables. The whole place is nicely decorated.

We ordered a set of afternoon tea to share. The scones were rough looking and buttery, not similar to the ones I had in several places in the UK, but they were delicious in their own way. They came with lemon curd and whipped cream but we asked for clotted cream and got it too. The variety of teas on the menu was mind-boggling but our waitress was lovely and knew her teas and we had a nice kettle. The little sandwiches, cakes, and macarons were ok.

While we were at the Tea Room, I was able to order some tea blends to take home. Also I bought some of their best selling teas from here. There was no need to wait in the queue outside the shop downstairs. I bought five kinds and so far have tried three. Again, the smell is amazing. High quality stuff!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Rinacha
Stockholm, Sweden
“Go there for a cup of tea and the atmosphere!”
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Buy your tea in the shop below or go upstairs and have your tea and sandwich in the restaurant. The teamaking is interesting to watch.

• Visited August 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Great atmosphere and high quality”
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Great atmosphere taking you decades back. They have great varieties of tea and above the stop there is a tea saloon in which you can enjoy a nice tea with something sweet on the side

Visited December 2012
Copenhagen
“The best tea in Cph”
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Do you fancy a cup of tea while you are in Cph - this is the place! We Danes delude ourselves that it does not get more English than this. Enjoy "high tea" with sandwiches, scones and cake - with tea in silver pots - it's an experience! Bring your daughter or your mother and dont forget to look out the window - you can almost see Queen Elizabeth waving to you after this experience! I love it!
Oh - and dont forget to bring your own tea home from the shop when you leave!

• Visited December 2012