“Perch Tea Room - worth the search!”

A. C. Perch's Thehandel
Ranked #434 of 2,378 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Danish
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Indre By (Inner City)
radlett
“Perch Tea Room - worth the search!”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

A C Perch have been purveying tea from the same premises since 1835. As recently as 2006, they expanded upstairs to level 2 (first floor of same building) to open a tea room. Have to enter via courtyard up an unprepossessing staircase. Once inside, nicely decked out and offers a traditional "English" tea with dainty sandwiches, Danish cheese selection or just a wide selection of fine teas. Not quite Bettys (of Yorkshire, England) but if you are a Brit missing tea in Copenhagen or an American/continental European not able to take tea in England, this is a good alternative.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank shapma4

Switzerland
“The fresh aroma of a 1001 teas”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Ah, the fresh aroma of a thousand and one exotic (and not-so-exotic) teas drapes around you even when just passing by. Always packed with customers, their selection and quality are as good as it gets.

I was actually not aware of the charming -kinda secret- tea room right above the tea shop, so it was an extremely pleasant surprise to refresh my steaming soul on a hot summer day.

The sweet staff know their stuff: I was all-too-happy to roll with their suggestion of the iced tea specialty of the day: white mulberry, unsweetened. It came in a nice glass, all fancied up with summer berries and a lemon slice at the bottom. And complimentary cookies (how nice of them!). In retrospect I should have made a picture, but my thirst got the best of me. A tea so sweet, so exquisite and so refreshing I actually didn't mind to queue afterwards for a quarter hour at the shop downstairs for 200 grams of the good stuff.

• Visited August 2013
Helsinki, Finland
“I want to go back to Copenhagen just so I can go back to this place!”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I fell in love with this place immediately! You feel calm and relaxed right away once you step in. The staff is nice and welcoming and the place is beautifully decorated. Your tea is served from a pretty pot and you drink it from classic porcelain. Their tea list is super long so it must have something for all tea-lovers. I had ûberdelicious scones with my green jasmin tea and loved every bite. Like I said on the headline I feel like I already want to go back to Copenhagen just so I can go back to this place every day!

• Visited July 2013
Zell am See, Austria
“Go There! It is the place!”
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Do you love tea? Enjoy an old-fashioned but original atmosphere? Like friendly and smiling staff?

The small tea room is one of the main reasons for me to fly to Copenhagen!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Markoff_Chainey
Bangkok
“Sensational Fragrance!”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I love loose leaf tea and would normally look for nice tea shops wherever I go. When I found out about A.C. Perch's Thehandel on tripadvisor prior to my trip to Copenhagen, I went on their website to book a table at Perch's Tea Room but couldn't get one. I then emailed them directly to explain that the only day my husband and I would be able to visit the tea room during my weekend stay was Saturday (it is closed on Sunday). Promptly, I got a reply that there was a cancellation and my name had been put on their reservation system.

When we arrived at the tea shop on the street, there were people outside with numbered queue slips in their hands. Inside the shop, it was very crowded so we only took a peek in there for a few seconds. It was the best smelling place I have ever been to. The fragrance of their teas was sensational.

Anyway, this A.C. Perch's Thehandel shop is for selling teas only. Perch's Tea Room is upstairs. To get there, you walk to the corner of the building and turn left. There is a nondescript door. Go up one floor and you'll see some tea and accessories display. Walk in and there are only a few tables. The whole place is nicely decorated.

We ordered a set of afternoon tea to share. The scones were rough looking and buttery, not similar to the ones I had in several places in the UK, but they were delicious in their own way. They came with lemon curd and whipped cream but we asked for clotted cream and got it too. The variety of teas on the menu was mind-boggling but our waitress was lovely and knew her teas and we had a nice kettle. The little sandwiches, cakes, and macarons were ok.

While we were at the Tea Room, I was able to order some tea blends to take home. Also I bought some of their best selling teas from here. There was no need to wait in the queue outside the shop downstairs. I bought five kinds and so far have tried three. Again, the smell is amazing. High quality stuff!

• Visited April 2013