“Beware of crooked and rude staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Poon Chai

Poon Chai
Ranked #432 of 2,311 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Inner Vesterbro
Description: Reliable, middle-level Thai restaurant near the station - seems popular with business people
Finland
“Beware of crooked and rude staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

Avoid this place like the plague - the nice food is not worth the hassle. We had nice food, paid our bill, chatted a while and then left. Then the waitress and chef ran down the road after us telling us we hadn't paid. They forced us to return and we had to call the police to help us. It took half an hour and camera surveillance footage to convince the very rude Thai owners that we had indeed paid (despite having a receipt and showing the change they had given us). Rather than apologize and offer compensation, the Thai owners shrugged their shoulders and said half of their customers cheat them. If you go here, make sure you have witnesses that will testify you have paid. The staff can turn from smiley people to very nasty people very quickly!

• Visited June 2013
4 Thank FinlandDavid

London
“Fairly decent Thai in Copenhagen”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

This place won't win any awards but it is reasonable enough.

The starters of battered prawns and chicken satay were pleasant but edging on the cheaper ingredient end of the spectrum.

The mains of chicken massaman and prawns in a red curry sauce both contained a variety of vegetables - not what we would normally expect but were a welcome addition. The sauces were thinner than they had been in my experience but the flavours were just about there. The pad thai on the side was good though.

The service was a mixed bag - sometimes good, sometimes not so good. Pretty much sums this place up.

• Visited June 2013
Hørsholm
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

This is the second time I have been to Poon Chai and it didn't disappoint. The service is friendly and the food is tasty. It is also seems to be one of the few restaurants in the area that is open on a Sunday afternoon.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank MLynnK
Vienna, Austria
“Delicious Thai -food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

This restaurant has really lovely and helpful service team. We were so warmly welcome and got a nice table even though we hadn't make a reservation. I ate beef in sweet and sour sauce, served with rice and vegetables and it was so delicious - also the size of dish was more than enough for me and my friend who ate shrimps. And especially for the value, this place really pays off!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank maijjum
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Not bad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

I went to this restaurant with two of my coworkers. After two weeks of Danish food, I wanted something different before going back to the USA. I love Thai food and go to Thailand once a year on business.

This isn't a bad restaurant - I had the tom kha soup - coconut chicken. There was a lot of chicken in it along with mushrooms and cherry tomatoes. It was good - not the very best I have had but good. We had the papaya salad which was very spicy, a green chicken curry and some veggies with shrimp. All was good. The service was very good. The bill was $150 for three people (3 dishes, 2 soups, 1 satay, 1 rolls) and we didn't even drink alchohol. The water took up 30% of the price so be careful about asking for bottled water. It just seems really expensive but the company I work for paid for it...

I would come here again but I would make sure that I impress updon them a little better to turn the heat down.

• Visited January 2013