“The best tea in town”

A. C. Perch's Thehandel
Ranked #14 of 130 Shopping in Copenhagen
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We are in Perchs Tea shop almost every time we are in Copenhagen. This small shop has a very friendly and knowledgeable staff and the tea is of exceptionally good quality. They serve traditional afternoon tea in the tea room as well.

3  Thank JornJensen-McGregor
There are newer reviews for A. C. Perch's Thehandel

Reviewed 27 May 2013

I went on a Monday afternoon to have tea & cake. It is above the tea shop on the first floor, and one could easily miss it. You can smell the aroma of the tea leaves when you walk in.

It was a warm spring day and so I opted for iced tea. They recommended the house ice tea that day which was a white & green tea combination. After a fashion, I decided that I wanted cake as well and had a dark chocolate mousse cake. They use the lovely Royal Copenhagen porcelain which I had been coveting ... but decided that 500 krona for a tea cup is stretching it for someone who is accident prone !

2  Thank Islington-ite
Reviewed 12 May 2013

No other shop is quite like this one. The teas sold in Perch's are of fabulous quality and the service is knowledgable and polite. This is like the (very small) Fortnum&Mason's of Copenhagen.

2  Thank The-Skylark
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Initially walked by the store and it was closed. I'm a tea lover and made a point to return during working hours the next day. The line was out the door, but worth the wait. Exceptionally helpful staff and I had a fun time chatting with the locals. The tea is wonderful and I only wish I'd have brought more back to the U.S. with me!

1  Thank Christina F
Reviewed 23 March 2013

We came across this extraordinary tea shop by chance. A tiny, old fashioned little shop crammed with every imaginable sort of tea, sold loose and weighed out on beautiful brass scales.

The packet into which your tea is decanted then has the type written on it, along with the temperature it should be brewed. At the end of the visit the customer is offered a sweet from a brass canister. My husband opted to wait outside, but the sales assistant noticed and suggested I take a sweet for him too.

The next day, having consulted their website, we made a beeline back, and this time the shop was so busy customers were having to take a number so they knew when it was their turn - no possibility of an orderly queue despite three assistants working calmly, efficiently and cheerfully to keep up with demand.

The excellent website clearly describes all the teas, their tannin content, caffeine content, brewing details, etc. watch for the option for English language translation top right.

Both shop and website are a must for tea lovers.

2  Thank SandSK_13