“Copenhagen Denmark - Aquarium”
Review of Denmark's Aquarium - CLOSED

Denmark's Aquarium
Reviewed 3 June 2013

My family and I recently returned from vacation in Copenhagen, Denmark. During our stay we visited the Copenhagen Denmark - Aquarium (Den Bla Planet). It was awesome! My 6 year old son really enjoyed it. It's basically brand new, very clean, and the assortment of ocean life and sea creatures was great. You'll enjoy everything thing from feeding the fish to being surrounded by sharks and an assortment of exotic fish. Due to a lot of walking and standing around (And in my son's case running around) I recommend wearing comfortable shoes. Don't get me wrong, there are lots of chairs to rest, but, there's so much to see you'll keep moving to keep up with the kids. The location is approximately 5 min by train from CPH airport and 10-min from the City Centre by Metro. Lastly and the best kept secret of it all was the food. We expected a typical meal at a tourist attraction; however, the food was great. I suggest the lasagna or the fish and chips. I would argue the food was better than most of the places we ate at in Copenhagen. If you're traveling by train and expect to visit a lot of attractions, I recommend the Copenhagen card to save cash and to get you out of the lines /queues. Overall, it's absolutely a great family attraction and laid out beautifully. Perfect spot during warm weather!!

Texas T

1  Thank DallasTeeGee

Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

We arrived to our hotel at the airport early so our room wasn't ready, and figured we could make a quick trip to the aquarium to kill time. We actually walked from CPH (about 15 minutes, not scenic, but easy) and were incredibly thankful that we purchased our tickets from the hotel concierge because the line was incredibly long. Tickets weren't cheap, but they weren't extravagant either. The biggest complaint we had is that it was way too crowded... Like, possibly a fire code issue kind of crowded. The building is new, and while visually attractive, I don't think try ever expected crowds of any significant size to visit the aquarium. The exhibits were OK but we might be spoiled by our local aquarium too. Overall: an OK place to kill an hour or two (including the walk) while at the airport in Copenhagen.

1  Thank Mem03m
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Beautiful new building near airport.. And the exhibits were wonderful...Some of them had you walking through a glass tunnel with fish all around you. There's also a lovely terrace for a light lunch.

1  Thank aretha23
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Still wondrous experience at Den Bla Planet (only 15 mins walk from Terminal 3 at Airport-get a map from info desk) despite going when it was at full capacity, due to it only being open just 3 weeks and it being swamped by higher than normal kiddie No's due to Teachers strike. Staff took our backpacks (lockers were full, cafe was full for 1hour initially) and we an enjoyable 4 hours incl. our lunch eventually. Fish and chips (£15ish) seemed best option - served with samphire (novel for us Brits) and lovely help yourself scandy bread loaves and butter in the cnr. Excellent guest wifi and my tablet took excellent jpegs. Enjoyed the Seahorses, hammerheads. Piranhas (they get fed at cert. times) best but range of VERY large and colourful fish from many different seas and the odd other aquatic or non aqautic creature- rock dassies, crocs, Axolotls/African Clawed Frog etc...made it worthwhile. Pricey at £20 entrance fee each for adults plus some sort of £7 ish levy on 40 of credit or foreign credit card transaction means it's not a cheap day out!! There is outdoor and indoor seating if you have your own food with you. Oudoor has an exciting backdrop of wind turbine field and aircraft landing and taking off?!

1  Thank pickytweeter