“If you like aquarium's - go!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Denmark's Aquarium - CLOSED

Denmark's Aquarium
Haverhill
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“If you like aquarium's - go!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Really glad we decided to take 1/2 a day to visit this aquarium as it was absolutely superb. The building is a work of art itself and the interior layout works really well.
Easy to get to and park and gives an insight into all parts of the globe.

Visited August 2013

Nashville, Tennessee
102 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“Crowded, Unable to see the Fish”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

We visited the aquarium on our last day in Demark after a cruise. This was a Saturday. I believe every parent in the country brought their children that day. I am 5'2" and couldn't see much of anything, except for the tall displays which I could view from afar. There are several problems with this aquarium, which make it a deal-breaker for me:
1. The ventilation is poor and the entire facility smelled like dirty diapers.
2. The flow of people was awkward. Some of the rooms had the same entrance and exit and people were trying to go both directions (with their baby carriages & strollers) through a funnel.
3. The café was poorly organized so that one waited in line a LONG time to choose & pay for their food. Then, if they ordered something that had to be prepared, they went to another station to wait for their food. The flow of people going to tables crossed the waiting lines. Also, there were too many tables in the room.
I felt like I wasted my money.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank MusicCityHiker
Dallas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Copenhagen Denmark - Aquarium”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

My family and I recently returned from vacation in Copenhagen, Denmark. During our stay we visited the Copenhagen Denmark - Aquarium (Den Bla Planet). It was awesome! My 6 year old son really enjoyed it. It's basically brand new, very clean, and the assortment of ocean life and sea creatures was great. You'll enjoy everything thing from feeding the fish to being surrounded by sharks and an assortment of exotic fish. Due to a lot of walking and standing around (And in my son's case running around) I recommend wearing comfortable shoes. Don't get me wrong, there are lots of chairs to rest, but, there's so much to see you'll keep moving to keep up with the kids. The location is approximately 5 min by train from CPH airport and 10-min from the City Centre by Metro. Lastly and the best kept secret of it all was the food. We expected a typical meal at a tourist attraction; however, the food was great. I suggest the lasagna or the fish and chips. I would argue the food was better than most of the places we ate at in Copenhagen. If you're traveling by train and expect to visit a lot of attractions, I recommend the Copenhagen card to save cash and to get you out of the lines /queues. Overall, it's absolutely a great family attraction and laid out beautifully. Perfect spot during warm weather!!

Texas T

1 Thank DallasTeeGee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Underwhelmed by the exhibits, overwhelmed by the crowds”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

We arrived to our hotel at the airport early so our room wasn't ready, and figured we could make a quick trip to the aquarium to kill time. We actually walked from CPH (about 15 minutes, not scenic, but easy) and were incredibly thankful that we purchased our tickets from the hotel concierge because the line was incredibly long. Tickets weren't cheap, but they weren't extravagant either. The biggest complaint we had is that it was way too crowded... Like, possibly a fire code issue kind of crowded. The building is new, and while visually attractive, I don't think try ever expected crowds of any significant size to visit the aquarium. The exhibits were OK but we might be spoiled by our local aquarium too. Overall: an OK place to kill an hour or two (including the walk) while at the airport in Copenhagen.

1 Thank Mem03m
New York City, New York
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Brand New and worth the trip out of town...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

Beautiful new building near airport.. And the exhibits were wonderful...Some of them had you walking through a glass tunnel with fish all around you. There's also a lovely terrace for a light lunch.

1 Thank aretha23