“Overcrowded, not enough cloakroom space or toilets ...”
Review of Denmark's Aquarium - CLOSED

Denmark's Aquarium
England
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 228 helpful votes
“Overcrowded, not enough cloakroom space or toilets ...”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I love aquariums and was very much looking forward to visiting The Blue Planet. As many of the TA reviews mentioned how busy it gets, I decided to go early morning during a weekday. There were no queues outside, and the queue inside was quite small so I was hopeful my strategy had worked. Wrong!! Inside it was absolutely heaving, so much so, that you couldn't get close to any of the fish tanks. There's something about the flow of the rooms which doesn't quite work and means that bottlenecks are created. It's also quite expensive, but then everything in Copenhagen seemed expensive to me!

As there were so many people (and pushchairs!) inside, it was incredibly hot so I went looking for the cloakrooms. Unfortunately, there are no supervised cloakrooms, but rather a number of unsupervised rails dotted about. These were completely full so I had to keep my coat with me. Lockers are also available, but these were all taken. There were queues for all the toilets, and the eating area was full to bursting.

On a positive note, from what I could see, there are an impressive range of underwater fish etc although many of the signs are in Danish with no English translation. The building itself is quite impressive and worth a visit if you like architecture.

I'd like to visit it again at some point to see it properly, but would be concerned about the crowds. They really need to start limiting numbers to make the experience more enjoyable for everyone. A supervised cloakroom would work better than a free for all, and they definitely need more toilets.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank BugLet

england, uk
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“clean nice place!!”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I visited Denmark with my siblings and our mother, and we loved it!!! Clean place friendly local people, a must is a visit to see the little mermaid statue on a rock in Copenhagen.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank owentut75
Haverhill
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“If you like aquarium's - go!!”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Really glad we decided to take 1/2 a day to visit this aquarium as it was absolutely superb. The building is a work of art itself and the interior layout works really well.
Easy to get to and park and gives an insight into all parts of the globe.

Visited August 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
102 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“Crowded, Unable to see the Fish”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We visited the aquarium on our last day in Demark after a cruise. This was a Saturday. I believe every parent in the country brought their children that day. I am 5'2" and couldn't see much of anything, except for the tall displays which I could view from afar. There are several problems with this aquarium, which make it a deal-breaker for me:
1. The ventilation is poor and the entire facility smelled like dirty diapers.
2. The flow of people was awkward. Some of the rooms had the same entrance and exit and people were trying to go both directions (with their baby carriages & strollers) through a funnel.
3. The café was poorly organized so that one waited in line a LONG time to choose & pay for their food. Then, if they ordered something that had to be prepared, they went to another station to wait for their food. The flow of people going to tables crossed the waiting lines. Also, there were too many tables in the room.
I felt like I wasted my money.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank MusicCityHiker
Dallas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Copenhagen Denmark - Aquarium”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

My family and I recently returned from vacation in Copenhagen, Denmark. During our stay we visited the Copenhagen Denmark - Aquarium (Den Bla Planet). It was awesome! My 6 year old son really enjoyed it. It's basically brand new, very clean, and the assortment of ocean life and sea creatures was great. You'll enjoy everything thing from feeding the fish to being surrounded by sharks and an assortment of exotic fish. Due to a lot of walking and standing around (And in my son's case running around) I recommend wearing comfortable shoes. Don't get me wrong, there are lots of chairs to rest, but, there's so much to see you'll keep moving to keep up with the kids. The location is approximately 5 min by train from CPH airport and 10-min from the City Centre by Metro. Lastly and the best kept secret of it all was the food. We expected a typical meal at a tourist attraction; however, the food was great. I suggest the lasagna or the fish and chips. I would argue the food was better than most of the places we ate at in Copenhagen. If you're traveling by train and expect to visit a lot of attractions, I recommend the Copenhagen card to save cash and to get you out of the lines /queues. Overall, it's absolutely a great family attraction and laid out beautifully. Perfect spot during warm weather!!

Texas T