“Interesting collection, but left wanting” 4 of 5 bubbles

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
456 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,032 helpful votes
“Interesting collection, but left wanting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

The museum has an interesting collection of contemporary Danish design, as well some pre-20th century pieces. However, one is left feeling that this is but the tip of the iceberg of Danish design. We enjoyed the innovative design found in Illum Bolighus more than we did this museum. Since it was included in our Copenhagen Card, we feel it was still worth a visit,

Visited July 2013

• Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't mistake the Design Centre near Tivoli for this - keep searching, you will find it and it's worth it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

We nearly didn't find this place - we found the Design Centre (just down from Tivoli Gardens) instead mistakenly. Watch out for making this mistake as there is no signage at the Design Centre to tell you that you have the wrong place! Anyway, once you do find this place, you wont be disappointed. It's a really good exhibit (at small cost) of Danish design through time. I am not a design expert but I certainly would it interesting seeing the examples and evolution.

Treviso, Italy
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Not what I expected, but still very nice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

The title says it all really. I expected a larger collection, but I was still very happy about my visit. As a design lover, I appreciated the textiles and the collection of chairs: pretty much everything from the 1950s and later! The temporary danish jewellery collection didn't impress me, but I definetely loved the stable exhibition. In my opinion, it is worth the visit!

Fairlawn, Ohio
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Not bad if you want to see Danish design”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

This was a decent design museum. Along with lots of Danish furniture there were special exhibits on British textiles and Nordic jewelry. We liked looking at the furnishings and in some cases trying to figure out how people sat on them comfortably. The only problem was that there wasn't a lot of English.

1 Thank lemuel1
Warwick, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Been to better museums”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

Glad I went but it is not that large and I suspect many would be a bit let down after paying 75DK .
Cafe is nice with attractive, arty-type chaps working there.