“Much better than I expected!”

Designmuseum Danmark
Ranked #35 of 356 things to do in Copenhagen
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Much better than I expected!”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Very nice museum with much more exhibits than I expected to see!!! I have visited many design museums around the world larger than that and of course much more famous but this particular museum had one of the most interesting collections!

Visited August 2013

• Turkish first
Arlington, Virginia
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Average museum but nice concept”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The concept of a design museum is quite appealing but the museum displays in itself isn't much of a tourist value for someone who is not academically inclined towards design or is not a designer is real life. Some of the displays like that of Arne Jacobsen's designs for the SAS Royal hotel did prove to be interesting but overall it can be a museum that can be skipped.

Visited July 2013
517 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,111 helpful votes
“Interesting collection, but left wanting”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

The museum has an interesting collection of contemporary Danish design, as well some pre-20th century pieces. However, one is left feeling that this is but the tip of the iceberg of Danish design. We enjoyed the innovative design found in Illum Bolighus more than we did this museum. Since it was included in our Copenhagen Card, we feel it was still worth a visit,

Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Don't mistake the Design Centre near Tivoli for this - keep searching, you will find it and it's worth it!”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We nearly didn't find this place - we found the Design Centre (just down from Tivoli Gardens) instead mistakenly. Watch out for making this mistake as there is no signage at the Design Centre to tell you that you have the wrong place! Anyway, once you do find this place, you wont be disappointed. It's a really good exhibit (at small cost) of Danish design through time. I am not a design expert but I certainly would it interesting seeing the examples and evolution.

Visited August 2013
Treviso, Italy
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Not what I expected, but still very nice!”
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

The title says it all really. I expected a larger collection, but I was still very happy about my visit. As a design lover, I appreciated the textiles and the collection of chairs: pretty much everything from the 1950s and later! The temporary danish jewellery collection didn't impress me, but I definetely loved the stable exhibition. In my opinion, it is worth the visit!