Book In Advance

from US$31.00
from US$26.40
from US$30.99
6,049 results
All reviews pusher street hash free town street art the green light district interesting place worth a visit unique experience taking pictures walk around marijuana freetown legal freedom enclave squatters eu
Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

Christiania is best by the lakes where the small, DIY houses line the shoreside. The hash market is what it is - once a bastion for leftist ideals, today the sale of drugs is in the hands of a mob of chavs. All the more reasons for government-regulated Cannabis sale but this is an argument for another day. Check out Månefiskeren ( The Moon Fisher) cafe and Nemoland - where you'll find many live bands playing on summer evenings.

Reviewed 13 December 2016 via mobile

Christiania is a little amsterdam in Copenaghen. It's full of graffiti and there are many drug dealers. You can smoke only there..and it's particular, and it is a must see

Date of experience: January 2016
Reviewed 13 December 2016 via mobile

One of the highlights of my trip to Copenhagen, I was completely overawed by the town of Christiana. We visited at Xmas time and the indoor market, although expensive (hey, this is Denmark!) was wonderful. When we left, the queue to get inside snaked around the block. The sights and smells of Christiania are like nothing I've seen before - you must visit the little antique shop which sold various oddities which would never be on sale in England! I had read that people had felt intimidated and I can see why but if you can look past the graffitied corrugated iron fencing which surrounds the community and be brave enough to venture in, it is a really very interesting place. I'm not so sure I would like to visit at night time though...

Reviewed 13 December 2016

I was perhaps expecting something a little more from this Freetown, having heard about it from friends, and having being warned about visiting at night from our Uber driver the night before.
We visited in the daytime, and there seemed to be little going on. A few children were playing outside, and there's a nice lake to walk around.
It's certainly worth visiting, and if you've not visited very liberal areas, then for some, it may be an eye-opener and very interesting. For me, it was a nice stroll around a liberal area, made nicer with a nice hot chocolate at one of the cafes. I certainly didn't feel uneasy or intimated at any time, however this may be a little dofferent at night, as I'm not sure how well lit the streets are.

Reviewed 13 December 2016 via mobile

Nice area to walk around. Christiania has part of city's historia. Area has developped a lot in recent years and is now fulfulled with trendy small shops, cafees and restaurants.