“not for adults maybe ok for kids”

Hans Christian Andersen Fairy tale House
Copenhagen Card
Ranked #146 of 395 things to do in Copenhagen
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Step into a world of fairy tales. See and listen to Hans Christian Andersen’s many fairy tales in colorful displays with exciting light and sound effects. Experience the entire story of his life – from his childhood to his adult life and his many travels world-wide.
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Ok I know I'm too old for this but like others I went as we were near and it was offered with our Copenhagen Card. My problem is I'm not sure what age group of kids this would actually appeal to. Certainly too difficult for the under 5s and not for the over 10s and maybe not for many of the in-betweens! I did like the introduction about his life but that was it for us, although the very strategically placed envelop in the emperor's hand was amusing!

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"introduction"
"statue"

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Not very busy at all inside which helped create the atmosphere needed to enjoy the fairy tales . These were told by using scenery and audio for some and boards for others.
You will not spend more than an hour inside but the warm feeling stays with you all day

1  Thank simon w
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Ok I'm not a child and it definitely is a place that will attract children. However I was brought upon the stories and so I was expecting more. I probably did the whole exhibit in less than half an hour. I had the Copenhagen Card so it was 'free' and if I had paid I woul have been very unhappy. The picture on this page is not the actual place. You have to go in via Ripleys Believe it or Not (but it is separate to that)

Most of the exhibitions are just models that illustrate one of the stories, perhaps I shouldnt have expected more, but in those circumstances I would have expected the entrance fee to be cheaper (Yes I know it's Copenhagen). The only one I really liked was the Emperors New Clothes.

1  Thank Michael E
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Really enjoyed this exhibition of HC Andersen life and works. The place has been done for children however due to information is still engaging for adults. Enjoyed going round the iconic stories however went in free with the Copenhagen Card.

Had we gone in has a paying customer due to how expensive Copenhagen is don't think I would have liked this as much.

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Inside the Ripley's Believe It or Not building is the Hans Christian Andersent Fairy Tale House. Here, you walk through storyboards that tell about HC's life and stories. Some of the stories are illustrated in 3-D animatronic displays of The Little Mermaid, The Steadfast Tin Soldier, The Little Matchgirl, and the Emperor's New Clothes. Press a button and you can hear each story. Quirky. Made me want to re-read all the stories : )

Pricey to visit so suggest you buy a cOPENhagen card, which will get you free admission here and to so many other sights in and around Copenhagen, as well as free bus, train and metro transport.