“Good stay”

Ranked #48 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
Peebles, United Kingdom
“Good stay”
Reviewed 19 March 2013 via mobile

Clean tidy rooms not far from the airport (10 mins). The walk into the city is apparently about 20 mins but I take the word of the reception for this. Check in was painless and fast, the staff friendly. Breakfast perfectly acceptable, no meatballs unlike the Swedish hotels of the same chain, but were not in Sweden. I was impressed with the gym. A good view with plenty of light. Not the usual converted room token gesture. Plenty of weights along side treadmill, cross trainers and bikes. Spa out on the veranda and a goo but small sauna in each changing room. Recomened.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Camilla G, Front Office Manager at Scandic Sydhavnen, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Dear Skytourist,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to write a review regarding your stay here at Scandic Sydhavnen.
Reviews always helps us to notice things and services that we can improve and become better at.

I am very happy to hear that you found our staff friendly, our breakfast good and was impressed with our gym.

We do hope to be able to welcome you back here at Scandic Sydhavnen again another time

Camilla

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2013

I find this hotel convenient being right next to the Copenhagen ring road (O2) and because there is a car park onsite. However having been disappointed with this hotel before I deliberately chose a better room than before. Sadly, I was just as disappointed. This room was a Superior Extra (532) but lacked any ‘wow factor’. It was nice having a large room, but this room was tired, with dirty furnishings, poorly maintained and not fully ready for occupation.

In a Superior extra there is a kettle, tea and coffee, bath-robe, bath, extra TV channels etc. I also found a fridge with old food in it, a sink with a dripping tap and a microwave. There was also a glass door saying mini-bar which was empty behind it.

I looked for the bath robe, thinking ahead to a nice bath later that evening, but no bath-robe. Housekeeping supplied one. Then come the evening, time for the promised bath - no plug to go in the bath. Again housekeeping supplied one.

I used the toilet. Three out of four seat supports were missing. Getting in the bath and below normal eye-level of the bath-hand-rail I saw how encrusted it was with limescale on the side and underside. Likewise around other bath fittings like the taps, the glass shower door, and the bottles of sundry shampoos etc, all showing a lack of true cleaning.

Wiping a cloth along any of the top edges in the bedroom, like the TV, a picture on the wall etc all brought down grey fluff/dirt. The cupboard tops were no better.

So, not only does it look a tired room with dirty furnishings, it is dirty at anything more than a superficial level.

Downstairs in the bar and restaurant the hotel is great. Good service, good food, good ambience - all the things you would hope for and expect.

The room once again was extremely disappointing. I suggest the hotel needs to review its cleaning programme and organise a deep and thorough cleaning process to restore it to acceptable levels.

I’m now at the Scandic Helsingborg Nord, again in a Superior extra room. It’s much older hotel, much more like the Scandics I remember from my early visits to Scandinavia. It’s also spotlessly clean in my room. No dust, no limescale etc.

Room Tip: Bring your own cleaning materials ;-(
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Camilla G, Front Office Manager at Scandic Sydhavnen, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
Dear TrevMK

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay here with us in February.

I am very sorry to read about your stay here at the hotel, since this is course not our cleaning standard you describes.

Please take the time to write to us at Sydhavnen@scandichotels.com regarding your stay so we will be able to look into this matter and respond to you accordingly.

Camilla

Travellers are raving about these Copenhagen hotels

UK
Reviewed 2 February 2013

I spent a few nights at this hotel and can only say it is a hotel of contrasts. On a positive note it has plenty of parking, the staff are friendly and helpful, is not too far from the local train station, and the standard of the food was very good. Not so great was the 'middle of nowhere' location, the limited choice of the restaurant menu, average bed comfort, the general cleanliness, the tired rooms and bathrooms, and the very basic facilities in the rooms (no tea or coffee facility, no minibar, limited toiletries, etc). Above all else, the prices charged for the rooms and for drinks at the bar were very high and the standard of maintenance, overall cleanliness and decor were poor.
In sum, whilst this was convenient for me as I was attending a conference at the hotel, I can think of no other reason to recommend staying at this hotel.

PS: A thorough deep cleaning of the rooms and bathrooms would be a good start at improving this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front face the road junction / petrol station and are very noisy if you open the window...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank buzzthecat
Dear Buzzthecat

I am very sorry to hear that our cleanliness of the room was not what you expected, but I am happy to hear that we had nice staff and good food.

We do not have minibars in our rooms, instead we have a bar, a restaurant and besides that a SHOP in the lobby which is open 24 hours.

All our superior rooms contains coffe/tea making facilities.

Thank your for your time, we hope that we will be able to welcome you back to Scandic Sydhavnen again another time.

Have a nice day

Hopkinton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 January 2013

I was here for a night on business and arrived with a horrid cold - at least the room was comfortable and the dinner nice! All the staff were super friendly and more than helpful.

The hotel itself is clean and modern with a nice airy feel. It's quiet and well sound proofed and the beds are fit for a good nights sleep.

It is a fair walk out of town but i think the train and bus run frequently from right outside.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Camilla G, Front Office Manager at Scandic Sydhavnen, responded to this review, 17 January 2013
Dear ChapmanDan,

I am very happy to hear that you found our hotel to be clean, comfy, modern and quiet and not least that our staff was friendly and very helpful.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2013

I stayed here for an out of town exhibition and took up their offer of paying for a new room. A bit cheeky as they could see i had stayed in Scandics elsewhere all week!

Despite works going on around the hotel it was quiet, the wifi worked and the bar was good.

Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Dear MetalWarrior,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our stay here at Scandic Sydhavnen.

We have build 110 new rooms mainly superior rooms, the extra price for this per night is 200 DKK and is including extra features such as safebox, coffee/tea making facilities, free pay tv and a voucher for the bar for a free beer, soft drink or glass of wine.

We hope to be able to welcome you back to Scandic Sydhavnen again another time

Juelsminde, Denmark
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I can recommend you to try Scandic Sydhavnen.
This hotel is a really good choice - both for business and pleasure.
Modern, clean, friendly staff, good restaurant, close to downtown (2 stops with the S-bahn). Easy to find, free parking, family rooms etc.
Also other facilities like conference rooms, free gym, outside jacuzzi.
I'm sure you will like it - like I do.
KJ

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank JensenK123
Camilla G, Front Office Manager at Scandic Sydhavnen, responded to this review, 14 January 2013
Dear JensenK123,

First I would like to thank you for having taken the time to write review of your stays here at Scandic Sydhavnen.

We always value our guests review and this also helps us to improve the hotel and the service we provide.

It is nice to hear that you value our cleanliness, friendly staff, good restaurant, close to downtown, Easy to find, free parking, family rooms, conference rooms, free gym and outside jacuzzi.

Especially is it nice to hear that you like the hotel for both business and pleasure.

Thanking you for your time

We are looking forward to see you here at Scandic Sydhavnen again

Aarhus, Denmark
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I've been staying a number of times on the Scandic hotels in the Copenhagen area, but I ussually return to Scandic Sydhavnen as the most convinient and best hotel. Free parking, friendly staff, large rooms and good access to Copenhagen is among the things I value quite high. The noise-isolation in the rooms is decent and I have never noticed any issues.

The restaurant at the hotel is okay and should be, because there's quite a long way to other restaurants in the area. If you are part of the Scandic bonus program you can meet fellow-travelers to free snacks and drinks every tuesday night. I stayed there in December and was even offered free christmas-dinner as part of the bonus program.

If you visit as a tourist you have easy access to both bus and train basically just outside the hotel. As the hotel is quite big, you can always find a taxi waiting.

I have been staying at the hotel a few times with my family and can also recommend their family rooms which are big. Oh - and I do like a hotel which states clearly in their marketing material that "kids are welcome" and have a room with toys in the restaurant :-)

Room Tip: The hotel is quite big and they have rooms in many sizes. I realized that the additional costs to ge...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Dear Thomas Braad P,

Thank you for posting a review regarding your stays at Scandic Sydhavnen.
Our guest reviews is always giving us helpful information to improve our hotel and our service.

I am happy to hear that your value our Free parking, friendly staff, large rooms and good access to Copenhagen and also the fact that we welcome children.
We do our best to make sure that both business guests and families are enjoying their stay here at the hotel

Thank you for your time, we hope to see you here at Scandic Sydhavnen again soon