We selected this hotel for its location, and based on Trip Advisor reviews, and we were not disappointed. We requested a quiet room and were assigned one on the top (6th) floor in the front, with a balcony, that had a spectacular view. Yes, there is construction going on in the main square below, but there are construction sites now all over the city for the metro expansion, so it would be hard to avoid having one nearby any hotel in the city center. There was typical city traffic noise, but not enough to interfere with our sleep. The bed was very comfortable. The room was similar in size to what we had elsewhere in Scandinavia. The only negative was that there was no rack or table on which you could open your suitcase, but there were clothing shelves and sufficient hanging space in a wardrobe, so we unpacked our suitcases and stored them in the wardrobe where they were out of the way for the three nights that we were there. The bathroom was clean with good counter space, and had a tiled walk-in shower. Toiletries and sufficient towels were supplied. There was a water heater pot, but an inconsistent supply of coffee, etc. -- but it didn't matter because I had brought my own instant decaf coffee and creamer packs. We saved money on the rate by not signing up for breakfast, and it was easy to get breakfast at nearby cafes. We were able to walk to all of the sights that we wanted to see. We bought a 3-day Copenhagen Pass that worked for all of the museums and sights, including admission to Tivoli. It also worked on the train for our day trip to Roskilde to see the 12th century Cathedral and the Viking Ship Museum (highly recommended -- walk 1-1/2 blocks to central station for 30 minute train ride departing several times per hour), and for the train to the airport on our last morning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Square Hotel- a cool and trendy oasis in the heart of Copenhagen Hotel The Square is a central located hotel, just in front of the City Hall Square, with all attractions within easy reach and with Copenhagen Central Station just around the corner. The Hotel's minimalist style invites to a warm and quiet atmosphere and the hotel staff is known for friendly and welcoming service around the clock. There are a total of 268 rooms, spread over several room categories in which everyone has; aircoolingsystem, free Internet/WiFi, coffee/the set, minibar and more. There is the option of room service all week 7am-10am and 6pm-22pm. On the sixed floor in the hotel restaurant, overlooking the town, you can enjoy our delicious breakfast buffet. Open weekdays 6:30am-10am and weekends 7am -11:00am. On our sixed floor you will also find our exclusive Executive lounge where you can enjoy a glass of wine or a cup of coffee with snacks if you need to work in our silence and warm atmosphere. You have our lounge included in our price if you book our executive rooms or our junior suties. If these categories are not booked, you can of course always buy access to our lounge for DKK 190,- per person per day. There are 4 meeting- and conference rooms at the hotel which has various application possibilities, depending on the purpose. As a guest of the hotel, you have the opportunity, at cost, to use parking facilities around the hotel. Check-in can be made from 3pm and check-out time 12 noon. If you are in a hurry you can take advantage of our express check-out service. We look forward to welcoming you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Square Copenhagen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Square Copenhagen Hotel Copenhagen
- Square Hotel Copenhagen
- The Square Hotel Copenhagen