We chose The Square hotel for a 3-night city break and enjoyed our time there without any hesitation. First visit to Copenhagen. Overall, the hotel occupies a good location - certainly from our perspective and needs, being very close to the top of Stroget (main shopping area), and reasonably close to canals, palaces, museums and the central rail station. Others may prefer hotels in different locations in the city such as further down in pretty Nyhavn, for example. We flew into the city and used the great train service from the airport to Copenhagen Central rail station(10 mins stroll from hotel). Also handy for a day trip on the train across 'The Bridge' to Malmo, in Sweden and on to pretty Lund. Raadhudspladsen is, as you'd imagine, a busy central point in Copenhagen with major works going on. That said, it is enjoyable and in no way a negative point in our view. It is what it is - lively and a mix of fine architecture and touristy shopping and eating places. We had anticipated that the hotel was not particularly 'pretty' from the outside. Inside, however, it was modern, calm, clean and stylish. The bedroom though small to medium in size was very clean, with a lovely functional bathroom.Though you can enter Stroget within 5 minutes from the hotel, the stroll down to Nyhavn (pretty, touristy canalside) is another 20 minutes. No problem though as the walk is enjoyable, with plenty of distractions in way of shops, squares, cafes, bars and so on. Hotel staff pleasant, efficient and no waiting at check in or out. Hotel wifi worked easily and well. Breakfast buffet (included in our deal) was better than average in our view, with good selection and taken in a light, airy room on sixth floor. There is a view across the city rooftops which is a pleasant change, though in our experience this does not compare with similar arrangements in cities such as Rome. Understandably, buffet gets busy between 0900-1000.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Square Hotel- a cool and trendy oasis in the heart of Copenhagen Hotel The Square is a central located hotel, just in front of the City Hall Square, with all attractions within easy reach and with Copenhagen Central Station just around the corner. The Hotel's minimalist style invites to a warm and quiet atmosphere and the hotel staff is known for friendly and welcoming service around the clock. There are a total of 268 rooms, spread over several room categories in which everyone has; aircoolingsystem, free Internet/WiFi, coffee/the set, minibar and more. There is the option of room service all week 7am-10am and 6pm-22pm. On the sixed floor in the hotel restaurant, overlooking the town, you can enjoy our delicious breakfast buffet. Open weekdays 7am-10am and weekends 7am -10:30am. There are 4 meeting- and conference rooms at the hotel which has various application possibilities, depending on the purpose. As a guest of the hotel, you have the opportunity, at cost, to use parking facilities around the hotel. Check-in can be made from 3pm and check-out time 12 noon. If you are in a hurry you can take advantage of our express check-out service. We look forward to welcoming you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotelopia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your The Square Copenhagen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Square Copenhagen Hotel Copenhagen
- Square Hotel Copenhagen
- The Square Hotel Copenhagen