“Pretty good, not amazing.”
Review of Skt. Petri

Skt. Petri
Ranked #29 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
North Carolina
“Pretty good, not amazing.”
Reviewed 2 July 2011

As far as GHA hotels go, this is no Kempinski experience. CRT tv's... Really? Anyway, pretty good hotel and room. Wish breakfast was included, but the location is good. While you're here, do two things:
1) try a burger from nearby TIGHT (400m away)
2) work it off at the amazing gym the hotel gives you free access to (nice sauna in lockerroom too)

• Stayed July 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm
Reviewed 28 June 2011

We booked a special deal for 2 nights. At arrival we were offered upgrade to a larger room with balcony for a small fee. We went to check the room, figured out it did not have a balcony, went back to the front desk and were told that balcony would cost even more and that the fee for the larger room was double what was stated initially. So we settled for the original room...

Room was small but OK, bathroom however not entirely clean and a bit smelly. Television did not work, so we contacted front desk. However this was not fixed during the entire stay.

Breakfast was great, however not included in the price as we had been informed at check-in. A pricey surprise.

For the price we payed, it was still OK value for money, but I would not recommend Skt Petri at their regular prices., Service is simply not up to standards for a first class hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jonas P
PeterMygind, Manager at Skt. Petri, responded to this review, 4 July 2011
Dear Jonas P,

Thank you for your review and for informing us about your stay at the hotel.

I am sorry to hear about your experience with the upgrade, and I understand that you found the situation confusing. Upgrades are a service to our guests who would like e.g. a balcony or a larger room for a small fee. But in this case, our service failed and for that I am sorry. I will make sure that the Front Office Manager will go through the procedures with the reception staff.

Breakfast is never included at First Hotel Skt. Petri unless you purchase it while making your reservation or have a special corporate rate. Therefore it must have been a mistake or a misunderstanding if you were told that breakfast was included. That is not your fault and as you have asked for that information, the fault is our´s.

Despite the facts that the hotel in some cases did not performed as expected, I sincerenly hope that you had some great days at the hotel and in Copenhagen, and we look forward to welcoming you back at First Hotel Skt. Petri anytime.

Best regards

Peter Mygind
Customer Relations Manager
Helsinki
Reviewed 26 June 2011

I have been spending several nights at First Hotel Skt Petri during the past couple of years - mostly on business travel. Given the fact that I have always returned to this hotel tells the fact that it does have a lot to offer. My most recent stay at Skt Petri was for one night at the beginning of April.

First, I really like the overall atmosphere present at Skt Petri. There is a very dynamic, positive buzz at this hotel created and enabled by the musical atmosphere, attention to design details (with some restrictions explained below), and look-and-feel of the hotel facilities. I have always received excellent, attentive service at this hotel and felt very welcome as a guest. Also, as many reviews here already suggest the location of the hotel is superior - the shops, boutiques, bars, and restaurants of the "Old Town" are within a walking distance. The breakfast at the hotel is also worth mentioning - it is substantial, made of fresh, local ingredients, and served in a nice, light Nordic environment.

After saying the above, it is also extremely clear that this hotel must improve and step up in a number of visible areas. First, even though the hotel has paid a lot of attention to some design details, this does not apply well to some of the furniture at the hotel bar, as they are either very worn out or outright broken. The same can be seen and experienced in some of the rooms where I have succeeded in having a swinging chair at the desk twice.

Second, I really expect to have a very clean bathroom with fresh odor at this type of design hotel (or at any hotel). This has not always been a standard feature at Skt Petri. During my past two stays, there was mold in the showers. In addition, there is no shower curtain in the bath, so taking a shower means that the entire bathroom becomes a small lake. I was told by a receptionist last time that the shower curtain issue will be fixed, so I do hope to see that go away - as I certainly hope will happen for the sewage odor that seems to be persistently present in some of the bathrooms.

Third - maybe the smallest thing of all - but it does feel a bit funny that a design hotel like Skt Petri has old-fashioned, glumsy tube TVs in its rooms even though retro design seems to be in fashion...

To summarize, I do like and appreciate the atmosphere, service, sleep quality (as long as you do not take a room just above the hotel bar), and the quality of food and drinks at Skt Petri. I do expect them to make this a true 5-star design hotel again and provide more value for money by improving some very obvious, visible things: cleanliness of bathrooms, proper functioning of air conditioning, and proper condition of some of the furniture. In fact, I would be highly surprised if they do not start more broadly renovating some of the hotel rooms within the next few months, as they are truly worn out.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank MarkoSHelsinki
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 19 June 2011

I stayed here for one night and enjoyed my stay. The room was spacious, clean, quiet and nicely designed. The location is on a quiet street so you will have little noise from cars. The breakfast was very satisfying but the breakfast area was quite busy. They have a deal with a local health club so you can work out there for free. There is also free WiFi in the rooms.

I will be back.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Ganløse
Reviewed 17 June 2011

After checking in I went to my room to find that it had been double booked. As I entered the room, one of my colleagues was already in there ... quite a strange experience in a five star hotel, but good thing at least that it was a person I knew!

The next room I got was facing the main conference room - when I drew the curtains I was looking right down at a ballroom. This meant that there wasn't a lot of light coming into my room - and the windows weren't sound proof, so after going to bed at 11pm I had to contact reception to have them turn down the volume in the conference room. Other than that the room was the type which can be turned into a breakout room, so the bed wasn't optimal.

Televisions are still old tube type (from before the flat screen era) and the bathroom was not up to standard (eg. no separation wall to prevent the floor from getting flooded when showering).

When I left the room, I was silly enough to forget my toiletries in the bathroom. When I later realised this and asked in the reception, they were unable to locate it even though it had been registered in their system that a toilet bag had been found in room 301. They promised to call me when the bag had been located ... I'm still waiting.

Staff was quite service minded and food was good at Hotel Skt Petri, but this didn't make up for the impression that this hotel is currently far from five star standard. First Hotel is obviously milking this hotel without putting the necessary investments into maintaining it. Pitty for the staff who are trying their best, but shameful for the executives at First Hotel.

Room Tip: Don't accept room 301 or 303.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Bundgard
PeterMygind, Manager at Skt. Petri, responded to this review, 28 June 2011
Dear Bundgard,

Thank you for your review and your feedback, it is much appreciated that you let us know about your stay at the hotel, so we can improve our services and make sure that we perform at expected.

First of all I am very pleased to hear that you found our staff serviceminded and helpful, as the professional and personal service is one of the things the hotel is famous for and something we train the staff to improve all the time.

I am sorry to hear that you did not find your room pleasant. Please feel free to contact me and I will make sure to update your profile with a request of not staying in this room again. My contact details can be found on www.firsthotels.dk/sktpetri.

The hotel is undergoing a maintenance process and we are therefore proud to say that the standard of our rooms are being improved.

We look forward to welcome you back at First Hotel Skt. Petri

Best regards

Peter Mygind
Customer Relations Manager
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2011

Save for the location, First Hotel Skt Petri is pretty average. The rooms are pretty mediocre. The best/artsy looking part of the hotel is probably the lobby/reception.

It sells itself as a leading design hotel but the rooms were far from 'designer'.

Not much plus points other than the location which is convenient. I went to Copenhagen with a group of friends on a stag/bucks trip so we were not fussy and had a great time. The hotel is near a number of popular clubs and restaurants.

Value wise, the rooms do not justify the price tag. It is not a bad hotel but given the impressive website and self claim as the leading design hotel in Copenhagen, it was a little disappointing.

Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank kerwei
Draguignan, France
Reviewed 14 June 2011

modern hotel, all facilities, excellent location 3 mins walk from pedestrian area. valet parking which worked fine. Large room, clean, calm - despite the fact that there is a loud night club at the hotel. No shower curtain though, which caused minor flooding, totally unnecessary. huge double bed, but with uncomfortable "gap". Efficient front desk, despite a number of guests no waiting time to complain about.
Free wireless internet, worked fine with iPad, once logged in, no need to relogg. comfy!
the hotel is surrounded by churches, German church St. Petri being the closest. Lots of church bell ring very loud on Sunday morning.

Room Tip: ask for a room as high up as possible
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business