“Average in every way!”

Ranked #30 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
Göteborg
“Average in every way!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I had quite high expectations for my stay here and unfortunately it didn’t meet them in anyway, now here’s the thing, nothing is bad! But at the same time nothing is wow or special which I have come to expect in 5 star hotels.

The rooms are clean and spacious but rather dull and the same goes pretty much for the whole hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful but I can’t say we had much interaction as we spent little time in the hotel.

No real idea how it became a 5 star, but ok business hotel/no frills if you get a cheap deal

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Wes P
Michael A, Gæsteansvarlig at Skt. Petri, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Greetings,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing SKT. PETRI during your visit to Copenhagen.

I am sorry we did not live up to your expectations but I am glad to hear that you where happy with the service of our wonderful staff, the cleanliness and spacious rooms.

Hope to welcome you back another time.

Kind regards,

Michael Andersen
Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Winchester Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

Well, I absolutely share the views of others in just how this place managed to get 5 Stars. I stay in a lot of hotels and this place is nowhere near 5 stars. There are so many reasons why this place is either 4 stars or less it would take me for ever to list but here is a sample. Diffident check in staff, no attempt to help us with luggage, Novatel breakfast, rooms are not that special [comfy beds though] bathroom looked a bit tired in our case [404].
On the plus side the bar is excellent and so is the café by the entrance. Its central location is also a great bonus but for me I will be staying elsewhere on my next visit. The building is a converted department store and it looks like it. The owner goes on a lot about being environmentally sensitive but in my view he is using the environmental bandwagon to justify providing a decidedly quirky hotel with dodgy facilities and average service. I think it is probably cynical manipulation of people who might be really concerned about the environment.
As a final swipe, the barn like areas which contains the reception and dining area is acoustically very noisy and when we arrived, there was a party going on which was incredibly noisy and could be heard throughout the hotel.
My advice is to stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rumpole70
Dear Guest,

Please accept my apologies for the disappointments that you experienced during your stay with us. It was never our intention to cause that much disruption upon arrival. We do from time to time host fashion and charity events etc. in the lobby.

We are expecting to start a bigger renovation later this year, so I truly hope we will be able to present a new, modern and even more environmental SKT. PETRI, next time you are in Copenhagen.

We do strive to be a green Hotel and are certified by The Green Key.

Yours sincerely,

Michael Andersen
Guest Relations Manager
Moscow, Russia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Well, spent there 2 nights (14 and 15/03) all payed by an agency but then charged of 1300€ two days after checkout on my credit card; wrote to the hotel sever emails, result 0 answers and still 1300€ debit on my card! When calling the answer is always "we will take care of it sir!" But then nothing! Is this a 5 stars hotel or what?

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank Dabbi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

A good stay in a solid but no frills hotel. The balcony in the room was a really nice touch, with good views form the top floor. The design is fairly minimalist but the breakfast, location and staff were all good. Recommended.

Room Tip: Higher room with a balcony had good views and is recommended.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank sparkyb_uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Just spent one night here on business and quite liked the place. Had a decent room which was warm clean and comfortable - only arrived to check in at midnight and staff were very friendly and polite. Breakfast was very satisfying and I also had a late afternoon meal in the adjacent cafe which I thought was great. Company paid so can't really comment on value for money but I would stay there again if in Copenhagen.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank AfricaToWorcester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

I'm staying now for 3 nights in this hotel. And booked this hotel because I was looking for 5* hotel. I spend 20 days a moth in hotels and I've been in many hotels in Europe. Usually I book very good hotels and I have enough experience to tell difference between 4* and 5*.

This is not 5* by far. It is bit upgraded standard Scandinavian hotel. There are no so called "Design" things they advertise themselves with. Or I'm blind to scandinavian "design".

Biggest problem is that I've booked superior room but got the smallest room on the floor - 417 - it is easy to check this in fire evacuation plan.

It has nothing real 5* hotel should have. Ok it has poor minibar of overpriced drinks. But what else?

Breakfast is very simple, same you will get in Scandic for the half of price. Food and service should be exceptional in 5 star hotel. Waiters are only taking dished off the tables, but not serving people.

Restaurant is around the same price level as in the center of Copenhagen. But they don't have
tablecloths and tables are not prepared for guests. Menu is ultra simple. And food is average for this kind of restaurant. Prices are 30-40 euro for main course. Waitresses are young and not very experienced. They try to be very engaging but talk more than do. You can see them running around but you have to wait for 10 min at least to get some attention. Either there are not enough of them, or they don't work efficiently.

Rooms are simple and scandinavian style. They don't have carpets inside - it is so annoying and not cozy. However rooms are not weary and there is no mold in bathroom.

Showers don't have any curtains. That's unbelievable - after taking shower whole bathroom is wet and you can't do anything else before it dries.

There is no real closet. only some sort of open rack.

They have only one advantage - location. Location is perfect.

My final tip - if you are looking for something special and you are use to real luxury of real 5 star hotel - this is not hotel for you.

But if you want to pay extra (I mean double) for very good location and get decent scandinavian hotel. Then it is ok.

Generally speaking It's rip off - you'd better look for decent hotels in Vesterbo, you will get same for much better price.

Maybe I'm spoiled by extremely good luxurious hotels from Budapest to Singapore. Or I just don't want to participate in this scandinavian or should i say spartan self-deception by calling casual and primitive things luxury.

Room Tip: Ask for a better room. Don't go to 417 if you booked superior room.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

I've just spent one night here. It is in a very good location to visit everything by foot. The staff are very friendly and helpful. As it was a flying visit I didn't use any of the facilities so I can't comment apart from breakfast which was ok.
The negative sides I found were that they use very soft pillows only, that's great if you prefer them but if you prefer a firm pillow you don't have the option, I rang reception to ask but they said they don't have any. Not good enough for a 5 star hotel.
There are also no tea & coffee making facilities in the room, little comforts that go along way and should always be made available in a 5star hotel. If I was going back for a longer period, it's not a hotel I would choose.

Room Tip: Don't accept room 427, it has a pillar through the middle of the room
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Louise S, Manager at Skt. Petri, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Greetings from Copenhagen and thank you for choosing to stay at Skt Petri while visiting Copenhagen.
Your feedback and friendly comments about our staff is highly appreciated.

I regret to learn that that we were not able to provide you with a pillow of your satisfaction. I will make sure that an alternative pillow options is made available.

Tea and coffee is available from Room Service 24 hours, but we will consider to have in room tea and coffee facilities as an add on in the room.

I hope to welcome you back to Skt. Petri another time.

Kind regards,