“Whoever rated this a 5 star hotel is totally delusional” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Skt. Petri

Skt. Petri
Ranked #30 of 114 Hotels in Copenhagen
Cotswolds
“Whoever rated this a 5 star hotel is totally delusional”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I feel like I did lots of research before choosing a hotel in Copenhagen a city I did not know well. I checked out today, and while I rarely write negative reviews, I feel it is my duty to spare your readers the experience I had with my husband and daughter during our two night stay.

The first night we were given a room on the second floor, even though at the time of booking over the telephone I had asked for a room on the top floor overlooking the back courtyard. A friend had tipped me off to request this. When we arrived, there was of course no record of this in the reservation and annoyingly much was made of this fact by the person checking us in. The room we were given was a corner room that gave on to two noisy streets where all the bar hopping madness goes on in Copenhagen. We did not sleep a wink and this was with the windows shut. To make matters worse, the air conditioning was not working. The next morning we requested another room and were told that the best they could do was to move us up one floor, as though that would make a difference? The hotel manager showed me our new option, and while I was tempted to pack up and go searching for a better option in Copenhagen, our time was limited and we decided to hang tough. Hang tough we did. The next night was the same noisy sleepless experience only this time punctuated by loud snarling and screeching garbage trucks in the early AM. I sincerely felt that the manager could have done a lot more to give us a better room farther from the late night street action. She did try to throw us a bone by offering us three free drink vouchers. UUgh! What we wanted was a clean and quiet room.

Add to this the fact that the floors in all the rooms, and especially the bathrooms, are stained with dirt marks, one felt as though we were spending the night in the toilets of a bad night club. I had to put my shoes on to go to the loo so worried was I to step on those filthy looking floors.

This hotel claims it is the only 5 star hotel in the old historic district of Copenhagen. We checked out with a 1000 Pound bill ( this was for room and breakfast for just two night sand no extras!) and I felt as though we had been totally conned.

The decor is on par with any budget hotel chain in Europe. Cheap materials and no soul whatsoever. I have had the fortune to stay in both budget Novotels and 5 star hotels all over the world and never before have I felt so totally duped.

The only positives were the breakfast buffet and the comfort of the beds, but given that one can't sleep with all the noise, little did the good mattress matter!

Avoid this overpriced hotel of hell. I left feeling very depressed and that we had needlessly wasted lots of money.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank cirlin2004
Louise S, General Manager at Skt. Petri, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Greeting and thank you for your comments. It is feedback like yours that help us improve our service, so it’s highly appreciated.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced, while staying with us.
Allocations of rooms are on request and we always do our outmost to fulfil all requests. Unfortunately we were not able to in your case.
Please let me assure you that your comments are looked at very serious and have been addressed with the Reservation and Front Office in order to improve our services here at SKT. PETRI.

If a room does not meet the expectations, we always strive to offer another room. The weekend you stayed with us we were fully booked and regrettably unable to allocate you to a quirt room at the back of the hotel.

SKT. PETRI is designed by Per Arnoldi among other famous Scandinavian designers, so I am sad to hear that your did not like the décor.

The issues you address with the floors, has been addressed to the Housekeeping Manager and we are right now looking at the cleaning procedure for floors, as what you describe is not up to standard.

We recently made some changes to our breakfast, so I am very pleased that you liked it. The beds are from Jensen and yes they are wonderful to sleep in.

Once aging please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience caused to your family.

Kind Regards
Louise
Interim General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Succasunna, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

I am amazed at some of the positive comments about this hotel. I can't imagine that they stayed in the same place! The only good things going for it are the very nice staff and the central location. Otherwise, this hotel was terrible! We just returned from a wonderful tour of the Baltic area which ended in Copenhagen at the Skt. Petri Hotel. If it was not part of the tour, we would have changed hotels. The halls and rooms are very dark - very poor lighting; the wooden floor in the room was terribly scratched and imbedded with dirt; the bathroom tile floor was stained and dirty; the "mattress" was just a topper that was also dirty. The food in the hotel restaurant was not appetizing (bones in fish, unpleasant sauces) and offered very little selections. All the members of our tour were very unhappy.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Patricia Y
Louise S, General Manager at Skt. Petri, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Ms. Patricia,

Thank you for taking the time to bring your comments to our attention, we always appreciate feedback.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the disappointments that you experienced during your stay with us. It was never our intention to cause that much disruption to your stay.

I regret to learn that the standard of the hotel did not meet your expectations and very surprised to hear that all members of your group were unhappy, as we have not had any other complaints.

We constantly strive to develop as a destination hotel with our service, so I am very glad to hear that our staff lived up to this.

On the menu in The Restaurant we have a carefully selected menu, representing the Nordic Kitchen. The fish we are currently serving is a whole fish. I am very sorry if the waiter did not inform you about this – because the kitchen would have been more than happy to remove the bones before serving it.

We are right now planning a larger renovation of the hotel and we hope to present a new and more modern SKT. PETRI very soon.

Yours sincerely,

Louise Snedker
Hotel Manager
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Amazing location, really in the center, walk to the shopping street, and to Tivoli. Right in the middle of the lively student area. A great "cheap" (in danish standards) restaurant in the same street of the hotel with great 50% deals on lunch/dinner on some days. The rooms are nice and confortable. Beds linen is amazing, you sleep really well. very cute balcony. I did not pay for the hotel since i was there for a meeting and my stay was covered by the meeting, otherwise i would not stay here. Too expensive. The hotel general feel is : classy. Everything is easy. Breakfast was included in my price. Not that great. I expected better for this kind of hotels. But I had disappointments in general with the Food in Copenhagen. Ok, nice hotel, but no 5 stars luxury or frills.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kas_Bxl
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

The hotel is located in one of the best locales of Copenhagen. Just off the walking street and the shopping areas, it is close to most of the cities attractions including Tivoli. The canal boats are just a stones throw away. Has some fantastic bars and cafés around as well.
The suites are spacious and very well appointed. I found a touch of Indian hospitality in the service levels.

Room Tip: Choose the Suites. They are specious and well appointed.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Malmö, Sverige
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Nice location and room with large balcony, the staff tries to do the little extra like opening the front entrance door, give you relevant info on what to do, excellent service in both breakfast and restaurant!
The room up I got with a balcony was perfect and next to the lobby there is an great outdoor sun lounge with large sun beds or just areas to take a beer with friends!

:-)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed here for four nights. Difficult to fault really - stylish Danish design, nice room, very comfy bed. Very centrally located, easy walking distance to all the main attractions of central Copenhagen. Full marks to the staff - helpful, friendly and efficient. Swift check in and out. Excellent breakfast. Took me a long time to work out how the shower operated !

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank comrade98
lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

My friend and I stayed here for a long weekend. Our room was on the first floor (148). It was next to the cocktail bar. We could not hear any noise from there but the noise from the street kept us awake. Next morning we asked to be moved. They said it was no problem and moved us to the 5th floor. There were no bathrobes in the robe, we informed reception and they were bought up within five minutes. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. Breakfast was expensive and very good. No one in the hotel could be faulted. They were all so helpful and pleasant. Will definitely stay there again. Location was very central to everywhere. Near metro stop from airport.

Room Tip: First and probably second floor street side noisy.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank grubs
Louise S, General Manager at Skt. Petri, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Greetings from SKT. PETRI and Copenhagen.
Thank you for very nice comments about our property and service.
We constantly strive to develop as a destination hotel with our service and our product so I am grateful to hear about your experience.
I truly hope to welcome you back in the very near future here at SKT. PETRI.

Yours Sincerely,