“First room bad, second very nice. Great Location”
Review of Skt. Petri

Skt. Petri
Ranked #29 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
Washington Dc, District Of Columbia
“First room bad, second very nice. Great Location”
Reviewed 7 June 2010

I stay here for four nights for a business trip. I had room 307 the first night, and it was a really bad room for a 5 star hotel. Bad bed, wifi didn't work, A/C was noisy, bathroom lights were not working and the view was hideous...of a conference room across the hall.
After complaining they put me in room 406. MUCH BETTER. great bed, nice wood floors, the wifi was perfect. Best of all...I had an amazing balcony that the sun hit every morning. So I was happy with the service after that.
I must say, for a five star hotel, they have some old school televisions...I stayed in a 2 star hotel recently that had beautiful flat screens.
The LOCATION is fantastic. Five minute walk from Norreport metro and train station. Easy to walk anywhere of importance in the city. Due to unforeseen laziness one night, I order room service and had a nice meal.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Montpellier, France
Reviewed 15 May 2010

Pictures and comments on the web site of the hotel were very promising. Unfortunately, reality was very different. Room (medium) was quite small and not reaching the 29sqm they claim on the web site, cleaningness was absent, in the hallways dust was very visible during the 3 days of our stay. Breakfast was also average with no "a la minute" cooking for eggs or pancakes. So the overall experience was not at all matching our expectations and we would not go there again. The only positive aspect is the location of the hotel right in the middle of the oldtwon

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Polo67FR
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 9 May 2010

My husband and I wanted to get spoiled. We wanted to go out for dinner at a nice restaurant and stay at a nice hotel.

We chose to check in at Hotel Skt Petri in the center of Copenhagen. At check in we were met by the very professional and serviceminded staff. We felt very welcome and was introduced to the hotel in a nicely way.

The suite was beautiful! Nice furnitures and decorations and with two balconies we had the best view of Copenhagen one can imagine!

After a nice dinner at one of the new and nice restaurants in town, we enjoyed the lounge music and a nice drink in the Bar Rouge at the hotel.

So get spoiled at the best hotel in Copenhagen and have a stay at Hotel Skt Petri.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 4 May 2010

I can't fault the basics of the hotel - it's in a good location near Norreport train station (20 minutes from the airport) and the rooms are nicely-enough furnished, although not 5-star quality.

The service was very helpful and although I didn't eat at the hotel, a couple of guests we chatted to recommended the restaurant - we ate at the neighbouring cafe which served tasty food at prices that were relatively cheap for Copenhagen.

Overall, a good hotel, particularly if you were on business. BUT, be aware that on some nights the lobby becomes the setting for noisy parties, with bass from large speakers thumping through the ceiling for rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floors. This didn't affect us as we were out on the Saturday night anyway, but if I had been travelling with a young family or had to be up early the next morning this would have been a major problem.

Don't let this put you off the hotel, which is very good, but I would recommend that you check the dates first if you are looking for peace and quiet!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
Dear LondonWorldResident,

First I would like to thank you for you review of our hotel - I appreciate all kinds of feedback, and this is used as input to staff training in order to achieve the very best service level for our hotel.
In particular I am very fond of your comments about parties at our hotel - we are a venue which receives many requests for launches and events, and we will definately be more critical to theese requests for the future, in order to secure the highest guest experience.

I look forward to welcome you back at First Hotel Skt. Petri

Many regards
Hayden, Idaho
Reviewed 29 March 2010

My husband and I spent seven glorious nights at the Hotel Skt Petri in March. The location is wonderful, the amenities top notch, the staff very helpful and accommodating, and the room large by European standards. We booked the hotel through hotels.com and got a great rate. If we ever have the pleasure of visiting Copenhagen again, we will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear ParisParisParis guest,

I would like to thank you for your very nice feedback on your stay in our property.

I look forward to welcome you back at First Hotel Skt. Petri

Many regards

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 27 March 2010

this is a wonderful hotel in copenhagen-the best I say. great service with no attitude at all, very relaxed, a great bar with excellent dj´s on the weekends and an unbeatable ambiente. the breakfast room is stunning and the breakfast is just excellent. get a room with a view and with a balcony.

Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
Dear Soulexplosion guest,

I would like to thank you for you very nice feedback on your stay in our property.

I look forward welcoming you back at First Hotel Skt. Petri

London, UK
Reviewed 15 March 2010

This was my second vist to this hotel in two months - have spent 3 nights there altogether during the two stays.
The staff are fabulous, extremely helpful and professional. I have read what others have said about the staff, but I don't agree - then again, I have not really had a problem as such.
On this occassion I was given room 527 as I checked in early - all they had available and I needed a room quickly as I had somewhere to go and needed to leave my things.
Terrible room and as someone has written earlier, there was no shower screen, so after a shower, there was water everywhere. Other small things were wrong, but none that would have ruined my stay.
I commented on this to the thotel and when I returned from what I had come to do, I was duly moved to another room (514, which faces the street and with fabulous views) without any problem whatsoever. My last stay was in February (2010) and I was in 720 with my partner - SUPER room with even better views.
The beds in Skt Petri are superior - I stay in hotels every week, and these are something else - SO comfortable AND you get real duvets.
I would agree that the wardrobes and TVs in this former department store need to be changed, but otherwise there really isn't anything to complain about. I certain shall return in the future - you're right in the heart of Copenhagen and it takes only minutes to walk to the Metro and train station.
On the noise 'situation' - ask to stay high up and towards the street, then you avoid this.
Super REN products in the bathroom and recycled toilet paper.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business