Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$129
eDreamsUS$129
Agoda.comUS$129
Trip.comUS$158
Hotels.com
1,301 results
All reviews forum metro station city centre wine hour minute walk nice hotel excellent breakfast copenhagen bike
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 September 2016

My family of four (2 adults, 2 teens) stayed here last month. The room we were given was at the front of the hotel and on a very loud, busy street. I wish I'd read the other reviews more carefully in advance and asked for a room in the back. The weather was hot when we were there, and the room wasn't air conditioned, so we were forced to keep the windows open and deal with the noise all night (which included lots of cars as well as a few groups of young people singing and reveling in the wee hours.
Other than the noise, though, the hotel was great for our needs. It was the first place we stayed after a very long day of travelling from the States, and the front desk staff were very lovely and made us feel right at home and answered all of our questions clearly and with a smile. The elevator is tiny, so we required a couple trips up for all of our luggage, but that wasn't a big deal to me. The hotel also has a lovely wide open staircase which we used frequently even though we were on the 3rd floor.
I saw that someone else commented on the high price of the bike rentals, but for us, the on-site bike rental option was terrific. We took the bikes for a whole day, not returning them until after 10:00 pm. It was really nice not to have to worry about rushing back to a bike rental shop before it closed, and also very nice to be able ride the bikes to and from the hotel without any additional walking to/from a rental shop.

Room tip: Ask for a room away from the front (i.e. not facing the street). The street is busy and noisy.
3  Thank Allison S
Reviewed 2 September 2016

I booked a superior room at this hotel in October 2015 based on the Tripadvisor rating and reviews. Having looked at the room tips I contacted the hotel to ask for a quiet room at the rear that had been updated (apparently some rooms are more recently refurbished than others). As my trip approached I had a look at the more recent reviews and was worried when I saw quite a few average/negative reviews popping up. Nonetheless I decided to keep my booking as by this point there weren’t many other options available in my price range.

The hotel is close to the metro and easy to find. It is located on a very busy road so I can see why rooms at the front would be noisy. The reception area is lovely and modern and check in was smooth. Our room wasn’t ready so we put out luggage in the storage room and went out for the afternoon. It was a little frustrating when we returned later in the day to be asked to fill out forms and pay for the stay all over again but this was soon resolved.

Our room was on the 3rd floor and the lift is VERY small and slow. Not ideal if you forget something when going out! The room was at the back as requested however this was the only plus point. And maybe the size (although other rooms we caught a glimpse of were far larger). Things just went downhill from here. The bathroom was extremely dated. The toilet was unacceptably dirty and didn’t flush properly. The bath was also dirty and very old. The shower didn’t stay at temperature and never got hot enough. We weren’t provided with any soap or a bathmat and had to request these. The legs on the desk were wobbly and unstable. The sofa looked like a health hazard and should never have been left in the room with the amount of stains it had. It wouldn’t have been acceptable in a hostel let alone a hotel claiming to be 3 star. The mattress on the bed was so worn out and hideously uncomfortable. We asked for a fan as there is no AC and it was warm. The fan provided was covered in the thickest layer of dust I have ever seen (and this is saying something given my house is undergoing renovation and is constantly dusty!).

Thankfully the breakfast did go some way to making up for the disappointment felt with the room. There was a large selection of fresh, organic food to cater for all tastes. The juices and coffees were lovely too. The one downside was that there didn’t seem to be enough staff. When we arrived at breakfast on the first morning there weren’t any available tables, with lots having been vacated but not cleared of used plates and food. We had to try and flag someone down and get them to clear a table for us. We then had to go and find someone to ask for coffee. When it didn’t come the first time we had to go ask again, with no one coming to our table. It was much the same on the second day.

When the staff were available everyone was lovely and very helpful. There were just major issues with staff shortages, particularly on the Sunday. We asked to speak to a manager to discuss the unacceptable room and were told no one was available until the following day. During the wine hour on Sunday there was one member of staff covering both the bar and reception. We had to wait over 10 minutes just to get our key (yes they make you leave your key at reception…it's like going back in time!). When we came to check out on the Monday there were still no managers available for us to speak to so we asked the receptionist to pass on our complaints. We later received an email from the manager offering a partial refund of the room rate. Although this was appreciated it still did not bring the cost of the room down to what it was worth.

One final point - the hotel offers bike rental. We enquired about this and it is 150DK per day. Given the city bikes are 35DK per hour and there are bike rental shops all over the city offering daily hire for 75DK I would encourage people not to use the hotel's very overpriced offering.

I wouldn’t stay here again nor would I recommend to others. If you happen to have already booked on a non-refundable rate, lower your expectations, don’t spend much time in the room and take advantage of the wine hour and breakfast to make up for the shortcomings.

Room tip: Rooms at the back are quieter
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank KEW135
Reviewed 30 August 2016

The hotel is located close to Forum metro, a grocery store, and a number of small restaurants. Staff were pleasant and hotel facilities were comfortable and clean. Breakfast was lovely, and included a good variety of breads, deli meats, cheeses, cereals, yogurt, and fruits. Lattes were included in the buffet at no additional cost.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank 722annk
Louise F, Front Office at Avenue Hotel Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2016

Thank you very much for your very nice review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Very best, Louise /Front Office

Reviewed 29 August 2016

The hotel is a short walk (10 mins with suitcases and a 5 year old!) from Forum Metro train station. Their is a very handy bus stop just outside the hotel which will take you into Tivoli area in just a few stops.

As a light sleeper my first thought when I saw the hotel on a busy road was 'please don't let us get a bedroom on the roadside!'

The lobby area of the hotel was very nice with plenty of soft comfy seats, as we were checking in another couple interrupted and we had to wait for them to finish their conversation before we could resume the checking in process. It turned out the room assigned to us had been given to this couple so we were moved into a different room (immediate concern!) Of course this room happened to be a roadside room.....

For some reason their seemed to be some confusion over what bed type my 5 year old would need (not sure why?) and the receptionist told us they hadn't set anything up for that reason but once we confirmed he would need a 'normal bed' they advised they would be up to set the bed up later, as we had to head out for dinner this wasn't a problem but had we been a little later this would have been a bit annoying.

When we got back to the room later that evening we realised just how small the room was, the bed set up for my son covered the only wardrobes in the room so there was no chance of unpacking. The bathroom also had a rather unpleasant smell.

We have stayed at loads of hotels and have had my fair share of roadside rooms but this was without a doubt the loudest room we have ever stayed in. The rooms are double glazed but the road is just so busy and noisy. I used the fan in the room to mask the volatile sound from the road and didn't sleep terribly but it wasn't ideal.

We had overheard someone else asking to move when we checked in but they weren't able to as the hotel was fully booked, we checked the next morning before breakfast and luckily they were able to move us to another room.

Breakfast was very nice, eggs, crossiants, bread, cheese, cold meats etc. A pot of tea was provided each day but despite asking for black tea we tended to end up with green tea.

Our new room was much better and saved the rest of the stay here, the room was bigger had a fridge, a newer and not as smelly bathroom and most importantly was much quieter. My sons bed fit in this bedroom much better and we had our wardrobes back!

Just a helpful hint, we thought we were having problems with the plug sockets, however it turns out the power switch on the wall is only working if the light is off, we presumed the light on meant it was working but its the other way round!

Overall

Location 2.5/5 - its a little out of the way but not too far when you factor in public transport it is easy to get around, just remember to check when the bus times back are! Location let down more by the very busy road it is on

Hotel lobby area 4/5 Very nice, plenty of seats including some comfy sofas outside, breakfast room was vey nice

1st Room 2/5 - 2nd room 3.5/5 Original room was small, had a smelly bathroom and was very noisy, second room was nice, decent size had a much better bathroom, a fridge and was more appropriate for a family.

Staff 4/5 - Very nice and helpful and a credit to the hotel.

All in all, I might choose to stay at the hotel again if I knew i had a quiet room otherwise I would be staying elsewhere, however for those on a budget and that are not light sleepers this would be a good choice for a short break in Copenhagen.

Room tip: A quiet room away from the road, ask for one with a fridge.
2  Thank psbakerboy
Reviewed 28 August 2016

We booked this hotel because it was described as a boutique hotel, however I would not say it compares to a UK definition of boutique. It is situated on a 6 lane arterial road out of the city with a late night bar open until the early hours. The subsequent noise and lack of airconditioning means it is not worth sleeping in the front of the building, we had no ventilation and very disturbed sleep. The description and cost of a superior room does not add up, in that there is no minibar or climate control and as they are only in the front it isreally not worth booking and paying for one. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful though and the good breakfast and free wine happy hour between 5-6 does make it worth considering once you take the previous comments into account. It is near bus and metro connections also lakes and shops. Cleanliness is ok and basic toiletries are provided.

Room tip: Always ensure room in the back of the hotel, never go for one in the front
1  Thank parishnurse