“Good enough”
Review of Cabinn City Hotel

Cabinn City Hotel
Ranked #46 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Ballina, Australia
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Good point: the hotel is close to the city centre and central station.
The rest:
- Terrible value for money.
- Expensive! We tried to check in early after coming from a 12 hour flight from Singapore and although our room was ready we were charged an additional 165DKK. The guy at check in was less than helpful and extremely unfriendly.
- After checking in we receive a call to the room telling us our stay is going to cost an extra 130DKK because our booking is apparently for 1 person only... This is despite that rooms are made up for 2 and the booking was for two.
- We stayed for two nights and the room was badly made up. The sheet we used was left scrunched up on the side of the bed, etc etc... I think you're getting the picture.
- The room was TINY!!! If you have baggage do not stay here as there is no where to put it.
- Finally, the toilet is in the shower.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The hotel is OK. I stayed at the hotel for 5 nights and regretted.The hotel is good if you are going to stay 2 nights.
Initially they put me in a ground floor overlooking the inner square of the building. I could not be there for 10 minutes because the heat was very strong and I could not open the window because there were people in the square and I have no privacy. I asked to change my room and the reception guy did everything he could to me not too change, but I was firm and finally got a room on the second floor.
The room has a good size for a solo traveler like me. What else took me off was the shower. Besides being in a confined space within a bathroom with toilet looks more like a call here in Brazil, the shower has no pressure and becomes quite uncomfortable to wash.
Regarding the noise would not recommend staying in a room facing the inner courtyard of the building. The noise goes until 10 pm or more, depends on the goodwill of those who are there, and the morning starts early. I woke up at 7 am on a Sunday because someone was carrying his suitcase through the courtyard.
Would not stay in this hotel again. Despite being the cheapest I found, I think it's worth paying a little more and staying in a hotel that offers at least a decent bath.
Free internet!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank deabarros

Travellers are raving about these Copenhagen hotels

Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 16 August 2014

It is quite nice and near the central railway station (walking distance).
Rooms are clean. We stayed in beds one on top of the other. Not very easy to get up but we managed.
This hotel is quite popular for yoing people

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Excellent location: very near Copenhagen central train station, only 8 minutes walking with trolling luggage. Screaming noise from Tivoli Garden excites the travelers when passing by.
Good reception: easy check-in & friendly staffs.
Small room: cookie cutters, but nice and complete.
Tiny bathroom: so small, it can cause your unfounded inner close phobic here. Shower curtain isn't very inviting. The entire bathroom is like fiercely water battled after shower.
Very high priced for such facility: DKK 875 (about $158.00) for Captain Room.
Breakfast is extra: DKK 70 (about $13.00)

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Wellington, Florida
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This hotel is within a 5 minute walk from the main train station, and is a little out of the way from the tourist attractions, but it is located within a quiet neighborhood. Unfortunately my room was located on the inner courtyard and bar and it was noisy most nights. The room was clean and neat, although small. Staff were friendly.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
San francisco
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Cabinn city was a horrible choice for a hotel. My friends and I left the hotel even though we had only checked in a few hours prior. The staff was nice enough but the rooms were horrifically tiny, especially for three travelers sharing a room. We had no where to place our suitcases without having to climb over eachother and our bags. The bathroom was a joke, you showered next to the toilet with nowhere to even place a towel to keep dry. We called ahead of time to see if fans were available and assured that there would be a fan. Once we got there, they were out of fans and we were out of luck. It was so hot in the room. We were advised to open the window to get a breeze, no breeze. Then we were told to open our room door to create a draft. It felt like dorm living with unreasonable hotel prices. We had to leave the door open to even have the room at a bearable temperature. We were not alone in the suffering as other hotel guests were sitting in the hallway and hanging out on the street. I would also like to add that part of the hotel is an apartment complex. Windows are facing residents who are very open and comfortable wearing nothing to bed and working out in undergarments. I would never recommend this hotel to friends or even an enemy.

• Stayed July 2014