“Unknown but certainly not unloved”
Review of Madsvinet - CLOSED

Madsvinet
Price range: US$17 - US$32
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Scandinavian, International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Outer Vesterbro
Description: Gastronomy: New Nordic with international touches. Organic focus. Atmosphere: Rustique and warm. Located in an old butchers shop. Menus: 3, 5 and 7 courses and additional snacks.
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Went to eat here after locals recommended it to me and my buddy and we were certainly not disappointed! The location is really cool and the staff are super friendly! They had no problems translating everything into English for us! I had a steak with local vegetables because I tasted things I didn't know or hadn't tasted before, which is always nice. My buddy had the monkfish which was also really good. The only thing lacking were some potatoes. I would (and I will) certainly return here!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We had the most exciting meal in a long time and we are lucky enough to have one a lot of travelling - Nomo eat your heart out! It was very understated in its position and decor with its soul focus being on an exquisite menu - we opted for three courses forgoing desert so as to have three savoury courses all of very ample portions. It really was the delicious and exciting food that Copenhagen has become renowned for and I hope we manage to replicate it again on our trip. I wish them all the best with this gastronomic venture

1  Thank Ifzitzigc
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

We were lucky to have this restaurant recommended by a friend. The waiter was patient enough to translate the menu to us. The place was not too big or small, not too crowded as well, and the food was divine. Would totally recommend...

1  Thank Carolina C
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I live 2 minuttes from this restaurant, and it's definately one of my favourites. The shop was original a butcher which the restaurant is still characterized by. The interior is rough but very cosy and charming and the chef is located at the end of the restaurant, so you can see what's going on in the kitchen which in itself is good style. The waiters are very welcoming and unformal which contributes to the cosy style. We had the 3 course dinner which was fantastic, the place makes some delicious pig which the name of the restaurant indicates too. Prices are fair and if you are in Copenhagen on a summer evening, you should definately drink one of their cocktails on the street or the local beer from Mikkeller.

2  Thank Astridoea
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Cool atmosphere, close to evening entertainment, bars etc, warm and welcoming service, it feels like all types are welcome

1  Thank Lars1976