“Excellent tour for tips with Tomas” 5 of 5 bubbles

Copenhagen Free Walking Tours
Ranked #1 of 44 Food & Drink in Copenhagen
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Copenhagen Free Walking Tours invites you to join our 3 different Free Walking Tours through the heart of Copenhagen. We suggest starting with our Grand Tour of Copenhagen, taking in the famous city landmarks like Christiansborg Palace, Nyhavn and Amalienborg Palace while we discuss history, culture, people, food and so much more on an easy 3 hour walk through the city center of Copenhagen. This tour starts everyday at 10 am, 11am and 3pm from the steps of the Town Hall (Radhuspladsen). Just keep your eyes peeled for the smiliest guides in town, wearing green name badges and holding bright neon green umbrellas. You can't miss us! Join us in Spanish at 11am everyday at the steps of the Town Hall! We also have two alternative tours - the Christianshavn Tour, and the Classical Tour. Both tours run for 90 minutes and see distinct neighbourhoods in Copenhagen that we do not cover on the Grand Tour. We also work closely with Pub Crawl Copenhagen! Come and drink with us! Please check out our website for seasonal start times, and locations. Booking in advance is not required but very much appreciated.
Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent tour for tips with Tomas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Having worked as a free tour guide for a rival company (albeit in a different country) I have pretty high standards of what I expect from a tour of this type. Tomas gave an excellent tour covering the key sites, keeping the large group interested for 3 and a half hours despite the cold. He delivered an excellent mix of history and humour and clearly very much enjoyed his job. As I know all too well, these guys only get what they are tipped (and indeed, depending on the company, it can actually cost the guide to have people on their tour in some circumstances) so we gave him a well deserved 200 between the two of us. If you enjoy a tour of this type but really can't afford to tip, please don't root through your pockets for a small coin or slope away without saying anything - walk up to your guide, shake their hand, and tell them how much you enjoyed their tour. That is always very much appreciated : )

4 Thank KittyHeron

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A wintry walkabout”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

Spent a charming three hours with Anna, who was personable and articulate and provided me with a wonderful introduction to Copenhagen on my first morning in the city. I especially enjoyed her tales of the Danish Resistance during the 1940's and her cheeky anecdotes about how Danes dote on the royal family. Nearly everyone in the group hung in for the entire tour despite freezing cold conditions, and gathered round to proffer tips, get personal suggestions from her regarding restaurants, and buy tickets for the evening's pub crawl.

Cirencester, United Kingdom
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 185 helpful votes
“brilliant way to see the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

Excellent walking tour, our guide Magnus was a brilliant ambassador for his city working just for tips, we covered quite a bit in 3 hours including a 30 min coffee break, met other nationalities and gained a brilliant perspective on the city in a short period of time. We tipped 100 krona between 2 of us, on reflection I think it was worth more but being tourists we were only just getting used to the value of the currency so if I say anything apart from do this it would be tip well its worth it, some I saw walk away giving nothing, SHAME ON YOU!!!!!! Highly recommend.

2 Thank Christina I
Cirencester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“worth every penny!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

Magnus or Thor as we called him spent 3 hours energetically introducing us to his city showing key sights, answering questions and giving us a perspective we would not have got from either a guide book or maybe a more formal tour guide. Great way to see the city, meet new people and get your bearings. Highly recommend and if we hadn't have been oldies ready for our bed would have taken him up on the offer to go on an evening pub crawl.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Time very well spent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

I was only in Copenhagen for one day, and spent my morning on the free walking tour. Despite how rainy and windy it was, Simon was a great and enthusiastic leader, and I saw & learned about a lot more of the city than I would have on my own. Highly recommended!