“Informative and full of fun”

Copenhagen Free Walking Tours
Ranked #1 of 170 Tours in Copenhagen
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Copenhagen Free Walking Tours invites you to join our 3 different Free Walking Tours through the heart of Copenhagen. We suggest starting with our Grand Tour of Copenhagen, taking in the famous city landmarks like Christiansborg Palace, Nyhavn and Amalienborg Palace while we discuss history, culture, people, food and so much more on an easy 3 hour walk through the city center of Copenhagen. This tour starts everyday at 10 am, 11am and 3pm from the steps of the City Hall (Radhuspladsen). Keep your eyes peeled for bright neon green umbrellas! Join us in Spanish at 11am everyday at the steps of the City Hall, and at 4 pm for the Christianshavn tour at Højbro Plads (find more information on our website) We also have two alternative tours - the Christianshavn Tour, and the Classical Tour. Both tours run for 90 minutes and see distinct neighbourhoods in Copenhagen that we do not cover on the Grand Tour. We also work closely with Pub Crawl Copenhagen! Come and drink with us! Check out our website for seasonal start times and locations. Please make sure to book in advance on our website, otherwise we can't promise you a tour!
Kuwait
138 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“Informative and full of fun”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is great way to see the city on the first day and if you are lucky to have Simon as your guide you will thoroughly enjoy the tour. He made it so enjoyable, yet still very informational. 3 hours but he was full of energy. I visited Copenhagen end May and will definitely recommend the tour, we went for the Christiana tour and the pub crawl as well with Thomas

2 Thank Stacy020

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Must do”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The best way to know the city, while learning what are those beautiful buildings.

I did my tour with Simon on Tuesday 2pm. Really funny guy with a lot of knowledge about the city and the history of Copenhagen.

I think this is really a must do activity.

2 Thank Luis M
Claygate, Surrey
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Copenhagen - an inside and out view”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Highly recommend this tour. I did a walking tour last month in Amsterdam and it hasn't a patch on this because our guide Simon made this city roar into life! 3 hours and not a moment was wasted. His enthusiasm for his new home city is contagious and he has a lively sense of humour to pull the group together. Thank you! ps. I'm sorry that I bungled the change I gave you for my tip. I gave the right note but I messed up with the coins. You were worth a lot more.

2 Thank molokai23
The Villages, Florida
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Simply A Great Walking Tour”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We found this tour via Trip Advisor and it is a group of students that provide a 3 hour walking tour of Copenhagen.

It was really great as these students present the sights of the city with such enthusiasm and extensive information relative to current life styles and recent an past culture and politics. You will walk past the most important place to visit as part of the tour.

You can arrange to be part of a tour, which is usually about 10 to 12 or so people by getting on their website at www.copenhagenfreewalkingtours.dk and the site allows you to pick a date and a time so you will have a reserved place.

There is no fee per se, however tipping is encouraged and we are sure that you will enjoy this so much that a reasonable tip will be gladly given.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank Bruce W
Mississauga, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great to do on your first day in CPH.”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I joined this tour at the meeting point the day we landed in CPH (no reservation needed). We enjoyed the 3 hours free walking tour with our guide Jerod, he was well informed and very good at his job. I definitely recommend this to everybody. A great introduction to Copenhagen !!!

Visited on May 30, 2014