“The real deal!”
Review of Portugalo - CLOSED

Portugalo
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Portuguese, Seafood, Grill, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Went there for lunch this last weekend with some colleagues from work.
The place was easy to find in the street, as there is a portuguese flag on top of the door.
Service was great and the menu is awesome! Everything has been carefully chosen so you cant go wrong. Lots of Portuguese wines and drinks (such as Sumol!) and of course, beer.
If you need any help, the staff is Portuguese (speaking fluent english) and will be able to fully explain what is what.
If you're looking for a true Portuguese gastronomic experience, this is the real deal!

2  Thank amin_amirali
There are newer reviews for Portugalo

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Restaurant Portugalo was a positive surprise. I noticed here on Tripadvisor before my visit, that the ratings were very polarized, very negative or very positive. I am on the positive side.

We had to kinds of “bacalhau”, and both we very good and exactly I as know the dishes from Portugal. I bit strange though, that at 6 PM my party was not able to have 3 dishes of the same bacalhau as they had only 2 left (so we choose 1 of the other kind of bacalhau).

The menu and the wine list is short, but fair enough.

The wines are very cheap by Danish standard, but they (the 2 we tasted) were all right.

The service was ok and kind, but it took a while to get the main dish (app. 35 minutes).

Reviewed 20 December 2013

i was initially skeptical of the restaurant, since it's exterior appearance signaled that it may be a bit touristy, but the interior atmosphere, the food, and the service did not disappoint. the wine, seafood, and sausages were all great. food portions are huge, and we had to take some home. the owner and a nice waitress provided attentive service, and explanations of everything. the waitress was fantastic...i don't often experience genuinely friendly service in copenhagen. we will definitely return.

1  Thank CMH1234
Reviewed 30 November 2013

My boyfriend and I went there for dinner a couple of times and loved the great tasting traditional dishes! I highly recommend the caldo verde, bacalhao in the oven style and pork meat with mussels. The staff is very friendly and with a truly homey and traditional atmosphere. I recommend this place! we will definitely go back there soon!

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We came here several times already, I've been living in Portugal for many years before moving to Denmark and my girlfriend is Italian, so both by culture food enthusiasts! The quality of the food is consistently high and the service warm and welcoming, just like you would find in many nice restaurants in Portugal! The dishes we tried were all excellent, very traditional and the prices are very much in line with most restaurants in Copenhagen but here you find really super tasteful plates. We loved it and will go back for sure for a nice taste of Portugal!