“My first review.”

Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Inner Noerrebro
“My first review.”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I eat out regularly due to frequently travelling for work but this is the first restaurant that has made me want to leave a review.

The chef/owner/waiter is top notch, he is a genuinely nice guy who goes out of his way to ensure the meal is to your liking.

The menu is all in Danish but fear not the owner will explain it to you and make recommendations if you wish!

I had a large cheese burger which came with chips and all the trimmings, it was lovely, I don't think I have had a better burger! The meal came to 48 Krona which is roughly £5. Food is fairly pricy in Copenhagen, I feel this is good value for the area.

I will be going back when I return to Copenhagen, I recommend you try this hidden gem for yourself.

• Visited January 2014

• Finnish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Best burger in Copenhagen”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Banana Joe's is my favourite place to go for a decently priced burger in Copenhagen. My friends and I make regular treks to this hole in the wall in Nørrebro to get a little taste of home (i.e. North American style burgers). The guy who runs the place is great, friendly, and always wants to make sure you are satisfied with the meal. Make sure you don't go too early though - it doesn't open until 5pm!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Lisa D
Inverness, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Best burger in town - great value, tasty and very friendly!”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We went on a hunt for Banana Joe's on the last day of our trip to Copenhagen after reading plenty of reviews online claiming it to be the home of the "best burger in town", and it did not dissappoint.
It is a small place run by one man, who really knows the values of outstanding customer service. When we found it, we were puzzling over the menu (all in Danish) and then asked him what he would recommend. He made us the Banana Joe burger with fries, and even made some chicken for us to try as well, which i would definitely opt for if we ever return to Denmark :D
The owner knows that tourists can find the prices to eat out in Copenhagen on the steep side, and offers top quality food at an affordable price.
The warmth and banter shown by the owner alone makes this place worth a visit, many peole were stopping in while we sat and ate our food, it seems like he is a well liked member of the community with a loyal following.
Not to be missed!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Stephi899
Turin, Italy
“The best burger in Copenhagen, a place to be.”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I ate here twice during my week in Copenhagen, because this really is one of the best places to eat burger and meat in the city. It's located in multicultural, lively and safe at the same time neighborhood Norrebro, 15 minutes walking from the city center. The restaurant is small, really quiet and you can eat inside or outside at tables on the street.
Food quality is excellent, cooked on the moment and quickly by the only cook/waiter/owner, which is a beautiful person, really kind and friendly.
Prices are really cheap for Copenaghen standard, and it's open untill 10 PM.
It's possible to pay only with danish credit card or danish crowns.
I suggest to taste the delicious grill mix!

Special thanks to the owner "Banana Joe" who really made us feal home.

• Visited September 2013