“A good hotel”

Ranked #32 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
Tallinn, Estonia
“A good hotel”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Location, location, location - that pretty much tells it all.
The rooms are a bit on the smaller side, but this is a bit higher quality budget hotel. The rooms are comfortable though, so no worries there. They're pretty basic, so no minibar :)
Really liked the interior design.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We made an online booking on Sunday morning for the same day - website was easy to use and confirmation sent in seconds. We took a standard room at 500DKK for 2 pax - the hotel is brand new and the room was absolutely fine. Check-in was quick & friendly. Yes, the room is made up for 1, but it was no problem to add the extra bed & bath linen - shower gel and soap included. Bathroom pod works well and really isn't that small - and has opaque windows so privacy is no problem. We were on the 3rd floor overlooking Borgergade and heard no street sounds at all. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 311 was allocated to us and we were very happy with it
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Alesund, Norway
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I just came back from at trip to Copenhagen where we spent two nights in this hotel. We were a party of 3 that stayed in a family room, which is two double rooms devided by a door. Rooms were fairly small, but with a location like that you dont spend much time in your room anyways. The rooms were clean, and had free wi-fi.
The breakfast at the hotel was pretty basic, but the area is crowded with coffeshops,bakerys,resturants and tons of other places where you can buy something to eat.
Location was perfect. Just outside your door is plenty of small shops or places to eat, and only 10 minute walk down to "Strøget" which is the main shopping street. A taxi to the train station (Same area as Tivoli) costs about 90 DKK. Not much at all. I have already recommended this hotel to friends, and will be staying there myself next time i go to Copenhagen.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Milwaukee
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This location is very new. Outside hotel area has construction going on. Location is good and close to city central. There are metro stations Norreport and Kongens Nytorv close by. There is 7-11 store at the corner of hotel street.
Room: is very small. 2 people in the room feel tight. The room is set up for one person, even though when I booked the room for 2 person. One pillow, one blanket and one towel. However, there is an extra set in the drwal, so not a problem. Free wifi so it is good. Hot shower is good.
Not so good part. This hotel,to me, cold and lack of service. The check in staffs are professional. And I do understand this is consider low cost hotel in an expensive city. But print a boarding will cost you 2DKK per page + 50DKK for administrative fee!

I like the location and room is clean. But the size of room is a bit too small. Perhaps next time I will opt for a bigger room. Also need to have no expectations of couetesy service.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Air747
Reviewed 14 May 2014

A friend of mine and I stayed at Wakeup a week after it opened. The room was clean, small but exactly what we needed. The service was great. I only interacted with the concierge when I first checked in and then shortly after when I could not get the wifi in my room working. I went out for dinner and by the time I was back, the problem was resolved. The location is the best part! For the price I was willing to pay, the location was unbeatable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel had opened a few days before I arrived. The building (still in construction) is quite nice on the outside, and the reception area is very pleasant.
Hotel location is quite good for that part of town. Taxis are extremely expensive in Copenhagen.

There was a queue at reception when I arrived, which appears to be a common feature.

The room was pleasant enough, a mix of the Swedish Comfort hotels with a hint of Citizen M (just the room) design: small but with a nice design. The beds are not particularly comfortable and the pillow is probably the worse I've ever had to sleep on. Really horrible and uncomfortable. Besides that, you can't open the window of the room so it's either super hot and stuffy during the night if you don't want to sleep with the air conditioning on or, if you do, you will wake up cold during the night.
Another thing I really didn't like were the amenities. A 10ml shower gel/shampoo per person is very little indeed. You can get more, but then you need to head to reception, since there is not phone in the room. When you go to reception to ask for more shower gel, they will give it to you.

There seems to be the common thread with reception staff: making sure that the guest knows this is a budget hotel is far more important than making them feel comfortable and welcome. Even paying for late check out seems to be a chore for them. They can come across very abrupt and unpleasant.

Would I stay again in this hotel, or recommend it to my friends? Probably not. However, it is one of the cheapest alternatives in CPH. And reasonably pleasant. Really depends on what you're looking for. Plus, the hotel had just opened, so maybe the machine was not properly oiled yet.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel during the first days of Eurovision Song Contest 2014. The hotel is new: when I arrived the construction work continued, they were hanging paintings in the buffet area and were fixing the face front of the building. The hotel's location is excellent, close to Nyhavn and Kongens Nytorv metro (short walk). I was given the room number 613 at first. I tried to turn off the lights there and then heard the clap sound, I knocked electric plugs. I went down to reception and asked to repair electricity as I walk around the city. On my return the electricity worked, but again when I tried to turn off the lights the plugs were knocked again. I was given a room number 615. I moved in with my stuff and found out that there was no electricity at all. I went down to reception again and they gave me the room number 666 (I was laughing) where everything was in order. So, the room has a window overlooking the roofs of the city, a large bed, extra blanket, pillow and towel in a box under the bed, a desk, TV with large screen, four hangers, shower room with toilet.
There is no closet, so all things are better to store in your own suitcase. Breakfast: coffee, fresh pastries, cold cuts and cheese, boiled eggs, yogurt. The hotel room is clean, the hotel is ideal for short trips to Copenhagen. Staff of hotel is super-friendly and helpful. The price is very nice for central Copenhagen. Because the hotel is very new, there are various omissions which I think will be fixed in the nearest future. I would come back.

Room Tip: Since I stayed in 613,615 and 666 - all of them are OK. 613 was the biggest and facing the front of...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo