“Don't let appearances put you off this clean and friendly hotel”
Review of Hotel CopenHagen

Hotel CopenHagen
Ranked #93 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
Spalding, United Kingdom
“Don't let appearances put you off this clean and friendly hotel”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel doesn't impress you as you arrive, although its downtown location is a great spot for visiting Copenhagen. It's dated façade is almost worth keeping now as it's high '60's design will be fashionable soon.
The welcome from the single host was professional, genuine and thorough, even though I'd just watched three others go through the same presentation.
My room had a rear aspect and a view of the residential units and a car park. It was accessed through a simple maze of locking doors which were also accessed from the rear of the property, essential as the hotel is not staffed after 11 at night.
The room did not have a bathroom or toilet, something a had to share with 6 or 7 other guests. Despite this archaic shortcoming, the room was clean, with enough furniture and storage for even an extended weeks stay. The TV gave me a stiff neck as it's high position above the bed took some looking at.
This was one of a few rooms available in Copenhagen the night I stayed due to One Direction playing locally. Actually, when I think about it, it was fine. No, really, it wasn't that different from lets say a Scandic hotel (bathroom excepted) and half the price. I was offered drinks in the bar, breakfast was simple, but fresh and I could have hired a bike to ease my tour of the cities highlights.
As a step up from a hostel, and a substantial saving from a chain hotel - its good value and clean. So, I'll be back and save my pennies to spend in the cities attractions.

Room Tip: Room at the back get no view but who wants to look at a noisy street? Its not mardi gras.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Nickit7676

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Polish first
Clevedon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Short city break. Brilliant simple little hotel within 5 minutes walk from the Metro station. Reception staff friendly and helpful. You can have a beer by the reception window if you want. Big thanks to Erik for e-mailing me the easiest route from the airport. Room was spotless, bed comfy and shared toilet and shower literally adjacent to our bedroom. Paid for breakfast which was fresh and varied. Wonderful location with great bars and restaurants ( visit Cafe Alma ). In 15 minutes walking distance of central Copenhagen. Recommend it.

Room Tip: We liked our room overlooking the main street, you could see what was going on and watch the posties...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Copenhagen
Reviewed 17 March 2014

short stay break visiting with family and friends while sight seeing
the staff were helpful and very friendly especially the young guy (sorry don't remember his name)
the room was clean with a shared bathroom and shower room but this wasn't a problem. The small and functional room with a T.V. Beds sooo comfy!
5 mins walk to the metro and with a Copenhagen ticket which you can buy from the airport, to get around all transport and into attractions ,all good value.
The breakfast was a buffet and you can help yourself, which helps set you up for a day of sight seeing.
There was work going on to upgrade the hotel but it didn't disturb us at all. It was also on a quiet street so between that and a comfy bed ,we all slept well. I would recommend staying here and hope to go back, had a great stay, thanks :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

4 Thank Laura M
Hamilton, ON
Reviewed 15 January 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here for two nights at the end of December. We found the rooms to be adequate and the beds to be incredibly comfortable.

The shower was another issue. This hostel is attempting to be incredibly environmentally friendly, and the shower pressure was very indicative of this. I know I love a nice shower after a long flight but that was not an option here.

Other than that I enjoyed my stay here. It was close to the main tourist sites, but just far enough away that it made for a very quiet sleep.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HamiltonTraveller18
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stayed 26 days for 13000 dk 9 of which no heat in the room, I asked to speak to the manager but someone told me I was a liar like sleeping with the window open, even if you came and checked my room 2 times

Room Tip: I saw only one: (
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank 76marius

Travellers are raving about these Copenhagen hotels

Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My husband booked Hotel Copenhagen as part of a surprise weekend away. All we wanted was a base to see the city and go to a gig. We weren't sure what to expect but were pleasantly surprised. The location is great - outside of the main town but plenty of cafes and shops around it. Main town only a 20 minute walk away, and perfectly well lit and safe. The hotel is great value for money - I see other reviewers have labelled it as expensive, but Copenhagen seems to be an expensive city so this isn't actually that bad! If you're expecting room service and perfection then no, it isn't for you, but if you want a (super comfy) bed to sleep in and a base for some city-seeing then it's ideal. Shared bathrooms on every floor - separate toilet and shower - they're basic but clean enough for what you need. The staff were all really helpful and gave advice on places to go, how to use the metro etc. The metro is easy to use and close to the hotel so the airport is easy to get to and from as well.

Aside tip: If you're getting a taxi to the hotel from anywhere then make sure you show them the address. For some reason every time we hopped in one they tried to take us to the Hotel Copenhagen Island, which is nowhere near the hotel.

We'd definitely stay here again if we make a repeat visit.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends