Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen
US$365
Hotels.com
US$320
  • Restaurant
First Hotel Mayfair(Copenhagen)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$186
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Nebo(Copenhagen)
US$128
US$123
Wakeup Copenhagen, Borgergade(Copenhagen)(Great Value!)
US$187
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
US$365
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfour poster bedbus stoporganic breakfastboutique hotelcity centresmall balconysmall hotelcentral stationmeatpacking districtcomfy bedbars and restaurantsreception deskyogurtbreakfast roomsuperior roomnikolasbertrand
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 April 2012

My wife and I have stayed 3 nights at the Bertrams. This hotel as everything what we were looking for! I haven't make a lot of review until now but with the Bertrams I had the feeling that I had to. The hotel in general is beautifully decorated. They pay attention to details. The room (we had a superior room on the small garten side) is nice, big enough, clean, with a small balcony (where the sun were shinning on the afternoon) and the bed is really confortable! Breakfast is just delicious and the breakfast room is very inviting! The staff is so friendly (thank you again Nikolas for your kindness)! Location is good as well (15 min. walking distance from the center and a bus stop directly in front of the hotel). Life is too short not trying new stuff but if I come back to Copenhagen then I will choose Betrams again...

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JuBu0000
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Dear JuBu0000

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to note that The Bertrams Hotel Guldsmeden is the first hotel you review on TripAdvisor.

Your review, like so many others, reflects what we are all about - good old fashioned hospitality. It is not rocket science, but as you so rightly point out - attention to detail.

I really hope that we have the pleasure of wishing you welcome & hope that your partners ankel is getting better.

Have a great Easter.

Nikolas HALL - Owner.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

Spent 4 nights here in March 2012. It's in a good location as it is close to the city centre but in an area that isn't touristy. 15 mins walk or 5 mins on bus to the station, with bus stop literally outside the door. Close to restaurants, cafes and takeaway. We stayed in a superior double which was very comfortable. Bath only but with good water pressure. Light sleepers should bring earplugs as the walls are a little thin. Good breakfast and friendly, helpful staff.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mosspiglet
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

Dear Mosspiglet

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us.

I am happy to read that your overall feedback is positive and that you enjoyed your stay with us and Copenhagen as a whole.

Wishing you a pleasant Easter.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Have stayed at Bertrams Hotel Guldsmeden twice in the last six months and can say only wonderful things about this establishment. The location is fantastic, Nikolas, Adam, and the staff are absolutely amazing, and the guest rooms are well-appointed and very cozy. A true home away from home. I look forward to my next visit to Copenhagen so that I can return to this fantastic hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank TraveltheWorldBK
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Dear TraveltheWorldBK

Thanks for taking the time to post a review of your second stay with us.

Being personal without infringing is an art, and we strive to achieve this to the best of our abilities.

We are always fond of greeting familiar faces, and do so quite often, and do look forward to hosting you again.

Thanks for confirming that we are on the correct path.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

The location of this hotel is good for exploring the sights of Copenhagen, especially the ones based south of the city centre (Tivoli Gardens, the Glyptotek). Walking to the centre takes approx 20 minutes, and is recommended.

The service at this hotel is excellent, very helpful without being too intrusive. The rooms are good and the bed and cleanliness excellent. Breakfast was also nice, with a varied selection on offer.

If I ever find myself in Copenhagen again, I will be staying here.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JackDarwen

Dear JackDarwen

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us.

Your review confirms that our location - off center is not a challenge. For those seeking to see what Copenhagen is like from a non-tourist view point - our location is good. A well functioning public transport system, bicycles for hire, and easy walking, makes Copenhagen very easy to manage.

Focusing on the most basic of issues - hospitality - is what we do best.

Hope we have the pleasure of hosting you again.

Nikoals HALL - Owner

Reviewed 26 March 2012

First impact is not that great: the hotel has a small entrance on a busy street and a tiny reception desk nested under the staircase. Also the elevator is old and tiny and stops at mezzanines so you either have to climb or descend a few steps to get to your room.
However the rooms are clean and the beds comfortable. The bathroom is clean, although small. Make sure you don't travel with a lot of luggage: it would not fit in the room. The floor is wooden and clean, and the carpet under the desk was not too disturbing. My room overlooked an inner yard and was very quiet. I wouldn't know about room overlooking the busy street and the bus stop.
The man at the reception was very helpful and booked us a table in a very good and affordable (forget cheap) restaurant nearby.
Compared to the impersonal chain hotel I stayed the previous time in Copenhagen, I'd definitely go back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank AGFF

Dear AGFF

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us.

Looks can be deceiving - and we love the element of surprise. There is very little we can do with regards to our location or the decision of the city to place a bus stop at our door. What we can do is to ensure that our ambience and service are of high standards.

I am pleased to read that your overall impression is one that will lead you to come back.

A recent client siad to me - Nikolas - the beauty is in the difference, not in the sameness.