Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen
Hotel Euroglobe(Frederiksberg)
  • Free Internet
Hotel Cabin Express(Frederiksberg)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfour poster bedbus stoporganic breakfastboutique hotelcity centresmall balconysmall hotelcentral stationmeatpacking districtcomfy bedbars and restaurantsreception deskyogurtbreakfast roomsuperior roomnikolasbertrand
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Bertram is an elegant property and Nick the owner can rightfully be proud of his " child"

The care taken comes in doing up the hotel comes out from the minute you step in and look at the common sitting area which reminds you of an upmarket family living room rather than a hotel lobby. It makes you welcome by it's warmth. Step out in the back garden which doubles up as a back yard, smokers corner, a nice pace to relax with a beer after walking the streets of Copenhagen.

The rooms are very tastefully done, though small in size have all eminities that a guest would need. The only missing item was the tea / coffee maker but this they make up with some very good teas served in the common area downstairs.

We stayed here for two days, did not have breakfast as were late coming in the first day and were leaving early for the airport on the day of our check out. However there are many choices on the streets of Copenhagen espicaly the railway station where you can have good Danish, coffee, fruits etc for breakfast.

Nick and his younger brother will advice you well on what to do at Copenhagen if you have not planned the day

In all a very good property we enjoyed the two nights we spend here.

A word of caution the hotel is a 15-20 minute walk from Tivoli Gardens, we did mind this but be prepared

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

Dear SunnyKochhar

Thank you for investing your precious time in posting a review of your recent stay with us.

You, and many others before you understand the warmth and friendliness we set out to achieve with our property. The secret is all about focusing on the small things that really make a difference.

You rightly mention our distance to the Tivoli Gardens, which some find a challenge. Although this is one of the highlights of Copenhagen - it should by no manner be a measuring stock. Our location in residential Copenhagen offers a multitude of other choices.

I am really happy that your European tour ended in Copenhagen, and that we were in a position to ensure that it ended on a positive note.

Reviewed 8 June 2012

Based upon other trip advisr reviews we booked this one. While we liked the Bali inspired decor, all looks a bit tired. Frayed fabrics, poorly layer out bathrooms, dingy grouted tiles.

On the other hand, by Copenhagen standards the price was reasonable, management very helpful. Breakfast was nice, though not included, and there's a wonderful pastry shop just a short walk away.

Good location only about a 15-20 minute walk to the Tivoli and the tour office and about a 15 minute taxi ride to the airport.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Lcquinn
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2012

Dear Lcquinn

I really appreciate the time that you have taken to write a review of your recent stay with us.

You review highlights a number of positive aspects of your stay with us, and Copenhagen in general.

You do however point out that we are, quote - needing an update. I would like to point out that myself and my staff pride ourselves on maintaining the property at a high level.

You mentioned frayed fabrics, which surprises me as the only fabrics used in the room are towels and bed linnen, which are all in good standing. I would have appreciated if you could have drawn this matter to my attention while staying with us allowing for clarification.

You also mention poorly layer out bathrooms, dingy grouted tiles - both descriptions are ones that I would challenge - but your viewpoint may stand.

Our strong belief in sustainability, entails that the current layout of rooms and bathrooms is based on the buildings original construction and structure.

I am sure that you also appreciate that the current financial climate sets limitations on investments, and having to fund all investments our selves limits the ability to tear down the interior and remodel.

I strongly dislike having to be defensive about my property, but at the same time do respect that other viewpoints do exist.

Wishing you all the best with your on going travels.

Reviewed 3 June 2012

What a great hotel! We took advantage of the 3 night discount offered on TripAdvisor and stayed here while visiting Copenhagen.

The hotel is decorated with taste, the staff is friendly, the breakfast is delicious (good bread, fruits, musli, yoghurt, various teas etc).

Percetly located, possibility to rent bikes. Even the rooms on the street side are quiet (and we are rather picky on this).

Bed was comfortable, bathroom had good smelling shower gel/shampoo/body lotion.

We'll stay here when we return to Copenhagen.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank J M
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Dear J M

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us.

Your review utilizes few words to sum up what we are about - good old fashioned hospitality.

I am happy to read that we were able to fulfill your expectations, and that your trip to Copenhagen was enjoyable.

Wishing you a pleasant summer.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

I booked Bertrams hotel because of the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor but after staying there I have to say I was quite disappointed.
The hotel itself is nice and in a good location, if you don't mind a 20 minute walk into town. The room and bathroom were small, which didn’t surprise me, but if someone was sat at the desk at the end of the bed, they’d have to get up in order for another person to get past. It was nicely furnished.
I booked our stay here three and a half months in advance and therefore took advantage of the early bird rate. A number of the Trip Advisor reviews I'd read mentioned how nice the garden view was, so because it was for a surprise weekend away for my partner, I paid extra for a "Standard Plus Double Room" with "Fountain/Garden view"- this is what is stated on the booking page (see attached). However, the room we stayed in was on the very top floor of the building and the view we had was mainly sky with some derelict buildings in the distance.
When I mentioned to the manager that I wasn't really happy because I had paid for a garden view after the TA reviews, he was quite dismissive and said that actually, I had paid for a garden "side" room, as the road "side" of the building is noisier due to traffic. I said that the booking page of the website had clearly stated "garden view" but the Manager's answer was, "well, you have paid for garden "side" not garden "view" and actually this is what the website says, I guarantee you". He then proceeded to further condescend me the day after, during check out, by smugly informing me that he had personally checked the website and indeed it said "garden facing". His condescension aside, I would be interested to know how rooms are allocated, given that I had booked so far in advance, yet ended up on the top floor with the view that we had.
I would not return to this hotel. In summary, the hotel was expensive (which I appreciate is pretty standard for Copenhagen) and nicely decorated but the room was small and the manager dealt with my complaint very badly, making me feel that actually, booking with the early bird rate (not cheap by any means) had not been to our advantage at all, because we had been given a room with derelict buildings as the view.
I would like to add though that not all members of staff were as rude as the Manager- on the contrary all the other staff we dealt with provided an excellent, friendly service.

Room Tip: If you pay extra because you want a garden view, I would recommend that you check which room you have been allocated in advance, because for anything above the 4th floor, it is not really the case that you will have a view of the garden, yet you will still pay extra for this feature. Rooms on the top floor are so high up, they shouldn't affected by street noise, as the road the hotel is on is not busy.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SDRJvoy
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

Dear SDRJvoy

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us.

It saddens me to read that your experience varies so widely to what the majority of our other clients experience, but an honest opinion and review reflecting your viewpoint is an integral part of the learning curve and is appreciated.

You clearly indicate that we have a difference of opinion, and this you are of course more than welcome to have and express.

The room type you booked clearly indicated that it was a graden side room, and I took to the opportunity to show you the description information on line. My apologies if you should find that providing you with a clarification is condescending and smug.

Copenhagen is an expensive city, and the rate you chose reflected a discount to the daily rates. We allocate rooms based on the room type booked, and the room types are clearly described in the booking process - as shown to you. We utilize all rooms available including those of the top floor, and do not regard any rooms as being underrated in regards to the description provided.

I am happy to read that you had a pleasant trip to Copenhagen, and would like to wish you the best for the coming summer season.

Reviewed 11 May 2012

Very friendly, small yet comfortable quiet and ideal for us was little disappointed roll top bath was small non standard size.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Carmel H
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2012

Dera Carmel H

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us.

I am a little lost with regards to your comment regarding "roll top bath".... However feel free to contact me - my details are available on the website - to elaborate.