Stayed here 3 days at end of June in a superior garden facing room. Nicely done interiors, clean, attention to detail in the well thought out rooms. Well worth persevering through the unprepossessing exterior. Also note though :
1. there is a steep flight of 10 steps to reach the lift - I saw older ladies struggling with their luggage up and down these
2. the hotel is actually about 20 mins walk to the centre and the area isn't exactly picturesque. We compensated for this though with perfectly located halfway stops at the wonderful Mikkeller beer bar
3. the hotel has a very pleasant small courtyard garden, which because it is small and the hotel is several stories high, means there is only the narrowest of views down into the garden from upper floors. That means there is usually little by way of a garden view, but however garden facing does mean your room is at the back of the hotel, away from the busy road.
All in all a good place to stay on a modest budget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This intimate boutique hotel is located in the hip Vesterbro district of Copenhagen. Bertrams is Guldsmeden Hotels' smallest and most intimate Copenhagen hotel, and the fortyseven beautiful rooms and lovely secluded courtyard are an oasis in a quiet area of Vesterbro. Our philosophy is simple: create a home not a hotel. Make our home a place all would want to live in - even if just for a weekend - in the heart of one of Copenhagen's most vibrant boroughs - Vesterbro. Stylish and relaxed, Bertrams Guldsmeden welcomes guests to a whole new Copenhagen experience, combining art and leisure in an intimate residential atmosphere. Built in the late 1800's our design, decor and amenities are steeped in signature Balinese-inspired roots featuring a soothing spirit that is warm, distinctive and inviting. All products, furnishings and services are organic and/or fair-trade. Our only forty seven guest rooms are set in well-appointed, intimate surroundings with details that are discovered in unexpected places. Our spirit is rooted in the true essence of friendly, traditional service. Located within a short distance to the center of Copenhagen, our guests benefit from simple access to outdoor bliss, shopping, dining, sightseeing and nightlife and the ability to return to a warm whimsical oasis. Families with children will be better served at the other Guldsmeden Hotels properties in Copenhagen, where extra beds and appropriate services are offered. We do require of guests to be over 18 years of age. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Fastbooking, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bertrams Hotel Copenhagen