Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen
  • Free Internet
Hotel Cabin Express(Frederiksberg)
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfour poster bedbus stoporganic breakfastboutique hotelcity centresmall balconysmall hotelcentral stationmeatpacking districtcomfy bedbars and restaurantsreception deskyogurtbreakfast roomsuperior roomnikolasbertrand
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights with my wife after spending the week at the Radisson Blu Scandanavia for a business meeting. This was a much, much cozier as I expected from all the reviews. I was the last to check in for the day so I was a bit worried but the garden room I was given was large and very nicely appointed compared to the Radisson. It was off the courtyard which did have some guests in it late into one night we were there - we had privacy but we could hear them out there. The neighborhood around the hotel was ok and the hotel was close enough to the sites to walk. The hotel seems to be set up around environmental sustainability/friendliness. That isn't a big selling point for me but I did appreciate the care and thoughtfulness put into the details of the hotel that came with it. The only negative was that the hotel owner gave us more opinion than we cared for when we asked him what we should see in our one day in Copenhagen. He said "I don't know why people do what they do" referring to the fact that we only left one day in Copenhagen before moving on to other destinations. He still gave us good advice on what to do and was nice overall.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Dear yellowbass

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to learn that the conclusion of your Copenhagen trip was spent with us. It is a pleasure to know that the services and advice provided entailed that you were able to discover and enjoy Copenhagen.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

The hosts at this hotel were so gracious and helpful! The location was wonderful - we have stayed closer to the city centre in the past and have not enjoyed it nearly as much, the leisurely stroll to Tivoli was lovely and the neighborhood has loads of treasures for shopping, dining , etc.
We stayed here before our cruise and then, after such a pleasant time, decided to stay there our final night in Copenhagen - not to be missed!

• Stayed: August 2013
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2013

Dear Reviewer1497

It was a pleasure to host you not once but twice during you recent visit to Copenhagen. I really appreciate the time you have taken to post a review allowing other TripAdvisor users to gain an insight on our property.

Your review reflects what we are all about - good old fashioned hospitality.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

This hotel was wonderful. The rooms were very comfortable and clean, the breakfast was delicious and the staff was very kind. Our room had a really nice bathtub and garden view.

As far as transportation goes: We rented bikes one day, which is a must to try in Copenhagen. All the other days it was easy to walk or travel by bus or train. The bus stop is literally right in front of the hotel (which has a key fob-activated lobby door, so it's actually way safer than most US hotels I've been in). I'd stay here again for sure.

I liked this location because it's within walking distance of the city center (~20 min max), but it's not in the middle of the tourist mess. I live in San Francisco, so I really didn't want to stay in the equivalent of Union Square. This was perfect :D

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Leigh D

It is always a pleasure to read feedback like yours, and as always I appreciate the time you used to inform others of your "find".

You sum up pretty well, what we believe in - good old fashioned hospitality - yet also inform other readers of the advantages of getting away from the beaten path.

Once again, thank you.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Charming rooms and public areas, lively location in a real neighborhood, fabulous breakfast, and excellent service from hands-on family owner-operators. If you need big hotel amenities, this may not appeal. But if want a home-way-from-home experience, the is the spot.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2013

Dear Heymarci

I much appreciate your review of your recent stay with us.

It pleases me to read that you found our hands-on approach to your liking, and that your stay with us contributed to a successful Copenhagen trip.

Looking forward to hosting you and your friends in the future.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Pro: Good location. There is a bus stop right in front and another one around the corner, so it's easy to get around. The street that the hotel is located on does not have much to offer, although there is a great restaurant or two. Also within walking distance in Meatpacking district there is Fiskebar a great fish place. Kingosgade and Frederiksberg Alle are full of little surprises. I try to avoid staying in places full of tourists, rather try to stay with the locals.
Con: Really didn't like to the room, horrible bathroom. It is not an urban oasis as described. The pictures are very inviting but once you are past the lobby, the rooms are very plain , not much character. There is also an unpleasant scent when you enter the room, probably because of lack of good air circulation. The bathrooms are tiny!!! Only one person could be in at a time. Toilet is basically in front of the tiny sink. You have to put your shampoo etc on top of the toilet since there is no room in a tiny shower. When I was drying my hair I kept hitting the walls , the room is so small and i am an average size person (60kg) Also I was sweating in the bathroom while trying my hair , no ventilation . I have stayed in a lot of hotels in Europe , this was the only one that I would never stay in again :(

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 2013Joanna
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

Dear 2013Joanna

I much appreciate the time you have taken to post a review of your recent stay with us, and I am sure that other readers also will.

Indeed the bathroom facilities are small - however they are functional, meet all health and safety codes, and have all that is needed. You have to consider that we are not in a purpose built hotel, but in a building from the late 1800's, which has been modified a few times, which have also included installation of bathrooms.

I am though pleased that you found our immediate surroundings to be of the beaten tourist path, and this entailed that you enjoyed Copenhagen.