Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Skt. Petri(Copenhagen)
US$353
US$345
Hotel Christian IV(Copenhagen)
US$269
US$252
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Sct. Thomas(Copenhagen)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$129
  • Free Internet
First Hotel Mayfair(Copenhagen)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$184
  • Bar/Lounge
Adina Apartment Hotel Copenhagen(Copenhagen)
US$302
US$200
US$178
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfour poster bedbus stoporganic breakfastboutique hotelcity centresmall balconysmall hotelcentral stationmeatpacking districtcomfy bedbars and restaurantsreception deskyogurtbreakfast roomsuperior roomnikolasbertrand
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Good hotel. It's well situated for getting into the centre (Bus 6A goes from outside the door) and is quiet. We had a room a the back which may well be the quieter side.

Breakfasts are apparently very good but we didn't manage breakfast during our stay.

Reception is very helpful and (of course) spoke impeccable English.

Good sized rooms and bathroom (ours had a bath not a walk-in shower). The double is two singles joined together which is sadly very common nowadays.

No complaints basically!

Room Tip: Pay a bit extra for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Jules064

Myself and my staff thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. Like ourselves, I am sure other TripAdvisor users will value your feedback.

I am pleased that we contributed to a great trip to Copenhagen.

I would however just like to clarify your point on the bedding - yes there are two mattresses in the beds, but it is one four postured bed, and not two singe beds.

Have a wonderful summer.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

A wonderful hotel, true to the Guldsmeden Ethos!! Relaxed but efficient staff, great rooms, superb breakfast and wonderful atmosphere. Only small point of complaint was dusty floors. Either the hooverbag needed emptying or the staff need to get out in all the corners!

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear BigAlex55

Thank you for offering your time to post a review of your recent stay with us.

I much appreciate your feedback & will be bringing this to the attention of our housekeepers.

Have a wonderful summer.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night in October 2013. The service was great, the rooms were well appointed, comfortable and had everything we needed. The hotel's recommendations for cafes etc were great. The hotel is also located in a pretty central area - within walking distance to Tivoli gardens and the train to the airport.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear ElizabethAmy

I thank you kindly for post a review of your stay with us, despite it being some time ago.... I assume we left a lasting memory.

I am pleased to conclude that we lived up to your expectations, and that your trip to Copenhagen was good.

Wishing you a pleasant summer.....sorry winter (you are down under).

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Staff were helpful. Did not try the breakfast as too expensive but went into a 7/11 shop where we got croissants and coffee at a reasonable price. The problem for me is I am a light sleeper and the traffic was far too noisy. We could not open our windows because of the noise,so our room was far too hot. The room was sufficient but could do with a little bit of updating. No tea/coffee facilities. Maybe if we had stayed in one of the rooms at the back, it would have been better.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear lin h

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I much appreciate the compliments of our service, and accept the criticism of our facilities.

I hope that your trip to Copenhagen was otherwise fruitful and would like to wish you a pleasant summer.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The desk personnel at this hotel could not be more helpful. They provided
advice on everything -- walking tours, where to eat.

But the physical plant had problems. You go up a tiny elevator to a fifth-floor
room, one that is fairly sparse. And then -- wait until you see the bathroom.
A tiny shower, without even a ledge or anything else to place soap or
shampoo or a comb -- nope, you have to put them on the wet floor.
And the shower attachment doesn't even work -- the attachment is so loose
that it, too, falls off to the floor. Really, for close to $200 a night, even in
expensive Copenhagen, you can do better than this.

1  Thank JamesMWashington
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear JamesMWashington

Thank you so much for posting a review of your recent stay with us. Myself, my staff and other TripAdvisor users much appreciate your feedback.

I am pleased to hear that the level of service provided met your expectations. I appreciate your critique of our physical facilities. General upkeep is an area I am focused on, and I will be discussing the points you have made with our housekeeps, ensuring that they provide better feedback on defects and broken items. Kindly accept my apologies for this lack.

I hope that your trip to Copenhagen was otherwise pleasant, and would like to wish you a wonderful summer.

Nikolas HALL - owner