“Friendly and cozy place in a great location”

Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen
Ranked #8 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
GreenLeadersBronze level
Helsinki, Finland
“Friendly and cozy place in a great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

First step: Accept the fact that hotel rooms in Copenhagen are ridiculous in their size. Second step: Accept that they are also very expensive. Done. After those little bumps on the road you can really start enjoying this fairly small hotel in central Copenhagen. We spent five nights here during January and the experience was really enjoyable.

There were some odd things, like cleaners running in halls which made a lot of noise to our room, but overall these were small downsides. The hotel has a really nice tropical theme and lot of wood is used in interiors.

Breakfast was really amazing, so even though it is fairly expensive, it is worth the money, especially during the weekend.

I can't say that the hotel is excellent quality for money since it is very expensive, but like I said in the beginning - Copenhagen is a pretty odd place when it comes to hotel rooms. At least in this place you get what you pay for.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Perttu T

Thank you for taking the the time to post a review of your stay with us, although it was some time ago.

I greatly appreciate that you have highlighted some of the peculiarities of the Copenhagen hotel market, so that other TripAdvisor users are aware of this.

Wishing you a wonderful summer, wherever it may be (you home country has fabulous summers), and hope to be able to welcome you again some time in the future.

Nikolas HALL - Owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I loved staying at Bertrams Guldsmeden. We stayed over a weekend and the room was great. I really appreciate the Bali-style of the interior design. The breakfast is ecologic but the one thing I missed out was fresh orange juice - or other fresh fruit juices. I had a massage on Sunday and it was like beeing sent to heaven, my headache disappeared and my back felt so much better. This is where I will stay next time I go to Copenhagen again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Maria G

I much appreciate the time you have taken to post a review about your most recent visit.

I am pleased to read that you find the ambience appealing, and even more happy to read that your massage was relieving.

I, however do not fully comprehend your feedback on juices, as we do have a selection of fruit juices, as well as smoothies on our breakfast buffet.

Wishing you a pleasant summer.

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel using a gift voucher. I loved the breakfast consisting of fresh different types of bread, boiled organic eggs, musli, selection of cheese, fish and cold meats. My husband however was not a fan, to each their own. Lovely four poster bed, very comfy! Small shower room but it served its purpose. Nice organic shower products to use as well! Wifi was included

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Christina W

Myself and my staff much appreciate the time you have taken to post a review of your recent stay with us.

I smiled on reading your comment - to each their own. We are pleased that we were able to contribute to a good trip to Copenhagen.

Tring, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I booked a three night stay at Bertrams Guldsmeden for myself and my daughter. I loved the atmosphere and the the decor. The room was lovely with a very comfortable four poster bed. A minor criticism would be that the wash hand basin had a crack in it and was very small, but apart from this, We really enjoyed our visit and would definitely choose to stay again. The courtyard garden was a lovely oasis of peace and the staff were always on hand if needed. The breakfasts were delicious! A great place to spend a long weekend.

Room Tip: I guess the rooms at the back overlooking the Courtyard are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Joan W

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us.

I am pleased that your daughter and yourself enjoyed your stay with us, and that we contributed to a good trip to Wonderful Copenhagen.

Have a great summer.

Nikolas Hall - Owner
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Lovely stay and extremely nice staff. Although not smack in the middle of things the location is a great spot to venture out and discover different areas. Bike rental's a bit expensive but until midnight - very convenient.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Anja K

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. I much appreciate the time you have used to do so, and I am sure that other readers will do likewise.

Biking is a great way to see the city, and far cheaper as opposed to using public transport.

Wishing you a great summer.

Cambridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Good hotel. It's well situated for getting into the centre (Bus 6A goes from outside the door) and is quiet. We had a room a the back which may well be the quieter side.

Breakfasts are apparently very good but we didn't manage breakfast during our stay.

Reception is very helpful and (of course) spoke impeccable English.

Good sized rooms and bathroom (ours had a bath not a walk-in shower). The double is two singles joined together which is sadly very common nowadays.

No complaints basically!

Room Tip: Pay a bit extra for a quiet room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Jules064

Myself and my staff thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. Like ourselves, I am sure other TripAdvisor users will value your feedback.

I am pleased that we contributed to a great trip to Copenhagen.

I would however just like to clarify your point on the bedding - yes there are two mattresses in the beds, but it is one four postured bed, and not two singe beds.

Sonderborg, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

A wonderful hotel, true to the Guldsmeden Ethos!! Relaxed but efficient staff, great rooms, superb breakfast and wonderful atmosphere. Only small point of complaint was dusty floors. Either the hooverbag needed emptying or the staff need to get out in all the corners!

• Stayed May 2014
Dear BigAlex55

Thank you for offering your time to post a review of your recent stay with us.

I much appreciate your feedback & will be bringing this to the attention of our housekeepers.