“Very nice small hotel”

Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen
Ranked #8 of 118 Hotels in Copenhagen
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We were very pleased with our stay here. The staff was the highlight, exceptionally helpful, friendly and engaging. We also liked our room, reasonably well-appointed, with a small balcony that we used. The location, about a 15 minute walk from the Central Station, was interesting and reasonably convenient, particularly to good restaurants.

Room Tip: Breakfast is very attractive and convenient. If you book your room directly through the hotel, the...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear TomBrunner

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us.

I am pleased that my staff and I were able to provide you with tips that suited your Copenhagen visit.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We spent three nights at Bertrams and will gladly come back. Warm and friendly service are the hallmarks of this property. Each member of staff was attentive and engaging, making us feel like welcome guests.
We were also very happy with the location, about a 10 minute walk from Central Station and straddling chic. upscale Frederiksberg and edgy, hip Vesterbro/Meatpacking District. There's something for everyone in the neighborhoods surrounding the hotel.
Our room was clean and the bed comfortable. The bathroom was adequate for a 3-star property. Toothbrush/toothpaste and good hygiene products were great added touches. Water pressure was a bit on the weak side, but that's to be expected in an older building. Water temperature though was very good. Free wi-fi was greatly appreciated.
Many positive features of our stay give us many reasons to return to Bertrams to enjoy the wonderful hospitality.

1  Thank Arkybergy
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Arkybergy

It was a pleasure hosting you, and I am happy that a Top Contributor on TripAdvisor wishes to share his experience with us.

I am sorry that you experienced low water pressure, but this was more than likely due to the fact that we were running a full house, and many were utilizing the facilities at the same time.

I am extremely pleased that you appreciated the small details, and that our tips on what to do were what you were looking for.

The only thing we really could not influence was the weather.... but we all survived.

Thanks again for staying.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed for one night while travelling via Copenhagen to Stockholm. The hotel manager was very welcoming and helpful. He also recommended a couple of great local restaurants for brunch and dinner, both of which were fantastic. The room was very nice and the whole hotel was stylishly designed. Breakfast was great. Can't fault the stay.

Room Tip: The street in the front is a little noisy with the windows open. Choose one over at the back if you...

Dear Dan H

I greatly appreciate the time you have used - to stay with us, and to let others know what you experienced.

I am pleased that you found our service moto - good old fashioned hospitality - to be of liking. I am also thrilled that the tips provided were exactly what you seemed.

Hope to have you back.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I've been coming to Bertrams Guldsmeden for over 6 years now, twice a year. I have tried other hotels in Copenhagen, but once I found this wonderful family run hotel, why would I stay any other place? The staff is amazing and so personal, they even remember to have soy milk in the fridge for me, since I am allergic to milk. The rooms are wonderfully appointed and the beds are so comfortable. The hotel is centrally located, so I can always either walk or take the bus to my meetings. I like to tell all my friends about this little jem, since I truly believe it's the best place to stay in Copenhagen!

Room Tip: A superior room is the way to go. It overlooks the garden and it's wonderful to open the french...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear ScandiGirl03

My staff and I are extremely grateful that you have shared your well kept secret with the TripAdvisor community.

You like man others come regularly, and for a reason - Good old fashioned hospitality.

I hope our paths cross in Spain later this year... it could be fun.

Warmest regards from Andrea, Adam, Marilynn, and all the others.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

The hotel is beautiful and clean and well provided for. But it is the front desk service that makes this an outstanding hotel: everyone is very helpful and go out of their way to accomodate your needs. One example that would summarise the level of care for the customer's well being is the following. I go to Copenhagen for work quite often and usually stay at this hotel. One time, due to a particularly busy time in Copenhagen due to a congress, all the hotels were booked. I had a room reserved in advance at Guldsmeden, but, somehow, there had been a mistake and my room was given away. Upon realising the owner took charge and scouted Copenhagen for an alternative room and called to let me know upon my landing. Not only did he go to the considerable trouble but also my new room was prepaid and at no charge to me. Now of that is not customer service I don't know what is.

• Stayed: August 2014
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear Pharmcat_travels

Knowing that you have taken time off for a little vacation, using precious free time to post a review is greatly appreciated. In am pleased that you have decided to share you experiences at Bertrams Guldsmeden with other travelers who use TripAdvisor. You feedback is truly valuable.

The incident you mentioned is one I remember well, but for me it is one of many that defines good old fashioned hospitality.

Looking forward to hosting you again, and will be enjoying a short break myself, after a very hot and busy summer.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

The best part of this hotel is the owner, Nikolas - very friendly & outgoing nature that immediately puts you at ease, and has a vast knowledge of Copenhagen and ready to give you any advice you need - adapts to your needs. After our long travel to get there he hit the mark perfectly by suggesting a pub just around the back from hotel - the meals were exactly as he said - excellent, big, and a homely atmosphere.
Our hotel room was small but very neat and tidy. We overlooked a courtyard, the room has a 4 poster bed (very comfortable), a desk and chair and just enough room to open our suitcases, and there is a cupboard with a few shelves and a bit of hanging space. We also had a safe for our valuables, and had a bar fridge with a few items in it.The bathroom has a claw bath with a hand held shower hose on the side - must say you might find washing your hair a challenge and interesting.
A small breakfast area but had a a fair variety of items including cereals, muesli, fruit salad, yoghurt. Had good quality cheeses and cold meats ( incl. ham off the bone), pate, some excellent breads with home made jams, juices, percolated coffee and various types of tea. There were boiled eggs but nothing else hot, not missed as plenty of variety.
Going out, you can help yourself to fruit , a bus stop is right outside the door or you can walk about 1km to the main shopping area, or in the other direction, thanks to Nikolas, you find a lovely park and also the parks and gardens of the Summer Palace.
Overall we had an enjoyable stay and loved the position.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leigh C
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Leigh C

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. Being a Top Contributor your input is highly valued by others using this site.

I am pleased that our interpretation of Good Old Fashioned Hospitality, was appealing to you.

Once again thank you for staying with us, and for visiting Copenhagen.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We had a lovely two-night stay. The service was welcoming and very helpful. Our room, which overlooked the garden, was great. It's definately worth getting a superior room, the style and space was very relaxing. We walked everywhere in Copenhagen so the location was great for us. Breakfast was varied and all of it delicious. Would thoroughly recommend this to friends and family and if we are in the city again would book the same hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Lov3Hoildays

I thank you greatly for the time taken to post a review of your recent stay with us.

It pleases me to conclude that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that Copenhagen lived up to it reputation of "Wonderful".