“Friendly and comfortable”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Copenhagen
Copenhagen International B&B
Ranked #1 of 42 Copenhagen B&B and Inns
Helsinki
“Friendly and comfortable”
Reviewed 25 February 2007

I rented the suite as two separate bedrooms with a friend and her baby for a long weekend, and was very happy with how everything panned out. The B&B is very child-friendly, and Philip and Anne-Mette helpful and knowledgable.

I loved the spacious rooms, high ceilings and wooden floors. It was great to be right in the centre of Copenhagen, with everything in easy walking distance. I also adored the smoked deer salami which came with the breakfast when we were there!

I'll definitely stay there again when I visit Copenhagen again - which I hope is soon, because I loved the town.

Takk!

Stayed February 2007
4 Thank LindarellaHelsinki

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Neuenrade, Germany
Reviewed 1 November 2006

We (2 persons) stayed at this B&B for four days while attending a conference in Copenhagen. The large suite with two separate bedrooms was very clean and spacious. The two double-beds were both very comfortable. Toilets and shower are shared with the owner and his family and possibly more guests, but this did not cause any trouble in our case and everything was always nice and clean. During the weekends we were provided with a nice breakfast (even at 6:45am no problem for the host to bring fresh, warm bread and eggs!) and during the weekdays we had excellent breakfast in the bakery right next door.
The B&B could not be located any more central right in the city centre of Copenhagen. Still, at night there was no problem with noise from the streets.
There is no radio, TV or microwave in the rooms or available to the guest, but if you know about this before you book, this shouldn't be a problem.
Overall, we can highly recommend this place for a B&B stay in Copenhagen!

• Liked — Central, good quality location at a reasonable price!
  • Tips/Secrets — Contact the owners before to clarify any questions, they are very friendly!
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled on business
3 Thank PharmacistGermany
Ghent
Reviewed 18 September 2006

We have been in this B&B already several times! We love Denmark! Every year, at least once, we go there, sometimes twice a year. We go there with my husband and my doughter. We always went to a different place to stay till we met this family: Philip, Anne-Mette and the kids. Such a hospitality for that price is not usual anywhere in the world. What regards privacy: we have been to different B&B's and it was always sharing a house with the family. Thats why it's called B&B in Europe, I believe. We like it this way and I am sure we are not the only one. If you are looking for good service, clean place, friendly hosts and cheap accommodation this is the place to stay in Copenhagen. We have just been there and we go in January again. We like that place and we like it with those people in it! So if you are planning to visit Copenhagen - this is the place to be. Thanks for everything guys and keep up with excellent work. See you in January.
Greating from Belgium
Family Hoste

• Liked — Hospitality, price, clean .....
  • Disliked — everything is just fine....
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't forget your camera....
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Hoste's
Richardson, Texas
Reviewed 13 July 2006

We stayed at the International B & B for two nights. First, the positives: the location is great, very central, and you can walk to most attractions. The price was relatively inexpensive for Denmark and the rooms were huge. (We stayed in the two room suite.) The negatives: the lack of privacy. This is not a true B & B, you are really renting a room in someone's apartment. For some this might not be a problem but for me, it was uncomfortable. As previously mentioned, you have to share a bathroom with the family lthat lives there & the other guests so it can be a pain to try and get in to the shower in the morning if you're on a schedule. Also, Phillipe had forgotten about a booking so when we arrived home the first night, the second bed in our suite was removed without any advance notice. This didn't bother me until the next day when my brother in law, his wife and daughter came upstairs to our room to take some of our extra luggage because we were going to Norway for a few days...Phillipe gave us a lecture on how we should ask before we have anyone up to our room and he would never dream of doing such a thing. I guess understanding unexpected situations was a one-way affair. We saved money staying here versus staying in a hotel but you pay for it in other ways. And note that the breakfast is only served on the weekends, not during the week.

• Stayed June 2006
7 Thank lauraintx
PHILIP_CPH, owner & manager at Copenhagen International B&B, responded to this review, 25 July 2006
This review does not reflect the entire fact, and needs some answers from my side.

Firstly; many of the European B&Bs (continental Europe) are part of the hosts' residence. This is actually the point that makes one's stay more personal with this sort of B&Bs, and therefore, the expression of “a true B&B” is open for discussion - however, we will not discuss it here. Still, two bathrooms are shared, and this is stated explicitly in our website and in directories we are listed.

Secondly; the reviewer stayed in the 2-rooms-suite which has been designated for 4 people. And the removed bed was the one not offered to them, we placed a designer carpet instead of the bed as the extra bed was not used by the reviewer couple.
In short, the second double bed in the second room was not part of their “purchase” and I have difficulties in understanding why this complaint, since the usability of the suite was not worsen but improved with more free space + carpet on the floor.

Third; if I am going to have visitors in my hotel room, or in other places, it is necessary for my being polite, that I ask permission for that. BUT, the reviewer hides the fact that the family visit took more than 2 hours, and they had lunch all together, so this was not just for picking up the suitcases. On the other hand, if I were asked for permission I would never say no – and I told this to the reviewer, again explicitly. Their behavior was far too “liberal” for a European – Should I also mention that the guests had given their keys to a third person. I would rather thank to my host if I were him for having a lunch & conversation area for 4 adults + play ground for the young one. Yes, the suite is that large.

Fourth; as many reviews here at Trip Advisor and in our own website say so, our breakfast is a true service because its real cost is more than the price we charge. That is the reason for we serve it only on the weekends unless there the guest “require” having breakfasts here.

Lastly: For the first time we had a booking problem: a family of four from Massachusetts were not visible in our simple booking system. As my apologizing, I offered free accommodation to this family, and they accepted this happily, and we solved the problem in a good way. This was a too generous solution, I do not know what this has to do as a criticism. Nevertheless, I informed the reviewer couple about the situation, and also about that I was afraid of any negative review or bad reputation on cyberspace because 1 bad review shades all struggle we have made until now in our first year. And this encouraged this couple to write a review.
Well, I say I learn something new from each guest - that is proven once again with the writer of this reviews. Still, any criticism is always welcome.

London
Reviewed 21 June 2006

The previous reviews of the B&B are correct -- the location is amazing and rooms are spacious. The owners are very friendly and will try to help out. Our biggest issues with the location was the lack of privacy. We were woken up early each day by the little kids (who are well behaved but are still children). In addition, we did not enjoy having to share the bathroom with not only the family but we had to share the shower facilities with the other guests. Overall, a great place if you do not mind having the lack of privacy and are morning people.

Stayed June 2006
4 Thank mikelondon1
PHILIP_CPH, owner & manager at Copenhagen International B&B, responded to this review, 27 July 2006
We have two bathrooms and these are shared, and this information is stated explicitly in our website and in all directories we are listed. The guests should have been knowing this prior to their arrival. Therefore this review is not a credible one on this point. On the other hand, I apologize for children “noise” whether these are our children or guest children. Still, thanks to our guest for the review, and thanks to the reader.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2006

This B&B met all our needs and more. The location is amazing, a few minutes walk from Central Station, Town Square, Stroget and Tivoli mean that you couldn't be more central for touring the city.

The rooms were large, clean and airy - certainly considerably more spacious than any hotel room we've ever stayed in and considerably bigger than our flat in London. Cupboard space was made available for us. The proprietors were friendly and couldn't have been more helpful. They were happy for us to arrive early in the morning and leave our bags and we were given keys so we were able to come and go as we pleased. When I asked for synthetic bedding, this was available as well.

Breakfast was great, although you'd be foolish not to skip breakfast one morning and have croissants at the little bakery right next door - easily the best I've ever had. (I had two for breakfast and stopped past on the way home and bought some extras to take home!).

The only 'problem' we had was that Internet connectivity - which is advertised - was not available. This was temporal as Phillipe was changing service providers at the time so it shouldn't affect anyone else. Admittedly, Phillipe was happy for me to access the 'net on dial-up for important matters, but I wasn't able to get my daily news fix.

Be aware that toilets are shared. There is one guest toilet and another bathroom with shower and toilet which is shared with Phillipe and his family. This was not a problem for us, but some travellers prefer private facilities.

All in all, a phenomenal find, for a reasonable price. If it’s all about location, spaciousness or friendliness of proprietors then this spot is 12 out of 10. If it’s all about proximity to croissants, make it 15 out of 10!

• Stayed May 2006
6 Thank davereinhardt
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 May 2006

You will love the place, your friendly and helpful host family, the spacious rooms (bathroom facilities to be shared), the excellent breakfasts.
Explore the city by foot, you reside quite centrally.

• Stayed May 2006