“Lovely B&B in great location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Copenhagen
Copenhagen International B&B
Ranked #1 of 42 Copenhagen B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 March 2007

I travelled to Copenhagen with my 8 month old to meet a friend from Helsinki - Copenhagen was a convenient half-way point and what a great city ti is!

The B&B location was central and easy to get to. The 2 rooms were very spacious with lots of light (in February!) and very clean. Wooden floors and beautiful ceilings too - all the space allowed my son to happily crawl about without any danger of knocking things over. Happily, they had absolutedly no problem with me bringing him along and rented a cot for me as requested at a very small extra cost (he would have stayed for free otherwise).

The breakfast was wonderful and freshly prepared.

Even though you do have to share the shower/bath with the family, they had no problem with me bathing my little one at night and using their kitchen to wash out his utensils and bottles. So my only concern was easily overcome by our very friendly and helpful hosts.

My only regret was that I didn't stay another night or two to see more of copenhagen and try out the bakery next day!

• Stayed: February 2007
2  Thank schnoek

Reviewed 28 February 2007

In february 2007 I stayed in Copenhagen for five days.My friend and I decided to stay in a B&B for the first time. We found Copenhagen international B&B and this was a very good choice! the hosts were very nice and for a really short period we found ourselves being part of a very friendly Danish family! So my advise...go and visit Copenhagen international B&B!

Kees Pronk
The Netherlands

Stayed: February 2007
5  Thank keecee1
Reviewed 25 February 2007

I rented the suite as two separate bedrooms with a friend and her baby for a long weekend, and was very happy with how everything panned out. The B&B is very child-friendly, and Philip and Anne-Mette helpful and knowledgable.

I loved the spacious rooms, high ceilings and wooden floors. It was great to be right in the centre of Copenhagen, with everything in easy walking distance. I also adored the smoked deer salami which came with the breakfast when we were there!

I'll definitely stay there again when I visit Copenhagen again - which I hope is soon, because I loved the town.

Takk!

Stayed: February 2007
4  Thank LindarellaHelsinki
Reviewed 1 November 2006

We (2 persons) stayed at this B&B for four days while attending a conference in Copenhagen. The large suite with two separate bedrooms was very clean and spacious. The two double-beds were both very comfortable. Toilets and shower are shared with the owner and his family and possibly more guests, but this did not cause any trouble in our case and everything was always nice and clean. During the weekends we were provided with a nice breakfast (even at 6:45am no problem for the host to bring fresh, warm bread and eggs!) and during the weekdays we had excellent breakfast in the bakery right next door.
The B&B could not be located any more central right in the city centre of Copenhagen. Still, at night there was no problem with noise from the streets.
There is no radio, TV or microwave in the rooms or available to the guest, but if you know about this before you book, this shouldn't be a problem.
Overall, we can highly recommend this place for a B&B stay in Copenhagen!

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled on business
3  Thank PharmacistGermany
Reviewed 18 September 2006

We have been in this B&B already several times! We love Denmark! Every year, at least once, we go there, sometimes twice a year. We go there with my husband and my doughter. We always went to a different place to stay till we met this family: Philip, Anne-Mette and the kids. Such a hospitality for that price is not usual anywhere in the world. What regards privacy: we have been to different B&B's and it was always sharing a house with the family. Thats why it's called B&B in Europe, I believe. We like it this way and I am sure we are not the only one. If you are looking for good service, clean place, friendly hosts and cheap accommodation this is the place to stay in Copenhagen. We have just been there and we go in January again. We like that place and we like it with those people in it! So if you are planning to visit Copenhagen - this is the place to be. Thanks for everything guys and keep up with excellent work. See you in January.
Greating from Belgium
Family Hoste

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Hoste's
Reviewed 13 July 2006

We stayed at the International B & B for two nights. First, the positives: the location is great, very central, and you can walk to most attractions. The price was relatively inexpensive for Denmark and the rooms were huge. (We stayed in the two room suite.) The negatives: the lack of privacy. This is not a true B & B, you are really renting a room in someone's apartment. For some this might not be a problem but for me, it was uncomfortable. As previously mentioned, you have to share a bathroom with the family lthat lives there & the other guests so it can be a pain to try and get in to the shower in the morning if you're on a schedule. Also, Phillipe had forgotten about a booking so when we arrived home the first night, the second bed in our suite was removed without any advance notice. This didn't bother me until the next day when my brother in law, his wife and daughter came upstairs to our room to take some of our extra luggage because we were going to Norway for a few days...Phillipe gave us a lecture on how we should ask before we have anyone up to our room and he would never dream of doing such a thing. I guess understanding unexpected situations was a one-way affair. We saved money staying here versus staying in a hotel but you pay for it in other ways. And note that the breakfast is only served on the weekends, not during the week.

• Stayed: June 2006
7  Thank lauraintx
PHILIP_CPH, owner & manager at Copenhagen International B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2006

This review does not reflect the entire fact, and needs some answers from my side.

Firstly; many of the European B&Bs (continental Europe) are part of the hosts' residence. This is actually the point that makes one's stay more personal with this sort of B&Bs, and therefore, the expression of “a true B&B” is open for discussion - however, we will not discuss it here. Still, two bathrooms are shared, and this is stated explicitly in our website and in directories we are listed.

Secondly; the reviewer stayed in the 2-rooms-suite which has been designated for 4 people. And the removed bed was the one not offered to them, we placed a designer carpet instead of the bed as the extra bed was not used by the reviewer couple.
In short, the second double bed in the second room was not part of their “purchase” and I have difficulties in understanding why this complaint, since the usability of the suite was not worsen but improved with more free space + carpet on the floor.

Third; if I am going to have visitors in my hotel room, or in other places, it is necessary for my being polite, that I ask permission for that. BUT, the reviewer hides the fact that the family visit took more than 2 hours, and they had lunch all together, so this was not just for picking up the suitcases. On the other hand, if I were asked for permission I would never say no – and I told this to the reviewer, again explicitly. Their behavior was far too “liberal” for a European – Should I also mention that the guests had given their keys to a third person. I would rather thank to my host if I were him for having a lunch & conversation area for 4 adults + play ground for the young one. Yes, the suite is that large.

Fourth; as many reviews here at Trip Advisor and in our own website say so, our breakfast is a true service because its real cost is more than the price we charge. That is the reason for we serve it only on the weekends unless there the guest “require” having breakfasts here.

Lastly: For the first time we had a booking problem: a family of four from Massachusetts were not visible in our simple booking system. As my apologizing, I offered free accommodation to this family, and they accepted this happily, and we solved the problem in a good way. This was a too generous solution, I do not know what this has to do as a criticism. Nevertheless, I informed the reviewer couple about the situation, and also about that I was afraid of any negative review or bad reputation on cyberspace because 1 bad review shades all struggle we have made until now in our first year. And this encouraged this couple to write a review.
Well, I say I learn something new from each guest - that is proven once again with the writer of this reviews. Still, any criticism is always welcome.

Reviewed 21 June 2006

The previous reviews of the B&B are correct -- the location is amazing and rooms are spacious. The owners are very friendly and will try to help out. Our biggest issues with the location was the lack of privacy. We were woken up early each day by the little kids (who are well behaved but are still children). In addition, we did not enjoy having to share the bathroom with not only the family but we had to share the shower facilities with the other guests. Overall, a great place if you do not mind having the lack of privacy and are morning people.

Stayed: June 2006
4  Thank mikelondon1
PHILIP_CPH, owner & manager at Copenhagen International B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2006

We have two bathrooms and these are shared, and this information is stated explicitly in our website and in all directories we are listed. The guests should have been knowing this prior to their arrival. Therefore this review is not a credible one on this point. On the other hand, I apologize for children “noise” whether these are our children or guest children. Still, thanks to our guest for the review, and thanks to the reader.