“Lovely Experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Copenhagen
Copenhagen International B&B
Ranked #1 of 42 Copenhagen B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 August 2010

Delightful! I thoroughly enjoyed staying with Philip and Annette for two nights in August. My room was spacious and bright with a very comfortable bed and coffee/tea service. There is a toilet near the room, but the shower is across the apartment. While others found this awkward, it made me feel a bit at home. I found Philip to be a very friendly and interesting host. He is also a very fair businessman and his family delightful. I fully intend to stay here again on my next visit to Copenhagen. (Did I mention that the location is very convenient?)

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Philip_the_owner, Owner at Copenhagen International B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2010

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate every word of it. Did I mention that we look forward to being your hosts again? Kind regards from Copenhagen.

Reviewed 4 August 2010

Philip is a very nice and friendly person, full of precious advices and B&B is quiet but in walking distance from the city center. Hope the whole family is doing great.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank perficio196563
Reviewed 14 July 2010

I had some reservations prior to booking to this place because of some negative feedback but we found out that those were unfair and unfounded. One concern that I had was the shared restroom and shower. This became a non issue when we stayed there because the restroom that is for us was kept clean all the time.The shower that we used is the shower for the whole family so it is clean also all the time. It has a good water pressure that at times I felt drowning for the amount of water that is being poured on me.
Since we were traveling with our two teenagers, we were given a two room suite that is literally huge in size. Each room is probably 1.5 times bigger than the usual economy hotel room here in US. Our mini refrigerator is new and the room has a coffee / tea maker as well.
Our room is situated in the entrance of their condominium if I can call it that way and sort of isolated from the family living area. Philipp's entire place including the guests area is probably 3500 sq. feet without any second floor. It is in the 3rd floor with an elevator going to their place.
We felt safe throughout our stay even at times that we are coming home at night. We are literally minutes away by foot from the train station, city square and the place where all the tourists walk to get some shopping. This is the most economical way of staying at Copenhagen as most of the stuff in this city is expensive compared to the major parts of the US. I mean even a catsup at Burger King, we have to pay for it.
If I will go back to this beautiful place, I will not have any second thoughts of staying here again together with my family. Everything is walking distance from this B&B not to mention the price that he gave us.
Thanks Philipp and Anette for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Philip_the_owner, Owner at Copenhagen International B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2010

Thank you for your wonderful review. It is a pleasure to serve our guests when we know our work is appreciated. It must be probably the same in many other service businesses.
Best regards.

Reviewed 14 July 2010

The rooms and owners are perfectly nice but do understand -- you are in someone's home. That's at least how it felt to my wife, who was uncomfortable with walking through the entire length of the apartment, past every bedroom and right next to the kitchen, to use the shower, which sometimes was occupied by one of the family members so she'd have to walk all the way back, wait, then try again. If you like to get out at 8:30 or so, you need to be quick, since their family needs the room too to get their kids ready for school. Also, be aware that there are basically two units available and one is very noisy. The larger unit has two rooms (the smaller has one, I believe), and in the larger room, where we stayed, you are directly over a very busy street, including a bar below you with revelers on some nights. In the cooler months this may be less of an issue since the windows are closed, but on warmer nights you'll need the windows open (no air conditioning) and we found good sleep difficult. Still, it's a decent value and the owners are very nice so if you can live with the above it's a good choice.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank OffWeGo2010

Closing the windows could be a wise decision. If you keep your windows open, it might be noisy sometimes. It is true. Please remember that you are in downtown and very close to City Hall Square, where many activities, such as concerts, take place. During your stay there was two large screens transmitting World Football Cup and we could not do anything about. Therefore, simply closing the windows could be a wise decision.

There are few really hot summer days in Copenhagen, and we try to enjoy them instead of complaining about it although we Danes, too, are good at complaining about any weather, whether good or bad.

We also have rooms not facing the street. I wish we get the chance of hosting you again - since you do recommend us.

Secondly, 9 out 10 B&Bs (in Europe) are part of the owners' residences, so is ours. Some amenities are shared, and our prices reflect this fact.

Best regards.

Reviewed 7 June 2010

I regret the one night I stayed here. Glad I found someplace else.

Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
5  Thank KateGoesAway
Philip_the_owner, Owner at Copenhagen International B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2010

The guest booked a double a room in January, and in May, before her arrival, wanted to bargain the price for her stay. It was for the first time we received such inquiry. We offered her to cancel her reservation as it was unacceptable to discuss the price once the reservation was made, and just before arrival.

We did reject "her" offering a lower price but she did not cancel her reservation.

Upon her arrival the guest complained about there was no coffee-maker (filter coffee) although we have coffee and tea making possibilities in all rooms. She was not happy about the room.

We offered her to cancel her reservation, which was for a whole week, free of charge and to leave our B&B. We are indeed glad that she found somewhere else.

Our B&B is most suitable for regular families with or without children, business people, academics, artists, and intellectuals when we look back and see who have been our guests and were happy of staying with us.

Reviewed 28 May 2010

My wife & I were very pleased with the room provided by our host Phillipe & family in their downtown Copenhagen city-center apt. The room was large, airy, clean, and comfortable. We stayed 4 nights, and were given a discount because of the construction taking place on the building. This, however, did not bother or effect us, since we were up and out early to do our touring. We were also given a bonus of a full breakfast, which was NOT part of the original price.
While we have no problem staying in this (essentially) B&B, other travelers may not feel comfortable staying with a family........ Still, a very fair price (even before the discount), for an apt. within 5-8 minutes of the train station, Tivoli Gardens, and the Town Hall. We felt safe and comfortable whenever we were out.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank snurb55
Reviewed 26 January 2010

I came to the International B&B between Christmas and New Year 2010, for a few days, with my daughter. It was my first time in Copenhagen, and I found it a charming city that is easy to walk around. This is the perfect place to start from. The location is central, the appartment and room are large, airy and light, with a fridge, kettle, tea and coffee, a large comfortable bed, and our hosts were very Danish, welcoming and kind. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family